Exercising/workout

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wa rahmatuALlahi wa barakatuhu,

I just wanted to ask what do guyz do when you are working out, since music is haram like im looking for alternatives cause when you have something in your ear it makes the time faster and distracts you from the lactic acid pain lol

I contemplated on listening to quran, nasheed or lecture but anything like that i feel like its out of the pictures since i wont be paying attention to it and i feel like im not giving proper respect what about everyone else here any suggestions??

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.
lol I restrict myself to bicycling till now...will do something more later in sha' Allah.I don't listen to music while doing that,one can always use imagination,lol I have a very weird imagination that I am riding a horse while bicycling and a nasheed of "al qawlu qawlus sawaarim" is playing in my head; always gives me an adrenaline rush

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullah.

It would be weird to listen to quran/a lecture, because I'm sure your mind is somewhere else when you are working out. Maybe you can just listen to anasheed. I can't think of anything else

lol I restrict myself to bicycling till now...will do something more later in sha' Allah.I don't listen to music while doing that,one can always use imagination,lol I have a very weird imagination that I am riding a horse while bicycling and a nasheed of "al qawlu qawlus sawaarim" is playing in my head; always gives me an adrenaline rush

LOL brother.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

aslam o alaikum wa rahmatuALlahi wa barakatuh bro
lol alot of times when i walk i use my imagination but with running i know i will bump into stuff, With biking its diff for me i can listen to a lec lol but with running i just really need to tune myself out i was listening to nasheeds but was wondering if there is a diff alternative cuz even nasheed like u have name of Allah (swt) being mentioned and my mind is in diff places lol

JazakAllah khair :) ill try some diff nasheeds inshAllah :)

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullah.

It would be weird to listen to quran/a lecture, because I'm sure your mind is somewhere else when you are working out. Maybe you can just listen to anasheed. I can't think of anything else

aslam o alaikum wa rahmatuALlahi wa barakatuh sis

inshAllah gonna try that :)

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
AssalaamuAlaikum bhai..

Well, while working out.. Which has been quite a while for now.. Usually focus on my body conditions, earlier used to listen to music, but you see the focus was always on my body conditions. When I jog, I used to analyze every time how much energy I am burning out, how much more I have left and in order to improve how much I need to push more. So those things used to run in my head. I used to try weird things while jogging, say run 50 mts fast and slow down for 200 mts, then again the same way :p

While exercising, concentrate on your breathing, your stretching, the pain and flexing of your muscles, and of course look around for nature :D Best time to jog and exercise would be morning. My opinion. :)

By the way, You on weight reduction plan? :p Try DETOX :D :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Bhai, Horse?? Hahahaha.. :SMILY303:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

This is what a girl does (Question was directed at guys?)

Instead of counting I do tasbeeh or astagfaar. That way I'm busy counting my sobhanAllah, Alhumdulillah and Allahu Akbar 10/33/34X or Astagfaar 100X instead of pain while I stretch.

Just use your imagination while doing that. Think of Allah's creations and Might when saying SobhanAllah and Allahuakbar, His blessings, when saying Alhumdulillah and Your sins when saying Astagfaar, to make it an Ibadah/exercise

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
AssalaamuAlaikum bhai..

Well, while working out.. Which has been quite a while for now.. Usually focus on my body conditions, earlier used to listen to music, but you see the focus was always on my body conditions. When I jog, I used to analyze every time how much energy I am burning out, how much more I have left and in order to improve how much I need to push more. So those things used to run in my head. I used to try weird things while jogging, say run 50 mts fast and slow down for 200 mts, then again the same way :p

While exercising, concentrate on your breathing, your stretching, the pain and flexing of your muscles, and of course look around for nature :D Best time to jog and exercise would be morning. My opinion. :)

By the way, You on weight reduction plan? :p Try DETOX

- - - Updated - - -

Bhai, Horse?? Hahahaha.. :SMILY303:

walaikum salam wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu,

lol bhai aap bhi na hehe :D lol bhai these days :p your cell phone does everything how much energy u r burning ur pace, your speed, etc etc lol so those things are not of worry, and bhai those things would be so nice lol but u gotto remember :p THIS IS CANADA ! :p lol i cant just go out and run lol ill probably freeze before i would move my muscle lol so running mostly involve a machine or running in the house in circles lol

about breathing and stuff JazakAllah khair bhai :) keeping that in mind inshAllah,

lol the the plan is to get my metabolism back :p in Pakistan we used to play alot of different sports with neighbors so never felt the need then in high school sports team and our coaches used to really push us so ALhumdulilah, but since university its just been sitting and studying so really need to get back into energy and u know its important as a muslim one of the ustadh were saying people who are on time with exercise and other things are usually good with quran studies as well so thats why its imp ;) samje hehe

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

This is what a girl does (Question was directed at guys?)

Instead of counting I do tasbeeh or astagfaar. That way I'm busy counting my sobhanAllah, Alhumdulillah and Allahu Akbar 10/33/34X or Astagfaar 100X instead of pain while I stretch.

Just use your imagination while doing that. Think of Allah's creations and Might when saying SobhanAllah and Allahuakbar, His blessings, when saying Alhumdulillah and Your sins when saying Astagfaar, to make it an Ibadah/exercise

walaikum salam wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu,

nah anyone can participate brothers or sisters, JazakAllah khair thats really useful, best to be earning ajar while doing exercise and catch up on the zikr as well Alhumdulilah, great tips ukhti

JessieB

Salaam!
I listen to lectures. I agree that if listening to Quran, one should devote their whole attention but listening to lectures can block the music that may be in a gym while having beneficial information playing in your ears!

ishislam

i am never alone.allah is always with me
Walaikum salam warahamatuAllahi wabarakatuhu..i myself do exercise everyday and always tells lahilaha illAllah...this helps me suffer the pain too..i think u shud all try itt.and stay healthy. i wil tell more diqr next tym when exercising insshaa Allah.

Syed S

Brother, the best way to distract yourself from lactic acid pain while working out is to think about all the benefits you'll get when you're in shape. I've made a list of reasons why I excercise and the benefits I'll get once I am in good shape..Seriously it eases the transition and even motivates me to work hard :) Hope that helps!

Ummah123

I say Allah's names, Subhanallah, alhamdulillah, etc instead of counting. Tbh it puts barakah (blessing) in your exercise because since i started doing it it has been much more effective in keeping me fit.