Finding Contentment after the Death of a Loved One

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Finding Contentment after the Death of a Loved One

*if copying please keep the source back to www.turntoislam.com website*

Hadith - Al-Muwatta 16.43

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that al-Qasim ibn Muhammad said, "One of my wives died and Muhammad ibn Kab al Quradhi came to console me about her.

He told me of one among the Bani Israil who was a diligent, worshipping, knowing and understanding man who had a wife that he admired and loved, and she died. He grieved over her intensely and lamented her until he withdrew into a house and locked himself in, hidden from everyone, and no-one visited him.
A woman heard about him and went to him, saying, 'I need him to give me an opinion. Nothing will satisfy me except what he says about it.'

Everyone went away, but she stuck to his door and said, 'I must see him.' Someone said to him, 'There is a woman who wishes to ask your opinion about something,' and she insisted, 'I will only talk to him about it.'

When everyone had gone away, and she still had not left his door, he said, 'Let her in.' So she went in and saw him and said, 'I have come to ask your opinion about something.' He said, 'What is it?'

She said, 'I borrowed a piece of jewellery from a neighbour of mine, and I have worn it and used it for a long time. Then they sent to me for it. Should I let them have it back?' He said, 'Yes, by Allah.' She said, 'I have had it for a long time.' He said, 'It is more correct for you to return it to them, since they have lent it to you for such a long time.'

She said, 'Yes. May Allah have mercy on you. Do you then grieve over what Allah has lent you and then taken from you, when He has a greater right to it than you?' Then he saw the situation he was in, and Allah helped him by her words."

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:ma:absolutely beautiful hadith. Life is not ours, it belongs to Allah. He gives life and only HE can take it away, subhanallah!! Jazakallahu Khairan!:hijabi:

Um Sumayyah

Subhaanallah

:salam2: Mashaa Allah for Allah Ta'ala has given us a situation of the past to reflect on in a situation that happens in the future.We must turn back to the Sunnah of the Rasool (saw) and learn from these examples
for the Prophet (saw0 is the perfect example to follow. Beautiful.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
:):salam2:

:ma: very sweet hadith. jazak Allahu khayar for sharing may Allah increase ur knowledge ameen:tti_sister:

:hijabi::wasalam:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Mashallah very beautiful hadith. The point is amazing Alhumdulilah. My father passed away last year and that was a difficult time for me. I looked at the situation various ways to cope with it. I knew it was Allah will and accepted that but this hadith shined a whole new light on things. Even thou I am passed it now it still benefits me.

Salam Amirah80

Adjazenab

Thank you very much for this hadith. I really appreciated. My beloved Mum passed away on 11 December 2008. May Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala accept her.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Thank you very much for this hadith. I really appreciated. My beloved Mum passed away on 11 December 2008. May Allah Subhanna wa Ta'ala accept her.

Assalamu alaykum sister,

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.....

Allah forgive her sins and bless her, and give her jannatul Firdaus !

Allah make us all the best children to our parents so that we benefit them in this world and in the akhirah. Allah make us the best parents so we can raise good righteous offspring. Allah make us from the best Muslims so that we never anger Him (the Most High) and we tread on the path of the light of Islam, that will gain His mercy and forgiveness. Amin