Feel left out....

dianek

Sitting here in my office and the other support team members are chit chatting about wine tastings and what wine goes best with which foods....various wineries they have visited....It is hard, but honestly, I do miss that stuff.........and I want to tell them to be quiet!!!!!!

Sonia88

ignore them they chat crap, you know nothing good can come outa haraam stuff... lol how lucky are you just log in a TTI wen ur colleagues tlk crap, lol thats good, you can have a better convo and catch up on relevant things 2.

dianek

ignore them they chat crap, you know nothing good can come outa haraam stuff... lol how lucky are you just log in a TTI wen ur colleagues tlk crap, lol thats good, you can have a better convo and catch up on relevant things 2.

yeah, but the bad part is I am a tad jealous of them.....so bad I know!!!!! Working on that Deen though....all I can do!!!

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
MashALLAH that's great!
Sisiter Diane did u revert?
May Allah give u all the hapiness in the world and hereafter!

Sonia88

Think about what there is to exactly to be jealous of?? Nout really your better off not drinking alcohol arent ya.

dianek

salam when did you become Muslim ? i though were just searching?

I have not YET reverted....BUT, because of my husband I have been without the taste of wine for a while, and it is a struggle....but just because I am not yet a revert does it mean that I can't work on my "deen" or my morality? Hang in there everyone, I am coming around!

duca888

That is funny sister. The same thing is going on in my office today.

If you are practicing the deen as you say you are I am confident that if a glass of wine was placed in front of you, you would not want to drink it.

I just went through the same ordeal. In the back of my mind I was remembering how much I loved wine with my evening meal. Yet at the same time I rememered how proud I am that I was able to quit that haram. Even more so, I am proud that, despite all of the pressure around me, I am able to ignore everyone and continue living the way Allah told us to do.

Just remember, shaytan is with us at all times and he is testing us.

If you are too shy to say anything to your coworkers, try changing the subject. I'm sure they wont even notice

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
That's awsome.
you want to learn about islam and Allah will guide you inshALLAH(if ALLAH wills)!!
i m really happy to see you around this website asking questions and trust me Allah will reward you for even trying!

dianek

That is funny sister. The same thing is going on in my office today.

If you are practicing the deen as you say you are I am confident that if a glass of wine was placed in front of you, you would not want to drink it.

I just went through the same ordeal. In the back of my mind I was remembering how much I loved wine with my evening meal. Yet at the same time I rememered how proud I am that I was able to quit that haram. Even more so, I am proud that, despite all of the pressure around me, I am able to ignore everyone and continue living the way Allah told us to do.

Just remember, shaytan is with us at all times and he is testing us.

If you are too shy to say anything to your coworkers, try changing the subject. I'm sure they wont even notice

It's the weekend and that is what most do.....and it is tough to think that all I am going to do is go and pick up my crew of brats ;) and then just go home and cook and clean as every night and do the same tomorrow and the next day with nothing that excites me. I guess some would say that my children should be exciting and they are....but I am burnt out and Merlot sounds awesome right now.....UGH!!!!! God help ME!

dianek

AH, never heard of them....hey is non-alcoholic beer and pain killer haram? I could get the taste of the brew with the effects from meds.......I am terrible and I am saying all in jest!!!!

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
ribena and etc drinks are popular in england that's y u probably never heard of em. My cousins came from england and couldnt live with out ribena lol.
Non alcoholic beer as in root beer is allowed in islam. Pain killer are allowed as well. i take tylenol everytime i get headaches which are usual now lol!

dianek

I mean as in non-alcoholic BEER.....O'Douls, etc?
And by pain killers I mean Percocet, oxycodone, Vicatin? Mind altering meds.....

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
Medison even if it contains some alcohol is fine. Because medison is there to help not to cause "own destruction". that's y
u know that's y suiside in islam is haram aswell.
basically alcohol is causing "self destruction" thats y its haram.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

In an earlier post I responded to you and stated something to the effect you will find yourself seeking the company of Muslim women as you become more comfortable with Islam. You just have to be creative and find a new way to chill.
Also, Muslim women enjoy spending time with their children. It is considered an honor and a major responisbility. So we tend to create activities that include the children. The foucs is the family..with hubby going out as needed. It is a choice for women. I do not know many Muslim women who need to have a " girls night out" we are kinda of, sorta boring and spend time with our little treasures.
Good luck.