Gaza goes dark

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Saturday August 18, 2007 15:08 by Rami Al Mughari - IMEMC News

The Gaza strip is expected to go into darkness after Israel refused on Friday to provide the Gaza power plant with fuel.

Israeli justified its decision on the basis of security, a pretext that the deposed Hamas government in Gaza has rejected, claiming that the reasons go beyond security.

Deposed Palestinian Prime Minister Isma'el Hanyyiah, speaking in a Friday prayers ceremony, affirmed that Palestinian parties are contributing to the ongoing lack of fuel and basic raw materials in a bid to make Gaza succumb.

"At this time, Gaza suffers from a lack of basic materials due to the closures, and Palestinian entities are contributing to the siege." Hanyyiah said.

According to Gaza power plant officials, the Gaza strip's power supply is dependent on one generator out of four. Starting Sunday, the officials said, the power plant will be supplying the costal region proportionally, with regular cuts estimated at four hours a day at least.

Meanwhile, Salam Fayad, prime minister of the caretaker government established by President Mahmoud Abbas of Fatah in the central West Bank city of Ramallah, assured the population of Gaza that his government will ensure continued flow of raw materials and basic goods to the coastal region. Fayad said he expects the power crises to be resolved soon, likely on Sunday.

Local residents in Gaza voiced concerns over the new developments. Ibraheem Mahmoud, a barber from Gaza City, told IMEMC that "last year when Israel bombarded the power plant and Gaza went into darkness, I purchased a small power generator. Now I am forced to fix that generator, because I need to feed my kids."

The governing Hamas movement took total control of the Gaza strip last June, closing a chapter of intense infighting with the Fatah movement, its rival political group.

Hamas continues to reject the idea of recognizing Israel, accepting past agreements, and renouncing violence, three demands that Israel and the international community have demanded as preconditions for recognition of Hamas.

Transcribed by: Ghassan Bannoura - IMEMC News Room

http://www.imemc.org/article/49958

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Hmmm.... this new and this one 2 days ago:

Qassam Brigades warn of an imminent Israeli invasion of the Gaza strip

don´t sounds good at all. Last night all the Gaza was dark, as I talked to there today...

:SMILY23:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Fuel supply to return to Gaza after Israel reopens Nahal Oz Crossing
Date: 19 / 08 / 2007 Time: 10:21

Gaza – Ma'an – The Israeli forces reopened the Nahal Oz border crossing between Israel and the Gaza Strip on Sunday after three days of closure.

The closure of the crossing caused a crisis in electricity and fuel supplies in the strip.

Israeli radio alleged that the closure resulted from security warnings received by Israel.

The reopening will allow fuel supplies to be resumed in Gaza.

The Palestinian electricity company announced that it will be able to resume supplying the population of Gaza with electricity after three days stoppage. Electricity has been cut for almost a quarter of the residents of the strip.

On Saturday, Palestinian Minister of Information, Riyad al Maliki, said that Gaza will be supplied with fuel from Sunday, following a deal between the Palestinian Authority and Israel.

http://www.maannews.net/en/index.php?opr=ShowDetails&ID=24816

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

How about cutting off the already restricted food supply and starve the Palestinians to death. That should solve all of Israel's problems......

wasalam

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

How about cutting off the already restricted food supply and starve the Palestinians to death. That should solve all of Israel's problems......

wasalam

Salaam alaykum

cutting electricity from 1.4 million people is very danger. What would happen immediately in hospitals for patients whose need extra care? Some unborn babies or sick persons whose are in operation or can´t breath by themselves?

So they would die first.

:girl3:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salaam alaykum

cutting electricity from 1.4 million people is very danger. What would happen immediately in hospitals for patients whose need extra care? Some unborn babies or sick persons whose are in operation or can´t breath by themselves?

So they would die first.

yes, why didnt i think of that.

this is a clever move....but it is very strange because we have a lot of oil ....

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
My brother thought you were angry with me :SMILY288:

I was talking about oil from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait

Salaam alaykum

Israel doesn´t let to send oil or fuel or electricity to Gaza from any other country. It is like the West Bank where people have to buy they water from Israel if they want to drink even it is originally they own water. And they pay about it much more than settlers or israelis.