*Fireworks*

Believer1985

Salam brothers and sisters,

Our local park holds a bonfire evening every November and my dad is very keen to attend these evenings as he enjoys fireworks. I like them too, but I have heard that fireworks are haram because "it is like throwing fire towards the heavens." That is a quote from my former Islamic teacher.

I understand WHY we celebrate November 5th but I do not believe the above quote yet because this teacher did not give any reference, so I'd appreciate it immensely if anyone could clear this up. Thank you.

Salam

al-muslimah

thats crazyyy sisss:eek:!!! don't think its haram..this is the first time i hear this thing in my whole life about firworks!! they are only having fun..
hate the way how ppl say everything is haram,when its nothing to do with haram!!!:SMILY26:

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
well i clicke post quick reply usually u get the thing posted and the thread opens up. This didnt happend i pressed it again and again lol and it ended up like this.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

Fireworks scare me they sound like gunshots always going off. I always plug up my ears good if I have to attend an event with really loud sounds.

:wasalam:

Believer1985

i didnt know what to make of it. since it came from an Islamic teacher, I believed it at the time, but people who do set off fireworks ARE just having fun and have no intention to "throw fire toward heaven".

I gota say, as pretty as they are, they are scary. they sound like bombs. and to think this is nothing compared to war-torn countries!

ps, just got back from the event. It was ok, esp the pretty hearts they thrw up <3