For all sisters in non-Muslim countries (about wearing Hijab...)

Akilah

Assalam Alaikum,

jazakallah for posting this, it really goes to show the hypocrisy and discrimination when it comes to the hijab. I actually think this video is also posted somewhere else in this forum, but it was definitely worth watching:)

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Look I didnt understand one thing.Is this video made some non muslims? Coz making the video in this way makes it look as if muslims should follow the customs of the people and put it above the order of Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.
We need to oppose the directors of such videos and show them what is the real meaning of Hijab?
I do not support the making of these videos.Its giving importance to man made laws.

Dawoodi

salam w

salam w.

brother hussain u didnt got it do u? the video its showing the discrimination as it is and leave the spectator with a clear message.

Dont be byes.

have a notter look at it maybe u'll get it this time :redface:

salam w.

Akilah

Assalam Alaikum,

Yes I agree with dawoodi, you need to watch the full thing to understand. you see when the girl finally takes off the hijab (astaghfirullah, poor thing) she goes into the classroom, and everyone is sooooo diverse, and it's kinda like you see the anger and frustration inside as she looks around, because everyone is getting to display their uniqueness and also more importantly, there is a guy wearing a baseball hat, and a couple girls wearing some pretty large head bands that kinda look like a small hijab, but because they are non muslims, it isn't a problem. Inshallah you will understand this point when you watch the video, although I do understand that you may have misinterpreted it, as if one does not watch to the end, it kinda seems like the video is sanctioning the idea of just removing the hijab because "it's not a big deal" kind a thing. Hope that clears something up.

Mystify

I really enjoyed this video.

It raises another aspect for wearing hijab for me and something i am struggling with personally. You see in Islamic countries, most women cover their hair, it makes women equal, it enables them to be seen for their thought and action rather than their looks and this is a very good thing.

However, in a non Islamic country the hijab makes a woman stand out, it makes people look at her and watch her and judge her based on how she looks (wearing the hijab) so...it has an opposite effect to what is intended. I struggle with my wearing of hijab for this reason, i hate to be stared at. I like to go about my business quietly and privately and it makes me very uncomfortable to me pointed at and talked about :(

I do not feel this is an argument against hijab though. It is merely evidence that people are predjudice against muslims and are greeat hypocrites with it comes to the customs of Islam.... As the video reveals...

This page has a similar message ...

http://www.geocities.com/hijabhypocrisy/

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Jazakumullah khair..Barakallahu feek
well it has cleared up everything. The webpage "hijabhypocrisy" is very nicely presented.But see does mention a part that her parents also wants her to remove the hijab. So I felt in that case they are presentating the wrong scenario. Anyway, still a lot number of sisters are putting it on in european countries.Masha Allah its great that the number of muslims are rising everyday.
walaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Umm3mar

Miskina!!

Although I realize the girl wasn't truly Muslimah, I honestly felt for her. I felt the same nervous, scared, exposed feeling as when I took off hijab in front of husband for first time.

Living in Small town USA Al'hamdu'lillah, I'm fine with hijab. There are very few Muslimas in the area so, yes, people stare, but to each their own.

May Allah give strength to all muhajibis that we may continue to follow our Islam.