Funny 2 Jews are the leading voice of Palestinian Cause in USA

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
It's kind of funny to see two Jews, Noam Chomsky (alot of my political thoughts are very similar to his with the exception of his sympathy toward anarchy movement), and Norman Finkelstein.
For those of you who is not familiar with Noam Chomsky.
Just a few basic facts. He is a linguistics professor at MIT. Made extensive contribution in the fields of linguistics.
Chomsky comments and varsities of topic, especially about politics and his views on the conflict in the middle east, pacifically Israeli/Palestinian conflict is very different from the mainstream "American intellectual gangs". Look him up on you tube, very intelligent guy. He is considered the leading intellectual of our time.
Norman Finklestein is political scientist. He used to teach at DePaul University untill his article/book exposing the American Policy biased toward Israeli drew a crusade from the Zionist, especially Alan Dershiwitz. As Usual the zionist were successful and De Paul University forced him to resign.

That being said, back to the topic lol. It's a known fact that Palestinian people hardly get any voice in American media or amongst the "intellectuals" of the country. Whatever attention they get mostly comes from these two gentlemen. I have alot of respect and admiration from them, it is not easy to speak out the truth especially in American media where people will label you as "anti-semitic, liberals, etc". which eventually ruin some people's careers.

This leads me to another conclusion. I know alot of Muslim simply lump Jews into one group as "zionist, evil, etc". But amongst the Jews there are very good people with honest agendas, with Chomsky, Uri Avnery, Alan Dershwitz just to name a few. It is important to point out that our beloved prophet, treated people with respect and equality, regardless of who they are. Also, it is important for us to distinguish between Zionist and Jews that are good.

Shoaib

below is the link to Norman Finklestein's interview with a lebanese TV reporter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe65-nF3FQ

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
i thought isreal were 'deeply sorry' (on the news)

who is this guy he is an 'Idiot'..

lol:p

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

Noam Chomsky is actually cool :cool: he admits he was once a ardent zionist aswell, he can say things which we as muslims would get slaugtered for saying (we still say them though -and get slaughtered :D)

(I prefer Chomsky to Finkelstein actually, maybe I like the former's style better, but he has a sense of humour aswell)

I think there are plenty of Muslims who care just as much as these two people, if not more, I dont mean to minimilise their work in any way whatsoever, but muslims who show any recognition of Palestinian sufferring are put into the 'extremist' category, which they cant exactly do to these two jews, 'self-hating-jews' category maybe yeh, but still, they get more platform to express themselves than any muslim would.

And also, muslims are defensive, especially nowadays, jews are aswell, so it leads to a tribal mentality of 'them and us'. Its easy to believe the people who preach this understanding, it takes a lot more to make an effort with people who you think dislike you already for being muslims, but still, its an effort than has to be made on our part at least.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Noam Chomsky is actually cool :cool: he admits he was once a ardent zionist aswell, he can say things which we as muslims would get slaugtered for saying (we still say them though -and get slaughtered :D)

(I prefer Chomsky to Finkelstein actually, maybe I like the former's style better, but he has a sense of humour aswell)

I think there are plenty of Muslims who care just as much as these two people, if not more, I dont mean to minimilise their work in any way whatsoever, but muslims who show any recognition of Palestinian sufferring are put into the 'extremist' category, which they cant exactly do to these two jews, 'self-hating-jews' category maybe yeh, but still, they get more platform to express themselves than any muslim would.

And also, muslims are defensive, especially nowadays, jews are aswell, so it leads to a tribal mentality of 'them and us'. Its easy to believe the people who preach this understanding, it takes a lot more to make an effort with people who you think dislike you already for being muslims, but still, its an effort than has to be made on our part at least.

When I implied that Muslims are generally silence when it comes to the conflicts and politics of the middle east, what I mean is we are not really established in the American media. We do not have "intellectuals" that get "exposure". We do not have a lobby group like AIPAC that controls and influences the American media and the politicians with varieties of means.

Come on, it's not that hard to lobby American politicians, after all money is the mother milk of American politics, the Saudis and the gulf states have alot of $$$$.

I do agree with you about Chomsky, he is sort of my "political teacher/inspirer" in a sense. He always makes brilliant arguments, in fact I haven't seen him loose an argument against anyone.

www.chomsky.info

Shoaib

nazir

Asalaamu Alaykum,
Noam Chomsky was someone i was interested too, however he hardly ever condemn Israel, rather he says that Israel is almost the tool of America whereby the latter projects their policy by proxy through the former. He does have some intelligent arguments though; but in order to fully supportive of someone, one must do their thorough research
Wassalaam

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Asalaamu Alaykum,
Noam Chomsky was someone i was interested too, however he hardly ever condemn Israel, rather he says that Israel is almost the tool of America whereby the latter projects their policy by proxy through the former. He does have some intelligent arguments though; but in order to fully supportive of someone, one must do their thorough research
Wassalaam

Hmm He fully condems Israel. He accuses them of crimes and compares the IDF to gustapo. He even said "it will be flattering for the IDF, If I compare them to the nazi gustapos"

I think you're mistaken when he describes Israel is acting as American proxy. Yes he says that but, IMO, in the sense United States has monumental influence on Israel. USA can shape Israel's policy if it willed. However He also says Israel has influence over USA so it's like a marriage.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ shes kidding lol
When I implied that Muslims are generally silence when it comes to the conflicts and politics of the middle east, what I mean is we are not really established in the American media. We do not have "intellectuals" that get "exposure". We do not have a lobby group like AIPAC that controls and influences the American media and the politicians with varieties of means.

Come on, it's not that hard to lobby American politicians, after all money is the mother milk of American politics, the Saudis and the gulf states have alot of $$$$.

I do agree with you about Chomsky, he is sort of my "political teacher/inspirer" in a sense. He always makes brilliant arguments, in fact I haven't seen him loose an argument against anyone.

www.chomsky.info

Shoaib
I think muslims are established in the American media, very much so! What about CAIR? Theyre always being bashed around by the likes of Daniel Pipes and his jewish cronies, its supposed to an organisation for the exact reasons which you stated above but it hasnt much chance of having an over all positive effect, though I think CAIR is pretty useless even without negative propaganda :D

Lol, the Saudi's lobbying against American politicians? :rolleyes: truly laughable actually, they do have the $ to yeh, they also have oil, not to mention American made fighter jets and tanks ..they could have a greater and more far reaching impact on America if they wanted to, economy wise, more effective than simply lobbying the politicians.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

What stuns me is that there aren't thousands of more Jews speaking against Zionism. If they knew and/or would admit to having an education surrounding their own beliefs they would know that the establishment of Israel is counter to the teachings of their holy scripture. According to their own beliefs Israel is forbidden to them until the messiah comes, otherwise they are in exile as established by their scriptures.

However, by establishing Israel, it appears they are trying to "force" a prophecy about and there are small organizations of orthodox Jews protesting this. I am not sure of these intellectuals are aware of this fact or if they are protesting Israel purely from a humanitarian point of view. Either way it is good that some prominent intellectuals are putting forth their thoughts.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Salaam,

What stuns me is that there aren't thousands of more Jews speaking against Zionism. If they knew and/or would admit to having an education surrounding their own beliefs they would know that the establishment of Israel is counter to the teachings of their holy scripture. According to their own beliefs Israel is forbidden to them until the messiah comes, otherwise they are in exile as established by their scriptures.

However, by establishing Israel, it appears they are trying to "force" a prophecy about and there are small organizations of orthodox Jews protesting this. I am not sure of these intellectuals are aware of this fact or if they are protesting Israel purely from a humanitarian point of view. Either way it is good that some prominent intellectuals are putting forth their thoughts.

Wasalaam

~Sarah
Yes the groups of Jews that are protesting against Israel's policy is indeed minor, but nonetheless the movement is growing. People are looking into the reasons behind the conflicts.