Fear - Help!

A muslim girl

assalamualaikum to readers,

recently I've had this terrible feeling of fear in my heart. It started when i watched a horror movie, but that was many months ago and it had gone. But now its back, and i hadn't watched anything

Its like a weird sensation in my stomach, and i start to sweat and get all hot, and get really scared. It usually happens in the evening/night when I want to go to sleep.

Ive tried everything, reading Duas, telling myself that its only Shaitan trying to scare me, but it comes back again.
I dont know what to do, its affecting me in every way

Any suggestions/experiences will be very welcome

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
wa aleykum salam wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

I think i understand how you feel sister, it happens with me sometimes, my mind can not stop speeking or imagining things instead of sleeping, it can be that we are very sensitive at everything around us.

Sister, try to relax and belive that nothing will happen except with Allah`s will.
He loves you and is closer to us more then anything on this world.
Also, try keep a small light on during the night or go sleep while listening Quran, listening news or anything, like documentaries on tv or laptop...inshallah will distract your emotions.

Be safe.
Salam

Peony Weed

Sister, try to relax and belive that nothing will happen except with Allah`s will.
He loves you and is closer to us more then anything on this world.
Also, try keep a small light on during the night or go sleep while listening Quran, listening news or anything, like documentaries on tv or laptop...inshallah will distract your emotions.

Be safe.
Salam

:wasalam:

to add some routine that helps me...

*Before going to sleep, take ablution + read the last 3 surah in Quran + ayatul Kursi (plus the understanding the meaning of those surah, they're short so it's easier)

*I would recite "Allahuakhbar", "Laa ilaha illallah" "Astaghfirullah" with highest believe that there's nothing more powerful and deserved to be fear of than Allah and that they cannot harm you if Allah would have not allow it. (especially if you have those uneasy feelings or woken up by nightmare)

*try to recall your daily routine that could have enhanced those feeling and improve your quality in routine like your salah, how you enter the house etc.

I also heard the Ruqyah method, by reciting certain Quranic versus...you can get the more detail on internet.

sultanb

:wasalam:

One time I watched a scary movie in a crowded theater, and this one scene where one of the character was murdered, I don't know why, I screamed out loud. The thing is, I was the only one screaming. Soon after, a guy somewhere in the theater started laughing at me. Anyway, that didn't have anything to do with your post, but I felt like sharing haha.

On a relevant note, I watched The Ring (Japanese version), and I had this moment late at night where I was half awake but couldn't move. I was aware of the room and remembered the movie, I was in a state of extreme fear. I tried to fight it by trying to wake up, but it made me feel worse. Horrifying experience.

InshaAllah it will come to pass for you sister.

Ahsen

Movies are condensed with covert hypnotic message to influence the viewer. You might think you are still the same person after watching the movies but your subconscious has been changed. So please stay away from such kind of "entertainment".

A muslim girl

all of you who replied..thank you! i feel much better now and i learned that talking to a loved one (my mother in this case) really helps. And yes, i'll stay away from any of these kinds of media in the future! :shymuslima1: (thanks again!)