Finally Got It Right!

bintlee2000

As salaamu alakium irrahmatualahi wa barkatuhu
My sory is long , but I"ll do the short version insha allah. in1966 , when I was 18 years old, I met this man who talked a little bit about Allah, He taught me a few things about going to the bathroom using your left hand to wipe , blow your nose with your left hand , and eat with your right hand. I heard what he said ,but it never clicked, I had a crush on him. Since, I came from a strong christain back ground, I always believed in God. I stayed in church almost all day Sunday as a child and my mother always told me about God, wheather she know it or not , she was telling me about some of Allah attributes, like He hears everything and knows everything and sees everything. pray to Him when you need something and don't do things in life that is stink under His nose. Those values stuck with me forever. Later , as an young women times had changed, The vietnam wars, civil rights movement, Black pride , Hippie movement.etc, I was caught right up in them all. My mind was opened then to new ideas and I never forgot God though, then oneday as I was walking down the street talking to a artist , I mentioned Jesus Christ, and the man said to me , You mean God don't you? Just then , I said yea , yea, that's right God. It was as though I forgot about God and only remembered Jesus. A light went off in my head ,and He told me that Allah was God's name, that conversation open a whole new door for me. with in the next two years I wanted to dress like this muslim women I met in East St, louis, Mo. She was the first women I ever saw dressed in long clothes and covered her head. I couldn't stop starring at her, She looked so beautiful to me all covered up, I'll never forget her name , It was Aisha, from New york . Later; I wanted to be covered , I started wearing African long dresses and wearing a turban on my head. I stood out like a sore thumb. I wanted to be Muslim , I didn't know anything about Prophet Muhammad sal allahu alayhe wa sallam or the tenets or how to go about it. I later moved to the city and saw people from the Nation of Islam , how they were. I joined them , thinking I was muslim . but they weren't right either , after 10 years I left them. Still thinking I'm Muslim, I was soul searching , I married and had two children, I divorced my cheating Husband at that time . worked hard and moved to the country, Now I really didn't have any muslims around me. Five churches in the community, I was so jealous of them going and praising God in their own way. I even thought that maybe even if I go to church and don't pray to Jesus , just God I would satisfy me hunger for wanting God in my life. Alhumdu Allah after a year in the country, I marriage A friend of mine of eleven years , I still didn't know anything about true islam or the Phophet Muhammad sal allahu alayhe wa sallam He was so patient with me. He started giving me books and teaching me a little bit at a time. Oneday , My husband recieved a phone call from a strange brother , who was looking for islamic names in the local phone book. All the brothers in that county started meeting every friday at different brothers houses, and formed a jumat and rented a store front, begin , classes and dinners etc, I finally, met muslims and learned from them about islam , the tenets the sunnah etc. Allah had guided me to the straight path of this deen. It started at eighteen and my journey ended at thirty six years old. Alhumdu Allah , I'm so glad He chose me to be His slave. Alhumdu Allah, It all started with the thought of the oneness of allah Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu As salaamu alaikum your sister in this deen Bintlee2000

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Masha'Allah...You may find that the following verse is oft-reapeated in the Qur'aan

“He (Allah) guides those whom He Wills”

[2:142, 2:213; 2:272, 6:88, 10:25, 14:4, 16:93, 24:46, 28:56, 35:8, 39:23, 74:31].

And your story and search for the right path personifies it.

Welcome to a family of over 1.3 billion People.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2:

Alhamdullilah,finally I got to the end of your story sis.:laughing-dancing:

Jazzak-Allah khair for sharing,:ma: sis you have come to the straight and the right path.

May Allah(Swt) guide us all to the right path and protect us from all evil temptations.

WeLcOmE to the family & the website.

Allah(Swt) knows best.

:wasalam: :muslim_child:

Tamer

:salam2:

Masha' Allah! Welcome back sister to right path! And welcome here in TTI.

May Allah bless your family and you.

:wasalam:

Kayote

Assalam - u - Aliekum

Masha'Allah its good to read your story. Its never too late in the eyes of Allah. Sometimes, its amazing to believe HE will forgive this & that of our sins.

Remember, even though you found the true path, in a way, the journey is not over, for any of us, as we have to continue to strive to get closer to Allah, to please him, to show our appreciation.

Oh & welcome!!! :)

WaAliekum Assalam

acedoc

when will we know we have entered into Paradise for certain???

Assalam - u - Aliekum
Remember, even though you found the true path, in a way, the journey is not over, for any of us....................................
WaAliekum Assalam

Waslamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

On the same note a quote from Umar bin Khattab (ra) (parapharased here since i can NOT fidn exact quote right now)... I will not be assured of (entry into) Jannah (paradise) even if one my foot is in it (i.e. don't count your eggs until they are hatched). Our "journey" will be over when BOTH our feet are in Jannah.
Bi izn Allah Janant Al Firdaus. Ameen

Subhan Allah that is Imaan.

may Allah firm all of us on the Deen of Allah. Ameen

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Masha’allah…

Journey continues so let’s help each other on the way. Similar to backpacking when you are tired, exhausted even a kind word goes a long way towards encouraging you to keep going…