Feel awful

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!
:salam2:

So... after a very long job search I found a job. It would be the perfect job if it didn't require a 2 hour commute every day. I can't drive so my parents would need to give me a lift to the train station every morning at 6.45. Understandably, they are not too happy about this and so I've said I'll re-locate to the city my job is in. But I haven't had any support in this either. They haven't shown any interest in the job, or my plans or anything. I'm just left to my own devices. No one has even said congratulations.

I prayed so hard for this job. I wanted it so badly. Yet my parents seem to prefer that I get some dead-end job in this little town and waste all those years of them pushing me to be the best in my field, all those years of late night studying and all that cost incurred for my studies.

The salary is good, I would be able to contribute to the household expenses (which is something the parents were constantly complaining about before). I guess I feel like I'm in a no-win situation. I don't know what will ever please them and I'm tired, so tired and confused.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum

dear sister, what i would like to tell you is that we should understand that our parents are human beeings, just like us, with qualitis and defects, i know as their child, we expect them to act perfectly but be patient inchallah, parents always desire the best for us even if they dont say in words.

to take your own decisions does not mean something wrong or bad, it is normal as young adult to start taking decisions, after you measure and put all in balance.
Pray and ask for guidance from Allah that is the Best Planner and if your parents are against something, have a echilibrated discussion with them and always be between the limits of islam, inchallah.
You are healthy, you founded the job for what you prayed, you have your parents with you, what is most important is that you are muslimah,alhamdullilah, these are blessings.

may Allah guide you to what brings His mercy.

strive-may-i

So... after a very long job search I found a job. It would be the perfect job if it didn't require a 2 hour commute every day. I can't drive so my parents would need to give me a lift to the train station every morning at 6.45. Understandably, they are not too happy about this and so I've said I'll re-locate to the city my job is in. But I haven't had any support in this either. They haven't shown any interest in the job, or my plans or anything. I'm just left to my own devices. No one has even said congratulations.

I prayed so hard for this job. I wanted it so badly. Yet my parents seem to prefer that I get some dead-end job in this little town and waste all those years of them pushing me to be the best in my field, all those years of late night studying and all that cost incurred for my studies.

The salary is good, I would be able to contribute to the household expenses (which is something the parents were constantly complaining about before). I guess I feel like I'm in a no-win situation. I don't know what will ever please them and I'm tired, so tired and confused.

:wasalam:

Parents wish the grown up child (son/daughter) to be in their midst, its tough for them ,so give some credit discounts please :)

Some times to win big, you have to sacrifice a smaller one! What are the other con's of doing job far away from home? Are they content with the less you would get. If you earn less, would your family's financial shape deteriorate? Would it help if you learnt driving?

Did you struggle hard, with only motive that you will earn and recompense the finance, pleasing them thus? :) if so Sister, I wont say you were wrong. But maybe they are happier with their child in their midst!

And lastly, if you are best in your field, then it will come to you, you need not go far... Turn to Almighty Allah, ask sincerely, he will show you a better way, Insha-allah!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

It will all work out. Four hours is a lot on the body on a daily basis. As the brother stated put your trust in Allah.

ripefig

From a parent's prospective I can tell you it is not easy, and you will see that when you have kids of your own Insha Allah. I have 2 kids in college and when the bill comes it makes my stomach turn, then I have to take one back to campus almost every week which is a long commute. I do complain, however, if he takes the train and bus, I am still worried if he is safe. Sometimes parents are worried but does not express it to put extra burden on the child. If they do not jump for joy, it does not mean that they love you less, they might be concerned about your well being, but does not want to burden you with their concerns, it is now your job to work hard and suceed and give them some sort of comfort. Make Dua for your parents, be kind to them and Insha Allah everything will fall into place.