Votes: 2 2.5%
  • married brother, "what have i got into?" lol

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
4th option in poll... "single brother, ...."--- switch sister to a brother...

:salam2: :D

in this thread, we want to promote marriage because that's what makes us, our umah, strong.... :D

Our prophet (SAW) said:

"Man kana minkum dhaa tawlin, falyatazawwaj fa innahu aghadhdh lilbasari wa ahsanu lilfarji wa man laa fa as-saumu lahu wijaa."
"Whichever of you is capable should marry for it will aid him in lowering his gaze and guarding his body (from sin). As for the one who is not capable, fasting is his protection." (An-Nasaa'i - sahih)

"Idhaa ataakum man tardhauna deenahu wa khuluqahu fa zawwijoohu. Illaa taf'aloo takun fitnatun fiy al-ardhi wa fasaadun kabeerun."
"If someone with whose piety and character you are satisfied with comes to you, marry to him. If you do not do so, there will be trials in the earth and a great deal of evil." At-Tirmidhi and others and it is hassan.

"Ankihoo fa inniy mukaathirun bikum al umam yaum al-Qiyama"
"Marry, for I will outnumber the other nations by you on Qiyama." (Ibn Majah - Sahih)

and don't forget...:SMILY288:

"Man tazawwaja faqad istakmala nisfa al-imaan falyattiqi Allaha fiy an-nisf al-baaqiy."
"Whoever marries has completed half of his faith. So let him beware of Allah regarding the other half."
to read more about fiqh of marriage in Islam... http://www.java-man.com/Pages/Marriage/Marriage.html

for brothers and sisters who are (or know those who are) married, please share advises and cautions concerning marriage...

-------------------------

from Poll -- "what are you tested on the most in this life?"
33.78% chose "sexual desire" -- which is the highest percentage!!!
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40026

from Poll -- "marriage or education first?"
most of sisters prefer education than marriage!!!
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37600

so, i don't get it :confused:...

And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your hearts. Undoubtedly in these are signs for those who reflect. (30:21)

-----------------------------------

Please post any beneficial reminders in this thread about marriage... some brothers/sisters may start THINKING Right...LOL

Please watch below video... funny and informative!!!
Ask Baba Ali - "Worrying & Aging Sister"

[yt]xmerfW3Xv08[/yt][/QUOTE]

WHY AM I DOING THIS???... because I LOVE all my brothers and sister for the shake of Allah :hearts: SOOooo, have your intentions to GET MARRIED :lol: .... follow our beloved prophet's advise!!!

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

wow! brother u talk about marriage alot:lol:

may Allah subhana wata'ala give u a good partner amiin....:D

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Waalaikom Asalam sister :)

:lol: you right sister :lol:

i did that with my ex-roommates brothers and they are all married, lol, so i taught i should keep going at it...:lol:

wasalamo Alaikom

Nur Solehah

SubhanAllah
i wish i can get married earlier. i'm 19 and people will say "ohh you are still young! Why ruin your future??" Brothers and sisters, please make du'a for me so i can get marry earlier and get a pious god-fearing husband. May Allah reward your kindness. :tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

To keep things light. I am seeking my own version of mission impossible. I pray, Insha'Allah that I get husband number three. This is a testement to my patience. I still believe.!!!

For my young daughters and sons..I will make dua that Allah subhana talla send you the best of mates.

dianne

Salaam,

To keep things light. I am seeking my own version of mission impossible. I pray, Insha'Allah that I get husband number three. This is a testement to my patience. I still believe.!!!

For my young daughters and sons..I will make dua that Allah subhana talla send you the best of mates.

amin,ya rabbul alamin

TruthSeeker17

WHOA

im a convert did my shahada in the the summer....my frend me thinks that i should get married young.....im 17....i have a girl problem...idk if i can stay with one girl for the rest of my life....i c my parents marriage as a failure and think that if i get married it will fail...i know that since im muslim it will be stronger so on and so forth...but in all seriousness i am not looking foward to marriage in the future....i still see myself mid 30's being a bachelor

nori suja'i

i'll pray for our single sisters/brothers in tti be given life partners by Allah soon and pray for our married sisters/brothers for the long lasting married including myself, insyaAllah.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
im a convert did my shahada in the the summer....my frend me thinks that i should get married young.....im 17....i have a girl problem...idk if i can stay with one girl for the rest of my life....i c my parents marriage as a failure and think that if i get married it will fail...i know that since im muslim it will be stronger so on and so forth...but in all seriousness i am not looking foward to marriage in the future....i still see myself mid 30's being a bachelor

:salam2:

Salam Brother

Just a little advice on the comment you made that I bolded.

All marriages will not work out for whatever reasons and I know when it is our parents it hit close to home. But, if you have the attitude it will fail it probably will. Not only in marriage but life itself. Inshallah you can make Du'aa and ask Allah to give you a different outlook on the situation so you do not have to try to avoid marriage for fear of failure. In marriage there our so many blessings I would hate for you to miss out. Inshallah your feelings will be different when you understand its importance of marriage and it half of our deen.

nori suja'i

Our Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. says men have four choices in looking for a wife:

1) her feature/look
2) her family
3) her wealth
4) her religion (the one who hold tight to Islam)

And RasoolAllah s.a.w. suggested no.4

*FatimaFilsan*

I voted, single sister got things to do before marriage.
I don't think i will settle down anytime soon. I would rather finish my education and be able to support myself before i get married. Anything could happen, so i want to be prepared and i don't like depending on people to take care of me.

Achmat_Samsodien

I'm a single brother waiting to get married, Insha Allah next year when my beloved returns from her studies in Egypt we will get married. I have to practice Sabr for now. May Allah grant us all that are non-married the happiness of marriage insha allah and may he grant those who are married already more happiness Insha Allah :)

AAminAA

Amatullah

My advice to you is:

" Live and love for sake of Allah s.w.t.," !

For if yo do that for sake of someone else, there is no success !

And if you fear Allah, and insha'Allah if you find someone who fears Allah 2, you are going to have a very good marriage . Allah help those who are doing things in His name and for His sake. You both need to know (study ) what is your rights in Islam, what is your responsabilities , and what is your duty, obligatory..after that, all you'll have is peace, and blessings of Allah Almighty !

Abel213

I'm a single brother and I have stuff to do(finishing college, getting a good career, etc), before I get married. I think I will be around 26ish when I start too seriously consider that. Certain things that I would look for would be religion, chemistry, attitude, respect toward elderly and stuff. I used to think culture and ethnicity was pretty important as well, but as time went I don't think that is a serious issue. In my culture(Afghan) there are lots of people who practice Islam, but alot of the girls only know it culturally. So theres singing and dancing at weddings, but everyone is still Muslim? I'd rather have a girl who knows & loves Islam than one that practices tons of bidah in the name of culture.

May Allah reward you all with great partners and successful marriages Amin:subhanallah::subhanallah::allahuakbar:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Single- And got things to do before getting married.

I probably won't be looking for marriage until I turn 25 or 26 (if I live that long, insha Allah).

Maryam Sayyidina

Being single is fun:jumpclap:, but being married your life will complete half Deen. So I enjoy become single but marry later on (Ameen). May all singles and couples get bless from Allah in their life. Ameen.

Note: Marry not only living together and spent rest of your time with your couple, its a huge duties to build your children characters become moslem and marry need team player soul for the husband and wife not only one side power to role the marry.:SMILY346:
:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.