From Mosque Breakers to Mosque Makers

dawood_smriti

Asalaamalykum
This is the conversion stories of Two hindus who were involved in demolishing Babri mosque.

The Babri Mosque (Urdu: بابری مسجد), or Mosque of Babur was a mosque constructed by order of the first Mughal emperor of India, Babur, in Ayodhya in the 16th century. Before the 1940s, the mosque was called Masjid-i Janmasthan ("mosque of the birthplace").[1] The mosque stood on Ramkot ("Rama's fort") Hill (also called Janmasthan ("Birthplace"). It was destroyed by Hindu activists in a riot on December 6, 1992.

It is believed that Babur's commander-in-chief Mir Baki destroyed an existing temple at the site, which Hindus believe was the temple built to commemorate the birthplace of Rama, an incarnation of Vishnu and ruler of Ayodhya (See Ram Janmabhoomi.). Interestingly the mosque shared a wall with a Rama Temple. The Babri Mosque was one of the largest mosques in Uttar Pradesh, a state in India with some 31 million Muslims[2]. Although there were several older mosques in the city of Ayodhya, an area with a substantial Muslim population, including the Hazrat Bal Mosque constructed by the Shariqi kings, the Babri Mosque became the largest, due to the importance of the disputed site.

Story Begans
Conversion to Islam

We were those who hammered down Babri Masjid, and we are the ones who seek the pleasure of Almighty Allah by building mosques now. What we did was in a state of ignorance, what we are doing is a conscious act based on our faith in Creator. Where are those who revel in their hatred against Islam. Let them come and embrace it the same way we did. Sheen Meem Ahmed translates a soul stimulating story of Muslim converts
RECOVERY
Moulvi Sahib advised him, “As long as we are engaged with the scheduled programme inside the mosques, you devote your full attention sincerely towards the Lord of Universe, seeking in particular his forgiveness”. He also instructed Chaudhry Ji to pray in these words: “O Master! My troubles and afflictions can’t be removed from me by anyone else excepting you”. Yogindhar’s father fell again on Moulvi Sahib’s feet telling that: “had I been of any use in the eyes of the Master, I should have not been live to see these unfortunate days. Since you are nearer Him, you can do what is needed to cure my son.” However, Sidiqi Sahib convinced him by saying that: “you are here for medication, therefore, do what I suggest.” Saying this all the disciples including Moulvi Sahib went inside the mosque, offered their prayers, listened to Sidiqi Sahib’s brief speech and invoked at the end the blessings of Allah, the Almighty. At this opportune time, Moulvi Sahib asked everyone present there to do the special prayers for relief and remedy of Yogindhar. When all this was over, they took their breakfast collectively inside the mosque.
As the congregation came out of the mosque, instantly Yogindhar’s senses were restored to such an extent that all of a sudden he took away turban from his father’s head and wrapped his naked body with it. At once, he began to converse with him normally. All the onlookers surrounding him were visibly gladdened to see this entire incredible thing happening.

RECITATION OF KALIMA

Imam Sahib of Buwana too felt glad tremendously. Without loosing any time, he plainly reminded Chaudhry Ji then and there to observe his promise and pledge of Yogindhar’s reversion to Islam in the event of his recovery. He also forewarned him that, “The one who has cured your son may cause him face again such a worst condition and may be worst than madness, should you dishonor your commitment”. He accepted his call to Islam readily and said to Imam Sahib that, “My seven generations are indebted to you. I cannot repay this beneficence throughout my life. Since I am loyally obedient to you, whatever you wish me to do I shall do accordingly and unquestionably.”
As it came in the knowledge of Moulvi Sidiqi Sahib that Imam Sahib has kept it as a pre-condition that in the event of Yogindhar’s recovery from madness he will be under obligation of reverting to Islam, it did not receive his affirmation, advising Moulvi Sahib that the condition imposed went against the demands of cautiousness (in calling some one to Islam).
While Chaudhry Ji led Yogindhar towards the mosque, he questioned his father as to where he was leading him. He straightaway said it: “to revert to Islam”. Yogindhar volunteered to say his father: “I will revert to Islam before you do and will be more than willing to reconstruct the Babri Masjid”. Both of them did their ablutions happily and recited the Kalima, the first compulsory step essential for reversion to Islam, in the mosque. After accepting Islam Chaudhry Ragubir Singh changed his name to Muhammad Usman and that of Yougindharpal to Muhammad Umar.

MIGRATION

Now as Muslims, they left with a deep sense of satisfaction for their village. They met the Imam of the small local village mosque in the first instance and disclosed him the news of their reversion. The Imam Sahib informed all the Muslims of the locality about this pleasant development. The sensational reversion to Islam by the father and son got wide publicity in and around the village and evoked great interest among the villagers. The Hindus were upset terribly with this “shocking” news. Immediately some influential Hindus gathered in a meeting to chalk out their strategy in relation to this episode. The attendants resolved firmly to kill both father son duo during the night. One of the gentle individuals who attended the meeting informed the Imam Sahib about the plot. Subsequently, with the blessings and support from Allah, the Almighty they were secretly taken out of the village in the darkness of night. Now Phulat (Muzaffar Nagar U.P) was their place of residence. Putting up there with other Muslims, they were clubbed along with the team of preachers/ reverts to Islam and deputed for a period of 40 days to various places. Yogindhar (now Muhammad Umar) spent three ‘Chilas’ (40 daylong camp period for self-purification) under the guidance and advice of head priest of the team. Afterwards his mother too accepted Islam gladly and voluntarily. Umar was also advised to marry in a noble Muslim family of Delhi. Now all of them are putting up in Delhi living a happy Muslim life. They have disposed off all their property in the village and established their own factory near their residence.

GRIEF AND SORROW
The story of my reversion to Islam cannot be isolated from the above-narrated episode. I have narrated the first part of the story, now the second part follows as under:-
On March 9, 1993, my father had a cardiac arrest and he could not survive the major heart stroke that time. Before his death he was too sad over the demolition of Babri Masjid, more particularly his grief knew no bounds in view of my active role in the misadventure. He would often tell my mother, “Would that we had been born as Muslims! If we had been Muslims at least my name would have been included in the list of oppressed. Why did I take my birth in the community of oppressors?” He had also made his will known to the family members to this effect that I should be disallowed to come to my bier. He had also asked the family to either bury his bier or throw it in a flowing river and that in no case should it be burnt in accordance with the last rites of the oppressors (i.e the Hindus). He had even forbidden them to take his body to the cremation ground of Hindus. The family members did as they were obliged to do as per his will and last wish. It was after eight days that I came to know about his sad death.
Naturally, my heart was broken with grief once I learned about this. After he left for heavenly abode, I realized the unforgivable crime I had committed by breaking the Babri Mosque. In spite of feeling pride initially for our sinful act, I would now heave cold sighs off and on and express my sorrows. My heart used to be lifeless under the persistent impact of depression. Whenever I visited the home, my mother would break down remembering the grief and sorrow of my father. She would rebuke me by saying that: “you put to trouble and annoyance your angel-like father. You are really a mean fellow.” The constant taunts from her constrained me not to visit my home anymore.

MENTAL TRAUMA

Meanwhile, Muhammad Umar returned from the forty day trip/ training he had undertaken along with other preachers and practitioners of Islam. He came to Panipat to see me, where he narrated to me his story bit by bit. It was a coincidence that for the past two months my heart was overwhelmed with the ever-growing fear and agony that some calamity might befall upon my head from the skies. The grief of my father’s death on one hand and sorrow over the demolition of Babri Masjid on the other compounded my mental trauma heavily. As a result of this, I was fear-stricken both by heart and mind. The story of Muhammad Umar doubled my troubles psychologically. However, sensing the adversities I was trapped in, he suggested that I should see Moulvi Muhammad Kaleem Sahib who was coming to Sonepat on June 23. He insisted that I should at least see him there without any hesitation. He also proposed that it shall prove beneficial if I spent some days in his pious company. I made up my mind according to his proposal. On the said day though I was a bit late, Muhammad Umar had reached there before hand. He had made Moulvi Sahib fully aware about my story. As I came in contact of him, Moulvi Sahib welcomed me with love and care. He said that: “when your friend Yogindhar committed the sin at your behest and Allah, the Almighty did punish him so horribly, do you know He can pay you too in the same coin? May be sometimes Lord of the universe apparently does not punish a sinner immediately in the world but he can not leave him go unpunished in the next world, where punishment will be awarded for eternity in such a manner that one cannot conceive its horrifying effects today”.

SURRENDER BEFORE ISLAM
I took a firm decision during the course of one hour that I spent in the pleasant company of Moulvi Sahib that in order to avoid the calamity from heavens if I have to take any preventive measure, I do have to surrender before Islam and take refuge in it only. Moulvi Sahib was leaving for a two-day travel. I simply made a request that he may kindly allow me to accompany him. He conceeded to my request whole-heartedly. The travel stretched from Haryana to Delhi and Khorja, later on we reached Phulat in two days time. After these lucky two days were over, I found in the heart of my hearts a sincere desire to revert to Islam. I made revelation of my inner mind to brother Umar who happily informed Moulvi Sahib of my heart-felt feelings. Praise be to Allah that on June 25th I reverted to Islam just after noon prayers. Moulvi Sahib proposed my Muslim name as Muhammad Aamir. He advised me that to know about Islam, prayers and other religious practices, I should stay at Phulat. As I talked about my constrains because of my wife and children, he immediately arranged a residential house for me at the said place. For some months, I had to be at Phulat along with my family. During my stay at that place, I undertook the sincere effort to convince my wife about her reversion to Islam. With the grace of Allah, my persuasion just for three months worked so much effectively that she too came in the fold of religion of Islam. My mother was overwhelmingly joyful when I told her about my reversion. She was more than sure that this good deed of mine will console my late father’s soul. Later on, she too became a Muslimah.

100 MOSQUES PLEDGE
Umar and I took it as our jointly shared duty that to compensate the sin of Babri Masjid demolition we would not only make the mosques that are laying in ruins functional/ usable but also construct new mosques wherever possible. In this connection, we pledged mutual co-operation and dedication. We resolved firmly that we would construct 100 mosques and retrace the same number at least in our lifetime, if Allah wills so. All praise be to Allah that upto December 6, 2004 this sinful narrator has been able to retrace and rehabilitate 13 desolated mosques in Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and Meerat Cantt. However, Umar has achieved the distinction of maintaining a lead on this account.
Having laid foundation of twenty-first mosques very recently, he has until now completed construction of twenty-three mosques at different places (now the number stands at twenty-six as was disclosed by Moulana Kaleem Siddiqui Sahib in his recent three day Srinagar visit). We had also resolved that we shall make it a point that every year on December 6___ the fateful day when the Babri Masjid was stormed and broken into pieces___ we shall at least make one mosque functional by restoring it and arranging five time prayers in that and Umar shall lay the foundation stone of a new one to commemorate the anniversary of Babri Masjid’s tragic demolition. With the grace of Allah so far not a single year has elapsed when this resolve remained unattended or unfulfilled even if the target of 100 mosques has not yet been reached. This year the number will go up hopefully as there is a plan with us about eight neglected mosques to restore them expectedly within a period of couple of months. The plan will definitely be executed if Allah wills so. Undoubtedly, Umar Bhai is maintaining the envious lead vigorously in this connection. Factually, my contribution, if any, in this regard does also constitute his share as it was he who became the means of exit from darkness to light for me. Nowadays I am running and managing a Junior High School where in addition to religious education and moral learning English medium of instruction is also in vogue.

SACRIFICE

Our family consists of my only eldest brother besides my mother. He got married after I did. He has four issues but unfortunately, my sister-in-law passed away some four years ago. She was a very nice woman and her martial life with my brother as an exemplary wife is memorable. However, her death had reduced my brother to a total wreck.
However, my wife took full care of his children after the death of their mother. Indeed, she served them well. As my brother is himself a noble-hearted person, he was impressed from the core of his heart with my wife’s motherly care and service to his children. However, I took the opportunity to call him to the path of Islam but as he did not hold me not in any esteem owing to the mental torture my father felt for my pre-Islamic misdeeds, he rejected the call outrightly. It was more than obvious that he could not be motivated to Islam by me. Still not discouraged with his initial negative response, I adopted one more alternative methodology to win him to Islam. I asked my wife as to what was her opinion if I divorce her and she marries my eldest brother. I told her that: “our children are comparatively grown up now while as his children are yet in childhood and that he was facing difficulties and a sense of deprivation. If you offer to marry him on the condition that he reverts to Islam after I divorce you and your idat is over, it will be a means of achieving salvation for both of you.” My idea annoyed her abundantly but as I endeavored my best with utmost sincerity, she consented to that. Then I made my brother understand the harsh reality of life. I told him that: “if for sake of your children you embrace Islam what is bad in it. You can not find any woman who can nurse these innocent children with the motherly affection and dedication, treating herself as good as their own mother.” He did not approve of this idea initially and was displeased with me. I didn’t relent and questioned him: “what is rationally and logically correct, is it bad to acknowledge that as genuine?” After some persuasion and consultation, things were settled in the desired direction. I divorced my wife. After her Idat period ended, I made my brother recite the Kalima and with this, he got initiated and reverted to Islam. Later on the marriage took place with the mutual consent. Praise be to Allah, the Almighty they are living a happily married life. Children of both of us live jointly. Moulvi Kaleem Sahib however, motivated me later on to remarry. I had no option but to accept his good advice. Thus I got married to a newly reverted aged woman and with the grace and blessings of Allah, the Almighty we are leading a life full of pleasures.

HUMBLE SUBMISSIONS

It is my sincere appeal to all the Muslims that they should comprehend and realize the objectives of life. Taking Islam as a God-given trust with them, they should more particularly recognize its value and vitality. They should never nurture ill-will against any one. On the basis of my own experiences, I am dead sure that had every Shiv Sena or Bajrang Dal activist and every Hindu understood as to what actually Islam is; who is a real Muslim; what the Holy Quran is and how pious a place the mosques used to be, each one among them would have only thought of constructing the mosques. It would have been out of question that after having only preliminary introduction to Islam they might have broken any mosque. I can say certainly with confidence that if the prominent Hindu revivalists like Bal Thakray, Oma Bharti and Ashok Singhal come to know realities about Islam that: (1) this is their religion also (as it is nobody’s personal inheritance), (2) that this is their utmost necessity also (if they have to lead a life of real success here and hereafter), each one among them will take it his or her pleasure to construct the Babri Masjid even at his/her own costs.
There are some people whose enmity and hostility towards the Muslims is an open secret. But out of 100 million population the number of such bigots will not exceed one lac people. May be, it is exaggeration to think even this much be their actual number. If this number is, however, taken authentic still 99 million and ninety-nine lac people are quite identical to the mindset of my father and have a full liking for the human-friendly beliefs, values and principles of Islam. Was not my father by nature and temperament a Muslim? Admittedly, there can’t be anyone greater sinner than I as Babri Masjid was demolished by my sinful hands. Still, I think common Muslims too are the wicked people as it is they with whose utter and deplorable negligence of essential duty to call people to Islam, my father is destined to go to hell because he passed away as a non-Muslim despite having a soft corner for Islam and Muslims. Moulvi Siddiqui Sahib speaks the unchallengeable truth when he says that: “we became the breakers of Babri Masjid only because we stood unaware about Islam. Certainly out of our ignorance we committed the most sinful act and heinous crime but it was only the negligence of the duties that Muslims owe to us that all this happened”. Whenever I imagine remorsefully in the dead of the night that how my loving father died in the state of unbelief as nobody guided him to the path of Islam, I become sleepless even for weeks together and take recourse to medicines to give some rest and respite to my heavily burdened heart. Would that all the Muslims realize this afflicting trouble that I am subjected to because of the death of my father as an unbeliever despite his good qualities!

--Concluded
(Original text has been taken from Monthly Armugan-e-Waliullah,__ June 2005__ Phulat, Distt: Muzaffar Nagar U.P and translated by Sheen Meem Ahmed, a noted writer of Kashmir)
link:-http://www.greaterkashmir.com/full_story.asp?Date=5_7_2006&ItemID=1&cat=12

Wasalaam.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

It was destroyed by Hindu activists in a riot on December 6, 1992

heres a picture of Babri Mosque

_1844930_babri_ap_300.jpg

and here with disgusting Hindus all over it
_39462728_ayodpic.jpg

and here

12.06.04_Babri_194.jpg

image016.jpg

they destroyed it with their bare hands.

but he became a muslim?...thats a miracle :subhanallah:

dawood_smriti

Asalaamalykum

Indeed it is a miracle.
It is a good example of wht Quan says:
Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those ... 042.018
Allahuakbar

Wasalaam

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK,
wat an amazing shift bro....Mashallah Allah SWT will give hidayah to whoever he wills....and also he can pardon whowhoever he wants to.....Man its unbelievable.....