Gabriel an angel from God?

stukaville

As you can guess, I am not a Muslim. I was taken to a Church as a young child where I was taught about Jesus and how he was the son of God.

As I grew older I stopped going to the church and began to do my own thing.

Years later I became good friends with a wealthy Muslim and we enjoyed debates about God and Religion, he criticised the bible on many occasions and said it was full of contradictions but claimed that the Koran was a perfect work without fault. Ive not seen him for years but have looked at verses of the Koran on the web. I once watched a program about Mohammed and Islam by Raggi Omar(is thats how its spelt)

Raggi said that Mohammed was in a cave when the angel Gabriel appeared to him and told him to right down what he was told. Raggi said that Mohammed told Gabriel that he could not write so was told to memorise instead.

My question is this. Why did gabriel not know that Mohammed could not write?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

gabriel (AS) did know that muhammad (saws ) didn't know how to write. it was a rhetorical statement. it was the beginning of the miracle of the qur'an.

:wasalam:

stukaville

When you say Angel Gabriel told the Prophet to recite, are you saying that gabriel did not first ask Mohammed to write down?

dianne

Helo,

The Angel Gabriel (as) came to
prophet (pbuh) and said, “Recite.” “I cannot recite,” he(prophet pbuh) said. The Prophet
(pbuh) described: “Then he took me and squeezed me vehemently and then let me go
and repeated the order ‘Recite.’ ‘I cannot recite’ said I, and once again he squeezed me and let me till I
was exhausted. Then he said: ‘Recite.’ I said ‘I cannot recite.’ He squeezed me for a third time and then
let me go and said:
l “Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists), has created man from a clot
(a piece of thick coagulated blood). Read! and your Lord is the Most Generous.’” [96:1-3]
And Then Prophet (pbuh) repeated these verses.

Wassalam

yangga

To Dianne

Iqra to the name of your god. You can see that all of the surrah in Qur'an always begin with Bismillahirrahmanirrahim except one surrah which is called attaubah.

Actually Muhammad has been chosen far away became a messenger. If you are a christian plese take a look in your bible.

Deutronomy 18

18I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
20But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Please take a look.

The prophet must speak in god name. It is exactly what happen to the prophet Muhammad SAW in the beginning of his duty as well as your question.

Surah Al Alaq
1 Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

dianne

To Dianne

Iqra to the name of your god. You can see that all of the surrah in Qur'an always begin with Bismillahirrahmanirrahim except one surrah which is called attaubah.

Actually Muhammad has been chosen far away became a messenger. If you are a christian plese take a look in your bible.

Deutronomy 18

18I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
20But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Please take a look.

The prophet must speak in god name. It is exactly what happen to the prophet Muhammad SAW in the beginning of his duty as well as your question.

Surah Al Alaq
1 Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

Excuse ME? what are you try to say? me christians? am i did something wrong in here?

dianne

Salam

Of course i know Prophet Muhammad was chosen by ALLah swt before he was exist.The First Ayat of ALLah swt asks Prophet Adam as to recite before ALLah swt put him to earth is -

"Ashadualla illahaillallah,waashadu ana muhammararasulluah"

ALLah swt asks prophet Adam as who is the last messenger? And prophet Adam as reply - "Muhammad"

i no need to refer any hadith of these fact of text.as a muslim we should know!

Wassalam

yangga

Excuse ME? what are you try to say? me christians? am i did something wrong in here?

I am sorry sister. I made a mistake. I just want to answer the thread starter. But When I would like to correct the mistake, I realize no tool for that. is there any way to correct it ?