fajar prayer

salam alaykum

what time does that prayer end?....i mean if theres a bit light but u cant c the sun does that mean the time for that prayer is over?......

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Fatwa 2183 IQA

Praise be to Allaah.

Praying it at the beginning of its time is preferable, but praying it at the time you mention is OK and is still within the right time. It is not permissible to delay it until the sun becomes yellow, because of the saheeh hadeeth narrated by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you pray Fajr, its time is until the first horn of the sun appears (i.e., until it begins to appear over the horizon). When you pray Zuhr, its time is until ‘Asr comes. When you pray ‘Asr, its time is until the sun becomes yellow. When you pray Maghrib, its time is until the reddish glow disappears. When you pray ‘Isha’, its time is until midnight.” (Saheeh Muslim, 5/109; Fatawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 6/121)
Al-‘Ala’ ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan said: we entered upon Anas ibn Maalik after Zuhr and he got up and prayed ‘Asr. When he had finished his prayer, we mentioned praying too fast, or he mentioned it. He said, “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘That is the prayer of the hypocrites, that is the prayer of the hypocrites, that is the prayer of the hypocrites. One of them will sit until the sun turns yellow, and is between the horns of the Shaytaan, or on the horns of the Shaytaan, then he will get up and peck out four (rak’ahs), in which he does not remember Allaah except a little.’” (Reported by Abu Dawood, 350). And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Salam Amirah80

alslamo alaikom

the prayer at the time u said is ok but praying it at once is better but if u missed the right time of it u can pray at this time before the sun becomes yellow
may allah bless u

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
salam alaykum

what time does that prayer end?....i mean if theres a bit light but u cant c the sun does that mean the time for that prayer is over?......

Dear brother,

the light you are talking about but no sun is the time for Fajer salat
once the sunrise, the salat is over

the time for fajer prayer is about one hour and a half,
if prayer is 5 in the morning, it would last one and a half, means it would end at about 6:30 which sunrise time (shuruk)
i bet you know that at sunrising time, it is forbidden to do any pray ( except for sunnat wudua prayer or entering masjid prayer, wa ALLAH a'alam) and you not allowed to do fajer prayer as qadha in that time , you waite after sunrising about twenty mintues you can go a head for fajer prayer as qadha.

may ALLAH swt ,make us amoung those whom He said: "And those who guard their Salât (prayers) well" ameen

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
salam alaykum

:salam2:

there are several sites like islamicity.com that have prayer times schedules on it.

it will have

1. fajr
2. the time of shurook ( which is the time that fajr expires )
3. dhuhr
4. asr
5. maghrib
6. isha

all you really have to do is put in your zip code or city, state or country. but if you are here in the states, it's easier with zip code.
:wasalam: