Favorite Imam

Mohammad Toseef

Salam to all
Just out of curiousity and interest i wanted to inquire the favorite imam or reciter of the Quran of the members of TTI

My favorites are Imam Shuraim, Sudais and Mishary Rashid (i just heard Mishary's recitation yesterday i have started to love it....:ma: he is very good Allhumdulillah

it gives such a pleasure to listen to someone reciting the Quran in beautiful voice
Wassalam

Younus

:salam2:

I like the recitation of Qari 'Abdul Basit. He is no more. But his recitations are still alive and being sold out in plenty in the markets, mashaaAllah.

Qari 'Abdul Basit's recitation is much known for his tarteel in his recitation of The Qur'an, the slow pace and patience with which he used to recite The Qur'an, and the beautiful and pleasant voice with which he used to recite The Qur'an.

Allah knows best.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

I like listening to Sheikh Abdurahman Sudais and Sheikh Rashid Mishary. However, I prefer listening to the former when I'm memorising Quran.

Karema

My favorite quran recitor is shika ahmed bin alajmai, fahd al kundari, imam al shatary,alfasy,mohamed jibril
I love imam mohamed jibril's quran completion duaa it's the most beautiful voice ever mashallah!

dna1987

Muslim Guy

My favourite reciter is Mr Mushari Alafasy; he's the man!

Surah 92 (Lail - Night) by Mushari is my most favourite recitation of any surah by any reciter.. (at the moment).

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

In my humble and unqualified opinion...in terms of Tajwed (& learning from it) Shaykh Hudaifi rocks [I might get banned, admonished because of wrong choice of words!]

Jazakullah Khairun

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum, Mine is as follows:

Shaykh UbaidAllah Al Afghani - Hes almost 80 years old and is Imam of Masjid Umar ibn Khattab, Madinah. 5 Reasons why I love him:

1- Isnaad to the Prophet :saw: in all the Quran recitation styles.

2- Knowledge of the Tafsir of Quran

3- Person of the Sunnah

4- Recites really nice

5- Hes really cool and friendly

Then after him, Shaykh Huzayfee in Madinah, he too has Isnaad going back to the Prophet :saw: :) and he is very knowledgeable.

Then purely on voice, I like Shaykh Ashuraym, Sudais, Muhaisini, Shatiree, Ajami, Ziftawi (not on web, he is Imam of Masjid Shaykh Abdul Aziz ibn Baz in Ta'if) Mashari Rashid , all Quran reciters :) I like listen to all the Quran alhamdulillah.

We should be reading too, Get off this website and go read Quran!! If you already have, then listen to the Quran MP3s and watch the Quran videos.

Wasalam.

ShaheedU

Extinct
My favourite recitor is Ibrahim Jibreen.

i dont think hes that well known, but he is absolutely great, or maybe its just my ears.

check him out on islamway.com.