Freaking out here..

Shannonx

:salam2:

I have to retake this math test on Wednesday, I need to pass it to graduate. I've been taking it since '06 and I haven't passed it yet, and I graduate (hopefully) in May. Anyways, i'm so worried I won't. I don't know what to do. I'm in a class for it, but it's not helping. I know some things he's showing us, but it's like my brain shuts off when i'm in a math class. I daydream so much that I don't understand anything he's saying, and it's so sad. What's worse is I freeze up on tests especially math ones. It's Algebra and Geometry...which is my two worse subjects.

I have two more tries to take it, Wednesday and in March and that's it.

So if any of you can make dua for me it'd be very much appreciated.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum sister
I will make a dua inshaAllah
Just do your best and put your trust in Allah SWT ...Try to wake up an pray at night ,in the time when dua is accepted .InshaAllah u will pass all the exams easily ..:)

PS:I really hate math also ,just hate numbers .It was my nightmare in school ,even though I got it easily ,but just couldnt stand the math class :)

waaleikum salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Shannon chill out and eat a candy bar. Insha"Allah I will make dua for you. You brain does work stop fighting it. Algebra is common sense and geometry is fun..you can draw..and go to infinity and beyond...take a hold of it and have fun with it.

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Oh man, I can so relate to you, but believe me, if you put your mind to it, you can do it. I reckon you should teach yourself, that's the mosteffective way of learning, at least for me it is. There is a saying that goes something like this:
I hear I forget,
I see I remember,
I teach I master.
Anyways good luck, remember that WE invented algebra so I wanna see you get top grades for that area, you hear me!!! kidding but come on bro make us proud and plz dont fail.

Shannonx

I'm a female..lol I think I should change my screen name.

Ty for the advice..i'll try it :/

I hardly see Algebra or Geometry as fun though. Even if people tell me to have fun with it, it's just impossible. Makes me feel even more stupid when people tell me it's common sense lol :(

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You are not stupid...I am currently a teacher, just finished teaching a math class..had fun making roller coasters.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I hated maths at school and my best advise is study long and hard, go over the theories that scare you again and again. The more times you do it then the more will stick

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Well InshaAllah I will make dua for you.
Just when you are with maths be cool just chill and dont be freaked out this is the most important thing,dont be desperate let it come to you.
Maths is not a monster,about Algebra and Geometry,brother there are more than 12 ways to solve a Maths problem!!!SubhanAllah!It just takes a bit of pateince,even Qur'an tells us to be pateint aotherwise we are at a loss.
If you have any other problems please tell us in the education coulumn.
Allah be with you.

Fathimah

Asssalamu alaikum...

Remember 2 study as well as make dua.Try doing lotz of math questions.After all,practice makes perfect.I'm from Malaysia and that's how we malaysian study......
I'll make dua 4 u.insha allah:hijabi:

Joanna-Aisha

Salam alykoum! You are not stupid. It's just the matter of few things. Firtsly, your brain just closes when it fears something , like Math, and secondly, you need to pray more . I think you know this Duua :When you find something becoming difficultfor you say:
-Allahumma laa sahla illaa maa ja'altahu sahlan wa Anta tajalul-hazna ithaa shii'ta sahlan.
-O Allah, there is no ease other than what You make easy. If You please You ease sorrow.
(Ibn Hibban Sahih no2427)
I hope, it's gonna help:) And have more faith. Allah(swt) wants you to pass it, but in the same time, you need to help yourself:) Just try. I'll make Duua for you:)isa:)
Take care
Maa el salama

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Math was always my favorite subject at school. It is the only science which can be proven by itself and not by any external source. How fascinating is that? Logic is a close second.

The first thing you want to do, sister Shannon, is to change your self doubts. You are smart; you found Islam, didn't you? :) Think positively about yourself and about math.

Next, approach math differently. Math is not an abstract, detached science. It has applications in everything around you. Without math, computer science would have been impossible and without computer science we could not be corresponding right now. Without math there would be no cars or airplanes, no houses, no telephones... You name it.

Without art and literature, life would be boring but without math life would be primitive!

Math is cool. I pray that you see it that way and that you will pass the test this time.

Exactly,
Maths is a beautiful subject just enjoy its beauty,play with it.
It'll be fun.

sal12

Maths is not a beautiful subject! I used to struggle loads with it! Still do! When I was doing my GCSE's I thankfully I had my brainbox of a sister to help me who is now an accountant! Maybe u need some one-on-one tuition. I have a friend who was struggling on her course which was quants and she failed the exam twice then she hired a tutor to help her and she got a 2.1 on that module when she resat it because she had the same problem as u, switching off and daydreaming in lectures. With a tutor it's harder to daydream as they're only teaching you and only you so maybe u should hire one??

I failed an exam as well so now I have to resit and the pass mark is 70%! I got 61! It's such a high number! Shannon i'll pray for u and u pray for me! It's maghrib time now so I'm off to pray for ya! Ta-ra!

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
O Lord, hear my anxious plea
Calculus is killing me
I know not of 'dx' or 'dy'
And probably won't until the day I die.
Please, Lord, help me in this hour
As I take my case to the highest power.
I care not for fame or loot
Just help me find one square root.
And Lord, please let me see
One passing mark in organic chemistry.
Oh such a thing I constantly dread
I'd just as soon join the Marines instead.
Lord, please give me a sign
That you've been listening all the time.
Please lead me out of this constant coma
And give me a shot at my diploma

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2: Sister Shannon,

Don't worry you will be fine, InshaAllh. I will make dua for you. My younger sister used to pray a lot before tests and somehow always got good grades.

Try to recite Ayat al-Kursi, recite this ayat and pray to Allah before start studying and before any tests.

Ayat al-Kursi​

Allahu la ilaha illa huwa, Al -Haiyul-Qaiyum
La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm
lahu ma fi as-samawati wa ma fil-'ard
Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi-idhnihi
Ya'lamu ma bayna aydihim wa ma khalfahum
wa la yuhituna bi shai'in min 'ilmihi illa bima sha'a
Wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard
wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma wa Hu wal 'Aliyul-Adheem​

Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep.
His are all things In the heavens and on earth.
Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth?
He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them.
Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth.
His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in
guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory).
Al-Baqarah 2: 255​

:wasalam:

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller

I have to retake this math test on Wednesday, I need to pass it to graduate. I've been taking it since '06 and I haven't passed it yet, and I graduate (hopefully) in May. Anyways, i'm so worried I won't. I don't know what to do. I'm in a class for it, but it's not helping. I know some things he's showing us, but it's like my brain shuts off when i'm in a math class. I daydream so much that I don't understand anything he's saying, and it's so sad. What's worse is I freeze up on tests especially math ones. It's Algebra and Geometry...which is my two worse subjects.

I have two more tries to take it, Wednesday and in March and that's it.

So if any of you can make dua for me it'd be very much appreciated.

Walaikum as salam wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Mathematics - my most loving subject. I make duas that Allah Subhanahu wa Taala make it easy for you.

Remember practice makes a man (or woman) perfect. Try solving mathematical puzzles a lot. Anyways, put up your questions out here if possible? Insha Allah we will try to help you.

wa/salam