fathers stop making things too difficult

steelieboy

Alhumdulilah we've all been guided to the truth...Al Islam.

One thing perplexes me though. Why so many difficulties involving relationships? why so many divorces and unmarried people? I live in the U.S where the kafirs date, marry and cohabit with each other in all kind of ways. The Muslims on the other hand who are trying to earn Allah's pleasure make things difficult for ourselves by not following sunnah. I have been Muslim for 7 years now and have never received any assistance on getting married even though people know I am single. There are many brothers and sisters in my position.
I remember once asking a brother from Ethiopia 'what do you think of my character?'
he replied 'You're a good brother!' and he would always check on me and we would talk about the deen.
When I asked him about marrying his daughter, his face turned to rage as though I insulted him. " She's only 21, she's still in college, look for a wife at an African American Masjid, Learn about Islam'
Subhan Allah, this coming from a brother who would invite me to his house and said that my character was good.
On another occation I traveled out of state to meet a sister with the intention of marriage. Her father called the Imam of my masjid to find out about me and received a satisfactory report. He said that his daughter of 17 needed to be married,because of her strong desires.
After meeting the brother and his family, he told me that he would contact me soon with his decision.
I waited for word from him which never came, because as I found out from others in their community, his 17 year old daughter became pregant for a Kaffir who insisted on her having an abortion. She refused and is now raising the child on her own.
How in the world can there be success for this Ummah when we blatently reject sunnah.
Didn't the Prophet S.A.W say 'Oh young people, those among you who are able must enter into marriage...'
Didn't the Propher S.A.W say 'If a man with who's religion and character satisfies you wants to marry your daughter, then marry her to him, because if you don't there will be fitna in the land.'

How much fitnah are we experienceing today?
When will vices like nationalism, racism and tribalism get played out?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It is not only the fathers. There is a lot of tribalism in Islam. I can not find other words.

There are Muslim websites.

On some websites, I find it funny because the 80 year old men want to marry 18 year olds.

There is preoccupation with worldy matters such as status and money. Good character is perfect, and left in the sacred texts.

Do not give up hope. Insha'Allah will send you a pious and wonderful wife.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

may Allaah make things easy for you. There is someone, somewhere made just for you. patience is indeed a virtue. hang in there and Allaah will come to the rescue...remember to make dua and to put your outmost trust in Allaah. He'll NEVER EVER let you down =)

steelieboy

Jazzakalu Khairan

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It makes me feel good and proud when we support each other.

a_stranger

:salam2:

It is because of ignorance of some muslems they don`t know the importance of making marriage easy when a man is of good characther ...this is against the teachings of Islam. May Allah sobhanahu wa taala give us more knoweldge in Islam this will make our life more easy.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
When will vices like nationalism, racism and tribalism get played out?

What Muslim Ummah you are talking about ?? that existed only during the time of holy Prophet . what is left is nationalism,racism, ethnicity and tribalism. Here people decide on the basis of these things whether to give you daughter or not. Their daughters must be dating non Muslims thats OK but they are never going to marry them to some Muslims because they are not from their race. even if they give u daughter, they give you 500 page rules and regulations to follow :lol: they dont see deen , they see only race, bank balance and whether he lives alone or not. Man i really dont toss this term Called Muslim Ummah because there no such thing :lol:. be content man we are also on the same ship as you are .feel disappointed everyday but then think that this is not Islam that our prophet preached neither that Quran says. so we have to stick to the quran and sunnah and dont look at todays Muslims and be patient inshAllah :D
:wasalam:

Sallam

don't worry brother you are not the only one who is experience that a kind of situation, also here in our area.. insa ALLAH you will find the right lady for you, a god fearing and else..:astag:

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge

exactly this is so true, i dont understand how can we muslims put forward nationalism before islam i realy dont get it at all this is insane thats what i think when ever i see a father refusing because of cast or country even if the brother is the most pious in town this is actually the most irritating factor
:angryblue: its simple we all are muslim why dont they get it there is no racism in Islam

may Allah rectify the condition of the ummah ameen

wasalam