Fasting on ayyaam al-beed [Tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday]

Ershad

Assalamu Alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Brothers and sisters,

Jaabeer ibn ‘Abdullaah (radiAllaahu ‘anhu) narrated that the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Fasting three days of each month is fasting for a lifetime, and ayyaam al-beed are the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth.” (Narrated by al-Nasaa’i (2420); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, (1040)).

“Beed” is the plural of “Abyad” which means white. Three days of 13, 14 and 15 of lunar month are called “Al-Ayyaam-ul-Beed” for the reason that their nights are bright because of the moonlight. The moon begins to diminish gradually after these days.

Abu Dharr (radiAllaahu ‘anhu) said: The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said to me: “If you fast any part of the month, then fast the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, (761); al-Nasaa’i, (2424); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, (1038)).

Abu Hurayrah (radiAllaahu ‘anhu) said: “My close friend [i.e., the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)] advised me to do three things which I will never give up until I die: fasting three days each month, praying Duha, and sleeping after praying Witr.” (al-Bukhaari, 1178; Muslim, 721).

The Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘Shall I not tell you of something that will take away the evil of the heart? Fasting three days of each month.’ (an-Nisaa’i 2/2386)

The Ayyaam al-beed days this month are Friday 4th May [13-06-1433H] , Saturday 5th May [14 -06-1433H] and Sunday 6th May [15-06-1433H].

This is a chance to increase your rewards, and good deeds and get nearness to Allaah, the Almighty.

Baarakallahu feekum

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

JazaakAllaahu khayraa. A timely reminder. May Allaah accept our good deeds and purify our intentions.