From a Brother in Islam

Hoda7993

I received the following message this morning in my e mail; a very interesting truth...

Video Islamic Youth Awakening (Sahwah) Campaign - The Mongols of our time

Source" http://www.usislam.org/IslamicYouth/Mongols_of_our_time.htm

Watch Video of this email at: http://www.usislam.org/IslamicYouth/videos/08-IYAC-1.wmv The video is Br. David McClung reading this email.

Please look at the above link to see the map of the Mongol Empire.

When I see the younger Muslim generation confused about the definition of a Muslim and rejecting acceptable Mazhabs, I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation impressed by the western culture, neglecting the Islamic culture, and ignoring Islamic education, I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation has little or no respect to parents and elders, and ignoring the the strong commands of Allah to be kind and merciful to parents and elders, I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation adopting the western culture of (I want, I want, I spend I spend, I enjoy I enjoy), and neglecting the Islamic traditions, I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation guards their mobile phone more than the Quran, I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation using drugs that is rampant in the western culture, I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation confused about simple Islamic teachings, I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation belonging to feuding tribes, and killing each other, I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation killing innocent people, I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation following questionable "sects" of Islam and questionable "Imams", I get scared.

When I see the younger Muslim generation are not aware what is happening in Palestine, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Lebanon, and don't at least feel sorry for their Muslim Ummah, I get scared.

When I see Muslim girls convert FROM Islam, I get scared. I know 8 Muslim Girls who converted FROM Islam:

An Arab father, who is very confused about the basics of Islam: His 2 girls were also confused. Their father told them not to marry a Muslim, but marry a Jew, because Jews are good business people. They converted FROM Islam when they graduated from College.

A Pakistani father, came to USA, impressed by the Western "Freedom", married to an American lady who is still Christian, He doesn't pray and has visible alcohol in his house. His 2 girls are confused, they converted FROM Islam when they graduated from College.

A very loose Arabic Family, didn't pray, the mother colored her hair blond, and didn't wear Islamic dress. The daughter was brain washed by a college friend to Convert FROM Islam.

Parents who have a girl that graduated from Islamic school. They thought the school was enough. When the girl went to college, she loved a non-Muslim, and converted FROM Islam.

An Arab father sent his daughter alone to USA to establish a business and become rich. She knew many Christians, and married a Christian business associate, and converted FROM Islam.

An Arab father sent his daughter to study in USA. She lived the American pop culture, married a Jew, and converted FROM Islam

And this is not all. There are many other scary things happening in our Ummah. They are the new Mongols who are far worse than the first ones. This new Mongols destroys the Islamic Identity of the Muslim Youth.

And when I see all this, I think to myself: “What do I say to Allah on the Day of Judgment?”.

Should we get despair? Absolutely NOT. Islam is a religion of optimism and hope.

In the present time, the Islamic Identity may be shaken, but NEVER defeated.

During the whole history of Islam, we have seen great achievements and great calamities. Probably, the worst disaster faced the Islamic Ummah, was the Mongolian destruction of most of the Islamic world.

Victory was achieved over the Mongol Empire by faithful Muslims. Similar victory was accomplished during the Caliphate of Umar in 636 A.D. over both the Romans and the Persians during a span of only 7 months. The Byzantines made strong preparations to attack the Muslims, and concentrated a very large army at Yermuk. Muslims won an astounding victory in 6 days at the Battle of Yermuk in May 636 A.D. Jerusalem surrendered without a fight. In November of the same year, Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas marched to Qadisiyya. Persian army collapsed in 4 days.

The Mongol Empire was the largest contiguous empire in human history. The 13th and 14th century, when the empire came to power, is often called the "Age of the Mongols". They controlled 22% of earth. The Mongol armies during that time were extremely well organized. The death toll (by battle, massacre, flooding, and famine) of the Mongol wars of conquest is placed at about 40 million according to some sources. Mongols through a series of slaughtering attacks controlled lands from Korea up to Poland and Hungary, and from the Indian ocean up to Russian cities, including Moscow and Kiev.

Mongol invasion of the Middle East consists of the destruction of Iraq, Iran, parts of Kuwait and eventually encroaching into Palestine. The Abbasid Caliph Al-Musta'sim reportedly defied the Mongols, saying God would punish them if they dared to attack him, yet failed to even attempt to summon loyal Muslims to the defense of Baghdad, nor did he strengthen the City of Light's defenses. Under Hulagu, the Mongols captured and destroyed Baghdad in 1258. The slaughter and horrific atrocities committed by the Mongols at Baghdad have never been forgotten, nor did the country itself ever recover. The infrastructure system was destroyed, and after the slaughter at Baghdad there were not enough people left alive to repair and maintain this system. Caliph Al-Musta'sim was executed by Hulagu Khan soon afterwards. The Mongols did not want to shed "royal blood," so they wrapped him in a rug and crushed him to death with their horses. All of his sons but one were executed as well.

Sultan Saif ad-Din Qutuz of Egypt joined forces with a fellow Mamluk, Baibars, who wanted to defend Islam after the Mongols captured Damascus and most of Sham (greater Syria). Sultan Qutuz reigned Egypt from 1259 - 1260, after 73 years of the Kurdish Sultan Salāh ad-Dīn Yūsuf Al-Ayyūbi defeating the Crusades of the Kingdom of Jerusalem in the historical battle of Hattin on July 4, 1187. In this battle alone, the Crusader army was largely annihilated by the faithful army of Saladin in what was a major disaster for the Crusaders and a turning point in the history of the Crusades. During a span of only 73 years, strong faithful Muslim Kurdish and Egyptian Sultans destroyed the legacy of the Crusades and Mongols together. Subhana Allah.

The Mongols attempted to ally with the remnant of the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem, now centered on Acre, but Pope Alexander IV forbade this. While the Christians remained neutral, they believed it was only a matter of time until the Mongols destroyed them also, and so while technically neutral, they agreed that the Egyptian army could cross their territories without incident, or reporting such movement to the Mongols. Believing that waiting for Hulagu Khan to return with his full army would be foolhardy, Qutuz decided to march north and confront Kitbuqa's army. He believed destroying this force would not only protect the remaining Holy Places (Jerusalem, Mecca, and Medina), but also strike a terrific blow against the heretofore invincible Mongols. He accomplished all his goals, and more. The Mongols at that time were proceeding down the trade trails, and probably were unaware that the Egyptian forces had marched north to confront them.

Both Mamluk and Mongol armies encamped in the Holy Land in July 1260. They finally met at one of the greatest battle in Islam, Ain Jalut on September 3, 1260, with both sides numbering about 20,000 men. Mamluk armies were clearly able to destroy the Mongols, something that no one had previously done. Berke Khan (Arabic Baraka Khan), khan of the Golden Horde, was one of the sons of Jochi, the eldest son of Genghis Khan. Mamluk were supported by Berke Khan who allied himself with Mamluk after his cousin enraged him by destroying Baghdad. Berke and the Golden Horde converted to Islam, and sent word to the Great Khan (Hulagu Khan) that he would "call him to account , for he has murdered the Caliph in Baghdad, and killed all the faithful..".

And the name Khan became a familiar Muslim name. Subhana Allah.

Invitation to Volunteer in Islamic Youth Awakening (Sahwah) Campaign:

http://www.usislam.org/IslamicYouth/volunteers.htm

Please sign the Muslim Youth Code of Honor petition at : http://www.petitiononline.com/iyacmych/petition.html

Dr. Adel Elsaie

www.usislam.org