Fast on 'Arafah Day': get 2 years sins forgiven

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

Messenger of Allaah :saw2: was asked about fasting on the Day of ‘Arafaah. He said, “It expiates for the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.” (Muslim)

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no day on which Allaah frees more people from the Fire than the Day of ‘Arafaah. He comes close and expresses His pride to the angels, saying, ‘What do these people want?’”

a. Allaah took the covenant from the progeny of Adam.

b. It is the day on which the religion was perfected and Allaah’s Favour was completed

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/7284

Hana Askar

Asalaamu Alykum Brother

i was planning to post a thread regarding fasting on the day of Arafah but you beat me :D Insha'Allah every able Muslim will fast on this day :)
Spread the msg brothers and sisters.

Wa salaam Alykum
:SMILY139:

misbah ul haya

thnx for reminding.....inshAllah we'll fast on arafah day but a confusion was created by sumbody that we have to fast on 9th of saudia.....basically imam shafi says that all muslims must fast on one day but others say that everybody should fast with his location's date.anybody know what is answer?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Asalaamu Alykum Brother
i was planning to post a thread regarding fasting on the day of Arafah but you beat me :D

:wasalam:,

sorry sister:). i did not know about ur intention.:D but dont worry, Allah will reward you as you had a good intention. u can post urs in Islamic Discussion, i promise i wont post there. :SMILY139:

a confusion was created by sumbody that we have to fast on 9th of saudia.....basically imam shafi says that all muslims must fast on one day but others say that everybody should fast with his location's date.anybody know what is answer?

extremely good question:) maybe this could help you:

http://www.allaahuakbar.net/ramadhaan/moon_sighting.htm

bemuslim

The day Arafah will be on thursday 26 nvember 2009.Whoever is unable to fast this day feed the fasting persons even with a sip of water or milk or some dates.Women may delegate somene to take dates to mosque or just prepare a delecious meal for u guests or u family to break the fastng .

hana*

you beat me too it, i was going to post that today lol! i guess if youre not fast youre last.

sarmadn

Assalamualaikum! InshaAllah you all are well. I had a question brothers and sisters. Can someone please confirm the contents of this page: http://www.deenislam.co.uk/dua/Dhul_hijjah_ibadah.htm
There are many statements on that page without references. Things like "For each and every day you devote to fasting [during the 10 days of this month], you will be credited with the freeing of a hundred slaves , with a hundred she-camels for you to guide in caravan, and with a hundred mares for you to ride in fighting for the cause of Allah. " I just wanted to confirm these claims before forwarding it to others inshaAllah.
JazakumAllahuKhayran!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Who want to miss out on this day? We all need this, mashallah. I am definitely fasting on this day inshallah!:hijabi:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Assalamualaikum! InshaAllah you all are well. I had a question brothers and sisters. Can someone please confirm the contents of this page: http://www.deenislam.co.uk/dua/Dhul_hijjah_ibadah.htm
There are many statements on that page without references. " I just wanted to confirm these claims before forwarding it to others inshaAllah.
JazakumAllahuKhayran!

yes...better to avoid passing on to others. because as u said, there are no references. we dont know whether its frm hadith or only sayings of others.

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Assalam Alaikam brothers and sisters. I havn't been able to get on here for a while but I have just been reading posts about Eid Adha as I do not know much about it. I did not realise I should have fasted. Can't believe it, Im really sad I did not do it :( Insha'allah next year i will do. Eid Mubarak to everyone!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Assalam Alaikam brothers and sisters. I havn't been able to get on here for a while but I have just been reading posts about Eid Adha as I do not know much about it. I did not realise I should have fasted. Can't believe it, Im really sad I did not do it :( Insha'allah next year i will do. Eid Mubarak to everyone!

Allah will reward you for feeling sad not have fasted. He is Most Merciful. inshallah keep it next year!