Foolish question but intelligent one

irfanshr

The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein, glorify Him and there is not a thing but glorifies His praise. But you understand not their glorification.

I was posed with a question does human excreta and other waste on earth glorify Allah. I was dumbfounded. Please help me answer this question with a befitting reply.

SonOfAdam

Staff member
This verse is talking about living things (animals, plants, humans, things that have actions, etc.) according to some translations. For example, even the disbelievers shadow will prostrate to Allah SWT in the morning and evening, some things such as thunder's noise glorifies Allah SWT, how trees and plants grow upward is a way they glorify Allah SWT, animals and plants praise and know about Allah SWT, so does the Earth and mountains they fear Allah SWT, and rocks fall from mountains from this fear of Allah SWT even. But something so impure and lifeless should not be looked at in such a way. Tell them that Allah knows best and to not bring God to such low levels and to ask such meaningless questions that do not benefit them or others- this is not from the Sunnah to ask such questions or to ponder about such topics that will eventually lead certain people away from Islam- they will keep asking such stupid questions and one day when they hear an answer they don't agree with will leave the religion because their hearts and minds will be closed off. Allah's knowledge is everywhere we know and all praise and thanks is due to Him, that is all they need to know and there is plenty other more important and meaningful questions to ask and ponder about- if they do in fact care to learn about the religion and Allah SWT. Allah SWT and these foul things do not belong in the same sentence brother. We must respect Allah SWT and only think of the best and most honorable things when we try to think of Allah SWT and His Magnificence. I am also dumbfounded.... and disgusted by this thought, it is disturbing to me how someone may even think this as it would not come to my mind- it is the last thing I would think of when reading this verse.

Islam has very spiritual aspects as you can see from what I wrote above too, but it also teaches us good manners and etiquette. This type of talk is very disrespectful and not befitting to Allah SWT. Allah knows best of his creation, he created it all and knows all the secrets and hidden things... again like the verse says, we don't know... so don't ask, it is futile to ask as we know we will never know.

Personally, I like to think how all matter is made out of Atoms with spinning electrons and neutrons is a way that all matters praises Allah SWT (similar to tawaf around the kaba- it is in the same direction), but that is just a thought of mine. Allah SWT knows best.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein, glorify Him and there is not a thing but glorifies His praise. But you understand not their glorification.

I was posed with a question does human excreta and other waste on earth glorify Allah. I was dumbfounded. Please help me answer this question with a befitting reply.

Salam aleykum,
Well the "waste" is a great, important proof that Allah swt in His wisdom, created such a perfect system inside us that we eliminate what our body doesn't use. This should make people ponder, why not, all is in connection with our Creator.