explain this hadith plzzzzz!!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu..........back again:p

plz explain this hadith to me.........i read it sometime ago once and again a couple of days ago.........

He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) also said: “The most beloved prayer to Allah was of Dawud (alaihi as-salaam). He slept one half of the night, got up (and prayed) for one third, and then slept (the remaining) one sixth.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee and Saheeh Muslim]

sleeeping after tahajud is liked by my ALLAH???:confused:

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum sister,

its good to know your studying hadiths mashallah :)

sister i dont see anything wrong with sleeping after praying tahajjud if you time till fajr then why not :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
JAZAKALLAH KHAIRA for answering what i want to know is does ALLAH like this compared to staying awake till fajr........is that what this hadith is saying....or did i get it wrong:)....which seems to be like it:D

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
JAZAKALLAH KHAIRA for answering what i want to know is does ALLAH like this compared to staying awake till fajr........is that what this hadith is saying....or did i get it wrong:)....which seems to be like it:D

well sis, Tahajjud has many great virtous and from what i know its bes to perform tahajjud in the third part of the night

"Lo! Those who keep from evil will dwell amid gardens and watersprings, taking that which their Lord gives them. For, lo, they were doers of good. They used to sleep but little of the night and before the dawning of each day would seek forgiveness.'' (Adh-Dhariyat:15-18)

i found the verse form this fatwa

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544728

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
i didn't read the fatwa.......i'll see about it???what i'm askin is different....jazakallah khaira anyways.the aya' is beautiful.mashallah

i think this hadith would show you the practice of our Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) regarding tahajjud

Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 21 :: Hadith 231
Narrated Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As:

Allah's Apostle told me, "The most beloved prayer to Allah is that of David and the most beloved fasts to Allah are those of David. He used to sleep for half of the night and then pray for one third of the night and again sleep for its sixth part and used to fast on alternate days."

I cant find any evidence regarding your Question but it seems like our Prophet (PBUH) used to sleep before waking up for fajr and im basing this on the following hadith

Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 21 :: Hadith 234
Narrated 'Aisha:

In my house he (Prophet (p.b.u.h) ) never passed the last hours of the night but sleeping.

and also like your hadith

Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 21 :: Hadith 231
Narrated Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As:

Allah's Apostle told me, "The most beloved prayer to Allah is that of David and the most beloved fasts to Allah are those of David. He used to sleep for half of the night and then pray for one third of the night and again sleep for its sixth part and used to fast on alternate days."

Prophet David (PBUH) used to do the same thing sleep for the 5th part of the night.

thats the practice but wheather you get more reward by staying up till fajr or sleeping i cant find evidence for that i shared what i know maybe someone more knowledgable can share his/her knowledge

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
if that is what the hadith means.........sleep after tahajjud.........then that's what i want to know since it say

"THE MOST BELOVED PRAYER........."

that's what i want to ensure....

anybody else to back my theory:)
and akhi jazakallah khiara again!!!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

well sis, Tahajjud has many great virtous and from what i know its bes to perform tahajjud in the third part of the night

"Lo! Those who keep from evil will dwell amid gardens and watersprings, taking that which their Lord gives them. For, lo, they were doers of good. They used to sleep but little of the night and before the dawning of each day would seek forgiveness.'' (Adh-Dhariyat:15-18)

i found the verse form this fatwa

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...h-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544728

I would recommend you avoid islamonline at all costs. Their fatawas are issued by people like Yusuf Qardawi, who we should avoid as they have deviation in their ideas and methodology.

We have a good fatwa database in Islam QA. we should use it Insha'Allah.

Wasalaamalaykum

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

I would recommend you avoid islamonline at all costs. Their fatawas are issued by people like Yusuf Qardawi, who we should avoid as they have deviation in their ideas and methodology.

We have a good fatwa database in Islam QA. we should use it Insha'Allah.

Wasalaamalaykum

i know brother, :) as i stated i obtained the reference of the verse from this fatwa, i didn't want people to think im so knowledgable when im not.
:wasalam: