Extramarital affairs

anna

:salam2:

If you had to convince someone not to indulge in extramarital affairs and flings, how would you go about doing it?

I need references from Quran and Hadith pertinent to this issue.

I really need to convince someone who is very dear to me to stay away from it. The man concerned is so acccomplished,infact I think he is a jewel,I dont want to bore you with his story,just that it really pains me to see him do this,its as if he becomes morally imbecile when it comes to this.

I would be really grateful if someone could help me out with this.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
1. “Impure women are for impure men and impure men are for impure women. Pure women are for pure men and pure men are for pure women.” (Quran, 24:26)

2. “And come not near to unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a faahishah (a great sin) and an evil way.” (Sura Al-Israa’ # 17 ayah # 32

3. “whenever two strangers of the opposite gender are alone with each other, Satan becomes the third one between them.” (At-Tirmidhi)”

4. Allah says to lower the gaze.

if ur friend is married, its more wrong. doesnt he feel bad that his wife is preparing food for him @ home while he is here with someone else?

ask him how he'll feel:

a. if his wife come to know about it?
b. if his wife too has an affair with someone?
c. if his children will come to know of it?
d. if he passes away while being with that woman. will he say that at the last moment of his life he was hugging his female friend?

tell him about thanking Allah for His blessings by obeying Him and fear Him in this matter.let him know the pleasures in Jannah and the pain in Fire. may Allah help ur friend in being a good muslim. Ameen

anna

Thanks for the reply ahmed_indian.

His wife knows,but I dont know why for some reason,has decided to keep quiet about it.
What if someone counters you by saying that they are simply incapable of loving their wife,and they dnt want to call it off because of the children,then what would you tell them? That they cant stand her temper. do you think such people should go for a second marriage?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
His wife knows,but I dont know why for some reason,has decided to keep quiet about it.
What if someone counters you by saying that they are simply incapable of loving their wife,and they dnt want to call it off because of the children,then what would you tell them? That they cant stand her temper. do you think such people should go for a second marriage?

his wife is quiet maybe bcoz she dont want that he leave her. it could be due to her love or social/financial reasons. may Allah help her.

can ur friend on Day of judgment tell to Allah that he had physical/social relations with other woman bcoz he was incapable to love his wife or cant stand her temper? does he really think that Allah will accept this excuse?

second marriage? sorry, i cant speak on this. better they both sit down together and study Islamic rights over each other. if possible, bring a third party as well like their wise relative or imam.