Family And Civilization... How Are They Connected???

afsa

Assalaamualikum :)
This is a nice read :ma:
Today the majority of people think about civilization with the wrong understanding. To them civilization refers to the advancement of society by the supremacy of all things material. This notion is incorrect. Civilization is understood as the level of moral value, the level of the behaviour of a person, both individual and collective. It upholds the level of rights, the level of human dignity and the level of value of humanity and this cannot be confused with material value.

What do we see today? We see the lack of concern for value. Families have become broken. This is what is happening generally... as in, all over the world regardless of faith. This is unique because we as muslims need to have a strong family.

Any nation or any group of people will be strong and develop a beautiful life according to the status of their family and this is why Islam recognizes (by the will of Allah) that the foremost requirement to run one's life is to first develop the family.

A family in the basic sense consists of a man and a woman, the husband and wife.
Each one has his/her rules and regulations. Each one has his/her duties and obligations...
But, if we have lost the complete obedience to Allah (swt) and the submission to Allah (s.w.t) we have lost our family.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:wasalam:

JazakAllahi khayran for the article.We were discussing this very topic in another thread by brother Sachin on western civilisation.The article that you posted makes a lot of sense.
Just a few days back I was having a discussion with my parents about what life was like when there were no televisions,psp,nintendo etc and how people would spend their time.All of us arrived at a conclusion,that the times they were much more serene and peaceful back then.
Nowadays so many things have filled our lives that we neglect the basic right of human individual,kith,kins that we owe to them Islamically and our rights as well as that of other creatures (plants,animals).The barakah in time has decreased.
The virtual world has invaded the real world ,television is like a stranger in our homes,who gets all of the attention which could otherwise have been utilised in better things.The border between the real world and virtual world is thinner than ever and we are dwelling on the brink of mass schizophrenia,which is taking over our lives.
Isolated,deluded we are now in a world where it's hard to differentiate between real and imaginary.
Unless we break free from these shackles,using Qur'an as our imam it would be very difficult to survive with a sound mind in this world.

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-

Sister, Very Nice Topic!... In order to form a successful family, one needs the Blessings of ALLAH... and in order to get the Blessings of ALLAH.. One has to go closer to ALLAH by Praying and making Du'a... I think people have forgotten the fact that there is something called "Death." They are living in this world as though they are gonna live forever....Absolutely Not gonna happen!!... If we remember our death and remember that ALLAH is Watching us ALL THE TIME.... we would refrain from the sinful acts... and when We refrain from the sinful acts... we start doing good deeds.. and when we start doing good deeds... we go close to ALLAH.. and, indeed, ALLAH Loves good Deeds... and when we go close to ALLAH... then ALLAH will help us in our worldly matters such as family matters and will Reward us in the Hereafter...

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-

JazakAllahi khayran for the article.We were discussing this very topic in another thread by brother Sachin on western civilisation.The article that you posted makes a lot of sense.
Just a few days back I was having a discussion with my parents about what life was like when there were no televisions,psp,nintendo etc and how people would spend their time.All of us arrived at a conclusion,that the times they were much more serene and peaceful back then.
Nowadays so many things have filled our lives that we neglect the basic right of human individual,kith,kins that we owe to them Islamically and our rights as well as that of other creatures (plants,animals).The barakah in time has decreased.
The virtual world has invaded the real world ,television is like a stranger in our homes,who gets all of the attention which could otherwise have been utilised in better things.The border between the real world and virtual world is thinner than ever and we are dwelling on the brink of mass schizophrenia,which is taking over our lives.
Isolated,deluded we are now in a world where it's hard to differentiate between real and imaginary.
Unless we break free from these shackles,using Qur'an as our imam it would be very difficult to survive with a sound mind in this world.

I agree, Brother...

afsa

Yes very true... The thing is since we have so many distractions around us like u pointed out, We've actually forgotten how to be civil and kind to each other. Especially our family members. We take it for granted that they are always with us thereby forgetting how to love and live.. Manners are something that is definitely lacking in the Ummah nowdays..

afsa

Wa Iyya Kum :) What you say is very true brother... The thing is since we have so many distractions around us like u pointed out, We've actually forgotten how to be civil and kind to each other. Especially our family members. We take it for granted that they are always with us thereby forgetting how to love and live.. Manners are something that is definitely lacking in the Ummah nowdays..

afsa

Sister, Very Nice Topic!... In order to form a successful family, one needs the Blessings of ALLAH... and in order to get the Blessings of ALLAH.. One has to go closer to ALLAH by Praying and making Du'a... I think people have forgotten the fact that there is something called "Death." They are living in this world as though they are gonna live forever....Absolutely Not gonna happen!!... If we remember our death and remember that ALLAH is Watching us ALL THE TIME.... we would refrain from the sinful acts... and when We refrain from the sinful acts... we start doing good deeds.. and when we start doing good deeds... we go close to ALLAH.. and, indeed, ALLAH Loves good Deeds... and when we go close to ALLAH... then ALLAH will help us in our worldly matters such as family matters and will Reward us in the Hereafter...

Jazakallah Khair :) May Allah make us among those who are close to him.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

This is something I have talked about before in other forums, about how the erosion of the family has partially led to the degradation of society as a whole. I have several theories on this, and can go into them when I have more time.