Finding the religious spouse

newlight99

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

"A man marries a woman for four reasons: for her property, for her rank, for her beauty, and for her religion (and character). So marry the one who is best in the religion and character and prosper".

( Marriage quotation from Bukhari and Muslim)

Brothers and Sisters, assalamu alaikum w r w b! I hope you guys are doing fine today as Allah azza wa jal always bless us with another day to live (alhamdulilah!). I just wanted to talk about finding a religious spouse more into detail since marriage is a hot issue in the ummah today (esp. in western societies).

In today's world, "So marry the one who is best in the religion and character and prosper", how would you guys categorize your potential spouse with these qualities, it seems pretty vague to me this hadith. In other words, who is religious and with character, in today's fast pace world?

Jazakallah khair!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

one who prefers Allah over His creatures. one who prefers Hereafter over this world.

one who loves to follow Quran and sunnah. one who makes salah, fast, Quran recitation, hijab not due to family pressure or social culture but out of taqwa of Allah.

character is part of faith. if she's pious, then she must have good characters like kindness, loving, patient, etc.

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
In chapter al-Noor verse 26 from the Quran Allah says;

الْخَبِيثَاتُ لِلْخَبِيثِينَ وَالْخَبِيثُونَ لِلْخَبِيثَاتِ ۖ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ لِلطَّيِّبِينَ وَالطَّيِّبُونَ لِلطَّيِّبَاتِ ۚ أُولَـٰئِكَ مُبَرَّءُونَ مِمَّا يَقُولُونَ ۖ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ

Translation :

"Bad statements are for bad people (or bad women for bad men) and bad people for bad statements (or bad men for bad women). Good statements are for good people (or good women for good men) and good people for good statements (or good men for good women): such (good people) are innocent of (every) bad statement which they say; for them is Forgiveness, and Rizqun Karim (generous provision i.e. Paradise)."

hana*

these people - of good character and high faith - are a few, but still exist in todays world despite being a handful perhaps..