fajar prayer

salam alaykum

i wanted to know how u will know when the time for fajar or morning prayer i finished??....i mean should u b able to c the sun or something?

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaykum as-salaam warahmatulaah,

You will know that the time for fajr has ended when you see the sun rising on the horizon. Once you see the sun rising, even if it is just a little bit, then the time has ended. This time (from the beginning of the rising until the whole sun has completely risen from the horizon and has gone up a little bit) is a forbidden time to pray, unless you are praying what it obligitory - if you woke up late for fajr and are praying it asap, then this is ok as it is obligitory and there this isn't an excuse to delay it any further.

I hope that helps, inshaa'Allaah.

Was-salaamu'alaykum.

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
Wa'alaykum as-salaam warahmatulaah,

This time (from the beginning of the rising until the whole sun has completely risen from the horizon and has gone up a little bit) is a forbidden time to pray, unless you are praying what it obligitory - if you woke up late for fajr and are praying it asap, then this is ok as it is obligitory and there this isn't an excuse to delay it any further.

I hope that helps, inshaa'Allaah.

Was-salaamu'alaykum.
brother can you pls provide an authentication for the part which I made red??.

Abdulhalim

Fajr Prayer

Jazakumullaho Khair...In addition to the brothers info, please note the Hadith below:

The Prophet (Sallallaho 'Alaihi Wasallam) said: The time for Fajr prayer is from the breaking of dawn, so long as the sun has not started to rise. narrated by Muslim, 612.

If you have futher inquiry, you may log on to www.islam-qa.com and search for whatever topic you want and will give the answer...