Frustrated!!!!!!!!

Abu_Luqmann

:salam2:

Hope all of you are doing fine and preparing to welcome Hajj and Eid-ul-Adha, Insha Allah.

Due to certain unexpected turn of events in the last few days, I find that I would be in London, Insha Allah, during Eid miles away from family. And there is nothing much I can do about it now. I donot have any muslim friends in London:angryred:

Aoothubillahi minashaytaanirrajeem

Is there any ayat from the Qur'an recommended recite when one is frustrated and upset?

:wasalam:

Riyadhus

Salaam,

I can't think of any ayaat to recite when you're frustrated but you can recite the Quran- It always never fail to make me feel better!

As for being away from your family during Eid, hey we are in the same boat! I miss celebrating Eid Mubarak with my family (second year in a row now!) and now most probably I will miss Eid-ul-Adha this year since I study overseas. Since you don't have any muslim friends around in London, you can always celebrate it at the mosque. I'm not sure about London but here in Australia, usually there's a celebration after the prayers.

Don't fret about it! :) InsyaAllah, it might be a good experience celebrating Eid somewhere else and get to meet more muslims as well!

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i definitely know what it is like to be lonely for eid. i'm the only muslim in my family and i don't really have any muslim friends. i have never taken part in an iftar at anyone's home before. never. i would really like to get those experiences, but sadly they haven't come yet. i just haven't been to any masajid in my area where the people are truly befriending.
:wasalam:

Abu_Luqmann

Jazakallahu khairan for replying.

I guess I should be reciting Surah Rahman 55:13 as well!

'Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both deny'

:salah:

salaam

palestine

Servant of Allah

Jazakallahu khairan for replying.

I guess I should be reciting Surah Rahman 55:13 as well!

'Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both deny'

:salah:

salaam

When one's heart is filled with emotion

Recite:
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ عَلَى كُلِّ حَالٍ

"Allah is deserving (worthy) of praise under all circumstances". (Hisnul Hasin from Ibn Maja)

samiha

---------
Staff member

There must be some brothers from the big city of London on TTI ~ You could make a request in the brothers section - if you wanted. Perhaps that would make you feel more welcome and make the day more enjoyable.

wasalam