FOOTBALL & ISLAM

dawudabbasbhai

:salam2:
I have a friend who think that quitting football for salat is equivalent to be fanatic muslim, he thinks that for 4 times in a month is not a problem watching games, I told him that putting aside Allah for a game is scirk and scirk is the biggest sin.
What do u think about it?
:wasalam:

ali91

please tell our friend that he can watch football and pray salat. and if a person quits salat the prophet said that person is a non beliver

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

Welcome to the site,

I think he should watch the Muslim in Texas video! The brother prays during the football game. Ok its American football, but the principle still holds.

Its not Shirk. Its Kufr (minor disbelief) if he gives precedence to something above his prayers, whether it be school work, sports, exams, a movie etc

If he keeps doing it, then it could lead to greater kufr and Shirk. We seek refuge from this. And we should educate this brother. It only takes 5 mins to pray and save our selves from a great torment.

Wasalam.

Your brother in Islam, Mabsoot.

dawudabbasbhai

please tell our friend that he can watch football and pray salat. and if a person quits salat the prophet said that person is a non beliver
yes but my friend is not a muslim and making dawa to him that is crazy for football is for teaching him that salat for Allah is of greater importance that doesn't mean that a muslim cannot watch football games but first we have to give our worship to the Unique Creator, then we can even watch football without problem, isn't it?

ripefig

Football

One should definitely pray the Salaat football or not:astag: . In the time of the Prophet :saw: They use to pray on the battle feild in turns. If this does not answer the question, I don't think anything else will:) :wink: :wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalam.

If your friend is not a Muslim you should call him to Tawheed first... not prayer. That comes after the shahadah.

Wassalam.

Kayote

Assalam.

If your friend is not a Muslim you should call him to Tawheed first... not prayer. That comes after the shahadah.

Wassalam.

I totally agree with Samiha. You should learn about dawaa first before going over to non-muslims and inviting them. You are doing a dis-serivce by getting the priorities & principles not right.

WaAliekum Assalam

dawudabbasbhai

thanks for your answers now I want to tell u entirely from which came this problem.
I have a friend that is really fine person although he is a catholic and one time a week he comes to my house to watch games but this happens usually at 10.20 pm so when all the salaat times are been done.
Al hamdu lillah I have bought a dvd recorder with hard disk that give me the possibility to watch anything without being distracted during salaat times, just arguing with him that he is Torino fan, I told him (even without being already a muslim) he must not be slave of his team but he should have the choice to watch the best game of the week, then he said no I don't want to choose I only prefer watching Torino games so from that point I started a discussion.
One should have the choice of watching games without adore one only team because inside the heart of anyone should be tawheed, only them other things included football.
I thing this can be a nice way to show what is islam to him and what is not...
excuse me for long post but I wanted to get your thinking about it :wasalam:

Kayote

:ma: Its good to know you have the best of intentions at heart. Masha'Allah, you are trying your best & that is what matters to Allah Insha'Allah.

Im reading Muhammad by Martin Ling & one of the translations of Quran Aya says:

"Bear with patience what they say, & part from them with a courteous farewell (LXXIII, 10)

Remember, you have to the patient one. Let him have his say & instill in him a respect for you & your respect for his choice.

WaAliekum Assalam

khalique

it only takes a few minutes to do salat there is a major differance between kufr and belivers that is salat and a couple of more major differance.

dawudabbasbhai

it only takes a few minutes to do salat there is a major differance between kufr and belivers that is salat and a couple of more major differance.
:salah: yes sure al hamdu Lillah we are muslims but for making dawa we should be polite and like you suggest use better manner to help other people accepting the right path!

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

May Allah (swt) help you with your christian friend, and may he be guided by Allah through you brother.

Ayep

dawudabbasbhai, yes it is important to spread the message of Islam to non muslims however you should let ur friend make the decision on his own accord.

Remember surah Al Kafirun: it's about 'there is no compulsion in religion'. The
best way is to give dawaa to urself first. If he is ur close friend and sincere about Islam he will ask you questions on Islam about why and why.That is the time for the opportunity to share Islam.

Like samiha said you have to have the right technique to approach the matter. To have the technique requires complete understanding of dawa methods. To have that is to seek the knowledge. If ur friend ask u questions that u don't know how to answer be humble and honest about it and tell him you will get back to him.

In order to dawa to people we must set the example first. Don't do it because you want to show him, do it for Allah!

Remember Allah guide whom He wills.

:wasalam:

T

TearfulEyes

yes but my friend is not a muslim and making dawa to him that is crazy for football is for teaching him that salat for Allah is of greater importance that doesn't mean that a muslim cannot watch football games but first we have to give our worship to the Unique Creator, then we can even watch football without problem, isn't it?

PLEAES DAWUD!!! you said your friend is not a muslim and yet you are imposing this story in this board.

Please Dawud. We have not ran out of important issue. SMILE.

rguyah

Dawud

Keep up the good work brother! May Allah reward you for your work in His cause. May Allah guide you to be the best of those whom give dawah!