Get Your Belief from the Qur’ân and the Authentic Prophet’s Tradition

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[imgleft]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m197/turntoislam/English%20Article%20Pictures/p_66.gif[/imgleft]Get Your Islam from the Quran and the Authentic Prophetic Tradition. Importance of getting our information from the true sources. Important book for showing where we develop our understanding of Islam.

Download Here:

Get Your Belief from the Qur’ân and the Authentic Prophet’s Tradition[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
By Prof. Muhammad Bin Jumail Zaynu
(Translated by Saleh Omar Odrago and Revised by Dr. Aly A. Qoura, Published by the Islâmic Center for Muslims and Non-Muslims Seeking the Truth, Unaizah, Riyadh, 1997.)
Preface

The Name of Allâh, the Most Gracious the Merciful, praise be to Allâh , we ask Him for help and forgiveness. We ask Him for protection against the evils of our selves and the vices of our deeds. Whoever Allâh guides to the right path, no one can misguide him, and who ever Allâh misguides no one can lead him to the right path. I bear witness that there is only one God (Allâh ) and that Muhammad r is His Messenger.

This booklet consists of important questions and answers on Islâmic Belief. Answers to these questions are based from the Qur’ân and the Ahâdîth (i.e. Prophet’s sayings). Belief in the Oneness of Allâh is the source of man’s happiness on earth and in the Hereafter. I pray to Allâh that the questions and answers are beneficial to all brother Muslims and are solely for Allâh ’s sake and pleasure.
Muhammad Bin Jumail Zaynu Al-Hâdîth, Makkah Saudi Arabia

IBÂDAH (THE ISLÂMIC FORM OF WORSHIP)
Q: 1 WHY DID ALLÂH CREATE US?
A:1 He created us to worship Him and associate nothing with Him. God Almighty says: “I have only created jinn and men, that they should worship me.” (Qur’ân 51:56) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Man’s duty to Allâh is to worship Him and associate nothing with Him.” (Hâdîth agreed upon regarding its authenticity)

Q: 2 WHAT IS IBÂDAH (THE ISLÂMIC FORM OF WORSHIP)?
A: 2 IBÂDAH is a comprehensive name for all what Allâh likes in words and in deeds like supplication, prayer (salat), sacrifices etc. Allâh Almighty says: “Say truly, my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are (all) for Allâh , the Cherisher of the World.” (Qur’ân 6:162). The Holy Prophet r said: “Allâh the Almighty said: My servant does not please me with anything more beloved to me than the religious duties I have imposed upon him.” (Bukhâri)

Q: 3 HOW DO WE WORSHIP ALLÂH ?
A: 3 We worship Allâh (according to the Qur’ân and the Sunnah) as He and His Messenger rhave commanded us. The Almighty says: “O you who believe! Obey Allâh and obey the Messenger and make not vain your deeds.” (Qur’ân 47:33) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “He who does an act, which is different from our practices will have it rejected.” (Muslim)

Q: 4 SHOULD WE WORSHIP ALLÂH IN FEAR AND IN HOPE?
A: 4 Yes, we should worship Allâh in fear and hope. In describing believers, the Almighty says: “... who call on their Rabb in fear and hope...” (Qur’ân 32:16) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “I ask Allâh ’s help to grant me Paradise and I seek refuge in Him from the Hellfire.” (Abu Dawud)

Q: 5 WHAT IS EHSAN (PERFECTION) IN WORSHIP?
A: 5 EHSAN is to be aware of Allâh the Almighty in worship. Allâh the Almighty says: “Who sees you standing forth (in prayer), and your movements among those who prostrate themselves.” (Qur’ân 26:218). Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “EHSAN is to worship Allâh as though you are seeing Him for even though you do not see Him, Allâh always sees you.” (Muslim)

THE VARIOUS FORMS OF (TAWHÎD) AND ITS VIRTUES
Q: 6 WHY DID ALLÂH SEND THE MESSENGERS?
A: 6 He sent them to call people to worship Him alone, and to refute associating partners with Him. The Almighty says: “For We assuredly sent among every people a prophet, (with the command), serve Allâh and eschew evil.” (Qur’ân 16:32) (Taagut (evil) means any Satanic caller to the worship of other than Allâh ). Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “The Prophets are brothers (to one another) and their religion is one.” (Agreed upon)
Q: 7 WHAT IS TAWHÎD ARRABB? (What is the monotheism of the Rabb?)
A: 7 It is the assertion of the Oneness of Allâh in His actions such as creation and regulation (of affairs) etc. Allâh the Almighty says: “Praise be to Allâh , Rabb of the worlds.” Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Allâh is the Rabb of the Heavens and the Earth.” (Agreed upon)

Q: 8 WHAT IS TAWHÎD Al-ULOOHEEYAH OR IBAADAH? (What is the monotheism of worship?)
A:8 It is acknowledging that Allâh I alone is the One and Only true God who deserves to be worshipped and thus abstaining from worshipping any other being or thing. Allâh the Almighty says: “Verily, I am Allâh : There is no god but I: So worship Me (only), and perform regular prayers for My remembrance.” (20:14) The Prophet r said, “Whoever said La ilaha ila-Allâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh ) and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of a barley grain, will be taken out of hell. And whoever said La ilaha ila-Allâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh ) and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of a wheat grain, will be taken out of hell. And whoever said La ilaha ila-Allâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh ) and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of an atom, or a small ant, will be taken out of hell.” (Bukhari 1/42)

Q: 9 WHAT IS TAWHÎD SIFFAT-UL-LAH? (What is the monotheism of names and attributes of Allâh ?)
A: 9 It is the assertion of how Allâh has described Himself in His Book (the Qur’ân ) or how His Messenger exactly described Him in authentic Hâdîth without interpretation, comparison, or divestment; such as on the issue of establishment on the Throne, the Descending, the Hand, etc. appropriate to His perfection. Allâh the Almighty says:”There is nothing whatsoever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things).” (Qur’ân 42:11) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Allâh descends every night in the earthly sky.” (The descent of Allâh implies descending befitting His Majesty and unlike that of any one of His creations.) (Muslim)

Q: 1O WHERE IS ALLÂH ?
A:l0 Allâh is on the Throne Above the heavens. The Almighty says: “(Allâh ) The Most Gracious is firmly established on the Throne of authority) (Qur’ân 20: 5) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Surely Allâh has prescribed a decree... and is with Him on the Throne.” (Agreed upon)

Q: 11 IS ALLÂH WITH US?
A: 11 Allâh is with us by His hearing, His seeing and His Knowledge. The Almighty says: “Fear not for I am with you I hear and see (everything).” (Qur’ân 20:46) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “You are calling the All-Seeing, the Most near and He is with you (i.e. with His Knowledge).” (Muslim)

Q: I2 WHAT ARE THE VIRTUES OF TAWHÎD?
A: l2 The virtues of TAWHÎD are safety from punishment in the Hereafter, guidance in this world and remission of sins. Allâh the Almighty says: “It is those who believe and mix not their beliefs with that are (truly) in security, for they are on (right) guidance.” (Qur’ân 6: 82) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Allâh ’s reward for His servants is not to punish those who do not associate anything with Him.” (Agreed upon)

CONDITIONS FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF DEEDS
Q:13 WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF DEEDS?
A: l3 The conditions for the acceptance of deeds in the sight of Allâh are three:
1) Faith in Allâh and in His Oneness (TAWHÎD). Allâh the Almighty says: “As to those who believe and work righteous deeds, they have, for their entertainment, the Gardens of Paradise.” (Qur’ân 18:107) Allâh ’s Messenger r said, “Say: ‘I believe in Allâh and there after be upright.’” (Muslim)
2) Sincere devotion to Allâh without hypocrisy and without seeking of self-praise. Allâh the Almighty says: “So serve Allâh offering Him sincere devotion.” (Qur’ân 39:2)
3) To act in accordance with what Allâh ’s Messenger r has brought. Allâh the Almighty says: “So take what the Messenger assigns to you, and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you.” (Qur’ân 59: 7) Allâh ’s Messenger r said, “He who does an act which is not in accordance with our practices, will have it rejected.” (Muslim)

THE GREATER SHIRK (POLYTHEISM)

Q: 1 WHAT IS THE GREATEST SIN IN THE SIGHT OF ALLÂH ?
A: 1 Shirk (polytheism or the act of associating a partner with Allâh ) is the greatest sin. The Qur’ân (in the course of recounting Luqman’s advice to his son) says: “O my son! Join not in worship (others) with Allâh for false is indeed the highest wrongdoing.” (Qur’ân 31:13) When Allâh ’s Messenger was asked “Which is the greatest sin?” He said “To set up a Partner with Allâh while He is your Creator.” (Agreed Upon)

Q: 3 DOES SHIRK EXIST IN THIS GENERATION?
A: 3 Yes, it exists. The Holy Qur’ân says: “And most of them believe not in Allâh without associating (others as partners) with Him.” (Qur’ân 12:1l6) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “The (day of Judgement) will not come until some groups of my Ummah (people) will have followed the unbelievers and begun to worship idols.” (Sound Hâdîth, Tirmidhi)

Q: 4 WHAT IS THE RULING CONCERNING SUPPLICATION TO THE DEAD OR THE INVISIBLE?
A: 4 Supplication to the dead or the invisible is a form of Greater Shirk. The Almighty says: “Nor call on any other than Allâh ; such will neither profit you nor hurt you: if you do, behold! You shall certainly be of those who do wrong.” (Qur’ân 10:106) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Whoever dies while calling or associating a partner with Allâh shall enter Hell.” (Bukhâri)

Q:5 DOES SUPPLICATION FORM PART OF WORSHIP?
A: 5 Yes, supplication is part of worship. The Almighty says: “And your Rabb says: ‘Call (invoke) on Me I will answer your (invocation): Verily, those who are too arrogant to worship Me will surely find themselves in Hell in humiliation.’” (Qur’ân 40:60) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Supplication is worship.” (Ahmed and Tirmidhi described this Hâdîth as good and sound)

Q: 6 DO THE DEAD HEAR SUPPLICATION?
A: 6 They do not hear. Allâh the Almighty says: “Truly you cannot cause the dead to listen.” (Qur’ân 27:80) “You cannot make those who are buried in graves hear.” (Qur’ân 35:22)

KINDS OF GREATER SHIRK
Q: 7 SHOULD WE SEEK HELP FROM THE DEAD OR FROM THE INVISIBLE?
A: 7 We should not seek help from them. Allâh the Almighty says: “Those whom they invoke besides Allâh create nothing and are themselves created.” (Qur’ân 16:20) “Remember you implored the assistance of your Rabb, and He answered you.” (Qur’ân 8:9) Allâh ’s Messenger r: “O the Ever-Living, the Ever Lasting, through your Mercy I seek help.” (Good Hâdîth, Tirmidhi)

Q: 8 IS IT ALLOWED TO SEEK HELP FROM OTHER THAN ALLÂH ?
A: 8 It is not allowed. The Holy Qur’ân says “You Alone we worship, and Your aid we seek.” (Qur’ân 1:5) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “If you ask, ask of Allâh ; if you, seek help, seek help of Allâh .” (Good and sound Hâdîth, Tirmidhi)

Q: 9 SHOULD WE SEEK HELP FROM THOSE LIVING?
A: 9 Yes, depending on their ability. The Almighty says “Help one another in righteousness and piety.” (Qur’ân 5:3) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Allâh will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother.” (Muslim)

Q:10 IS IT ALLOWED TO MAKE AN OATH BY OTHER THAN ALLÂH ?
A:10 It is not allowed to make an oath except by Allâh because the Holy Qur’ân says: “O my Rabb, I do dedicate unto You what is in my womb for Your special service.” (Qur’ân 3:35) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Whoever vowed to obey Allâh , let him fulfil his vow whoever vowed to disobey Allâh , let him not fulfil it.”

Q: 11 IS IT ALLOWED TO SACRIFICE IN ANY OTHER NAME THAN ALLÂH ’s?
A: 11 It is not allowed. The Holy Qur’ân says: “Therefore to You I turn in prayer and sacrifice.” (Qur’ân 108:2) Allâh ’s Messenger r said, “Allâh curses whoever makes sacrifice in any other name than Allâh ’s.” (Muslim)

Q:I2 SHOULD WE CIRCUMAMBULATE THE GRAVES AS A MEANS OF PLEASING ALLÂH ?
A:12 We should not circumambulate anything except the 'KAABAH'. The Almighty says: “And circumambulate the Ancient House.” (Qur’ân 22 :29) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Whoever circumambulates the House (KAABAH) seven times and offers two Rakats Prayer, it is (the reward) like freeing of a slave.” (Ibn Majah)

Q: I3 WHAT IS THE RULING CONCERNING MAGIC?
A: l3 Magic constitutes disbelief (KUFR). The Almighty says: “Satans disbelieved teaching men Magic.” (Qur’ân 2:102) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Avoid seven grievous sins: shirk, magic,...” (Muslim)

Q: I4 SHOULD WE BELIEVE THE FORTUNETELLER AND THE SOOTHSAYER REGARDING THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE UNSEEN?
A: 14 We should not believe them. The Almighty says: “Say: ‘None in the Heavens or on Earth except Allâh knows what is hidden.’” (Qur’ân 27: 65) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Whoever goes to a fortuneteller or a soothsayer and believes in what he says, has surely disbelieved what has been sent to Muhammad.” (Ahmad)

Q: 15 DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE UNSEEN?
A: 15 No one knows the Unseen except these to whom Allâh has revealed among the Messengers. The Almighty says: “He (alone) knows the Unseen, nor does He make any one acquainted with his mysteries except a Messenger whom He has chosen.” (Qur’ân 72:26) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “No one knows the unseen except Allâh .” (Good Hâdîth by Tabrani)

Q: I6 SHALL WE PUT ON THREAD AND RING FOR CURING AN AILMENT?
A: 16 We should not put them on because the Almighty says: “If Allâh touch you with affliction, none can remove it but He.” (Qur’ân 6:17) And the saying of Allâh ’s Messenger r said, “They can only add to your weakness. Should death overtake you while you are wearing them, you would never attain Prosperity.” (Sound Hâdîth, Al-Hakam which was agreed upon and approved by Al-Dhahabi)

Q: I7 SHOULD WE WEAR BEADS AND SEA SHELLS AND THE LIKE?
A: 17 We should not wear them for protection against an evil eye. The Almighty says: “If Allâh touches you with an affliction, none can remove it except He.” (Qur’ân 6:17) And the saying of Allâh ’s Messenger r, “Whoever wears an amulet has committed SHIRK.” (Sound Hâdîth, Ahmed)

Q: 18 WHAT IS THE RULING CONCERNING ACTING IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAWS THAT CONTRADICT ISLÂM ?
A: l8 Acting in accordance with laws that contradict Islâm constitutes disbelief (KUFR), when one approves them or believes in their usefulness. The Almighty says: “If any does fail to judge by (the light of) what Allâh revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.” (Qur’ân 5:44) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “If their leaders fail to judge by the Book of Allâh (the Qur’ân ), and to choose what Allâh has revealed, Allâh will cause distress among them.” (Good Hâdîth, Ibn Majah)

Q: I9 HOW SHOULD WE RESPOND TO THE SATANIC QUESTION 'WHO CREATED ALLÂH '?
A: 19 If Satan whispers this question into anyone of you, he should seek refuge in Allâh . The Almighty says: “And if (at any time) an incitement to discord is made, to you by the Evil one, seek refuge in Allâh . He is the One Who hears and knows all things.” (Qur’ân 41:36) Allâh ’s Messenger r taught us to repel the deception of Satan by saying: “I believe in Allâh and His Messengers. Allâh is one and Only; Allâh the Eternal, Absolute, He begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him.” Then, one should spit (lightly) three times on one’s left side and seek refuge in Allâh against Satan.” If this is done, it goes away. (This is a summary of a collection of sound Hâdîth reported in Bukhâri, Muslim, Ahmad, and Abu Dawud)

Q: 20 WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF GREATER SHIRK?
A: 20 Greater Shirk is the cause of an eternal punishment in the Hell-fire. Allâh the Almighty says: “Whoever joins other gods with Allâh , Allâh will forbid him the Garden and the Fire will be his abode, there will for the wrongdoers be no one to help.” (Qur’ân 5: 72) And Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Whoever meets Allâh (on the Day of Judgement) having associated aught with Him, shall be consigned to the Fire.” (Muslim)

Q:21 DOES AN ACT PERFORMED BY A PERSON WHO ASCRIBES A PARTNER WITH ALLÂH PROSPER?
A: 21 An act performed by a person who ascribes a partner with Allâh is useless. The Almighty says in the Qur’ân concerning the Prophets: “If they were to join other gods with Him, all that they did will be vain for them.” (Qur’ân 5:67) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Allâh the Almighty says: ‘I have no need of associates. Whoever associates a partner with me in any act, I shall forsake him and his association.’” (Muslim)

THE LESSER SHIRK
Q: 1 WHAT IS THE LESSER SHIRK?
A:1 Riya’ (Sanctimony or showing off and swearing by other than Allâh ) constitutes the lesser Shirk. The Almighty says: “Whoever expects to meet his Rabb, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Rabb, admit no one as partner.” (Qur’ân 18:110) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “What I fear most for you is the lesser Shirk.” (Sound Hâdîth, Ahmad) It constitutes the lesser Shirk for a man to say: “Were it not for Allâh and MR, or MRS. So-and-so or if Allâh has willed I or MRS. So-and-so (or names a human being or any living being) willed it.” Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Do not say: What Allâh wills and so-and-so wills, but say What Allâh wills and then separately so-and-so wills.” (Sound Hâdîth, Abu Dawud)

Q: 2 IS IT ALLOWED TO SWEAR BY OTHER THAN ALLÂH ?
A:2 Swearing by other than Allâh is not allowed, the Almighty says: “Say, yea, by my Rabb, you shall surely be raised up.” (Qur’ân 64:7) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “He who swears by anything besides Allâh is guilty of association.” (Ahmad) “He who must take an oath should swear by Allâh or keep silent.” (Agreed upon)

ENTREATY AND REQUEST FOR INTERCESSION
Q: 1 BY WHAT SHOULD WE ENTREAT ALLÂH ?
A: l There are permissible and forbidden forms of entreating Allâh . The permissible and desired form of entreating (Allâh ) is to entreat by the names and attributes of Allâh and by (good) deeds. Allâh the Almighty says: “The most beautiful names belong to Allâh ; so call on Him by them.” (Qur’ân 7:180) Again in another verse He says: “Oh you who believe! Do your duty to Allâh , and seek the means of approach unto Him.” (I.e. Getting closer to Him by obeying Him, and with deeds for which He is pleased) (lbn Kathir has referred to it quoting from Qatadah). Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “I ask You by every name which belongs to You.” (Sound Hâdîth, Ahmad) And the saying of Allâh ’s Messenger r to the companion who sought to be with him in Paradise: “Assist me with yourself for this with much prostration (i.e. with SALAT, which is a righteous deed).” (Muslim)

It is permissible to entreat (Allâh ) by our love and Allâh ’s love for Allâh ’s Messenger r and the good deeds. As in the case of the story of the Companions of the Cave, who by their righteous deeds, entreated Allâh and Allâh granted them relief.

The forbidden entreaty is the supplication to those who are dead and asking them to provide for one’s needs as it is being done today. Such acts constitute the Greater Shirk because of the words of the Almighty “Nor call on any other than Allâh , such will neither profit you nor hurt you; if you lost, behold. You shall certainly be of those who do wrong.” (Qur’ân 10:106)

To entreat Allâh by the rank of the Messenger r such as the saying: “Oh Rabb, by the rank of Muhammad, heal me.” constitutes BID’AH (INNOVATION) because the companions of the Prophet r never did it. And because the Caliph Umar, in his supplication, entreated by Abbas while Abbas was alive and never entreated Allâh ’s Messenger r after the Messenger’s death. Such entreaty may lead to Shirk that is when one believes that Allâh needs a human intermediary like a prince or governor. For one has then likened the Creator to a created being.

Q: 2 DOES A PRAYER REQUIRE A HUMAN INTERMEDIARY?
A: 2 A prayer does not require a human intermediary, because the Almighty Allâh says: “When my servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them).” (Qur’ân 2:186) And the saying of Allâh ’s Messenger r: “You are calling unto one who hears and is close to you.” (Muslim)

Q: 3 IS IT ALLOWED TO ASK FOR A PRAYER FROM THOSE ALIVE?
A: 3 It is allowed to ask for prayer from those who are alive and not from the dead. Allâh the Almighty says: “And ask forgiveness for your fault and for the men and women who believe.” (Qur’ân 47:19) In a sound Hâdîth compiled by Tirmidhi it was reported that a blind man came to the Prophet r and said to him: “Pray to Allâh to cure me.”

Q: 4 WHAT IS THE MISSION OF ALLÂH S MESSENGER r?
A: 4 The Mission of Allâh ’s Messenger is the transmission of the divine message. The Almighty says: “O Messenger! Proclaim the (message) which has been sent to you from your Rabb.” (Qur’ân 5:67) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “We bear witness that you have delivered the message.” (Muslim)

Q: 5 FROM WHOM DO WE ASK FOR THE INTERCESSION OF ALLÂH S MESSENGER r?
A: 5 It is from Allâh that we ask for the intercession of the Messenger r. The Almighty says: “To Allâh belongs exclusively (the right to grant) intercession.” (Qur’ân 39:44) Allâh ’s Messenger r taught a companion to say: “O Rabb, grant him (the Prophet) the permission of intercession.” (Sound Hâdîth, Tirmidhi) Allâh ’s Messenger r said, “I have retained my prayer for intercession on the day of Judgment on behalf of those among my people who died having associated nothing with Allâh .” (Muslim)

Q: 6 SHOULD WE REQUEST FOR INTERCESSION FROM THOSE ALIVE?
A: 6 We request for intercession from those alive on worldly affairs. Allâh the Almighty says: “Whoever recommends and helps a good cause becomes a partner therein: And whoever recommends and helps an evil cause shares in its burden.” (Qur’ân 4:85) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Intercede and you shall be rewarded.” (Sound Hâdîth, Abu Dawud)

Q: 7 SHOULD WE OVER PRAISE ALLÂH ’S MESSENGER r?
A:7 We should not over praise him. Allâh the Almighty says: “Say: ‘I am but a man like yourselves but the inspiration has come to me, that your God is one God.’” (Qur’ân 18:l10) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Do not over praise me as the Christians have over praised Jesus, the son of Mary. I am only a man. Therefore say: ‘The servant and Messenger of Allâh .’” (Bukhâri)

RULING ON JIHAD AND WALAA (FRIENDSHIP) AND JUDJING

Q: 1 WHAT IS THE RULING CONCERNING JIHAD?
A: 1 JIHAD (i.e. struggling in the cause of Allâh ) is obligatory with one’s wealth, self and tongue. Allâh Almighty says: “Go forth (whether equipped) lightly or heavily, and strive and struggle with your goods and your people in the cause of Allâh .” (Qur’ân 9:41) Allâh ’s Messenger r said “Strive and struggle against those who associate a partner with Allâh with your goods, your people and your tongues.” (Sound Hâdîth, Abu Dawud)

Q: 2 WHAT IS WALAA?
A: 2 Al-WALAA means love and assisting (of one another). The Almighty says: “The believers, men and women are protectors of one another.” (Qur’ân 9:71). Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Believers are to or another like a building where each brick is supporting the other.” (Muslim)

Q:3 IS IT ALLOWED TO ASSIST AND MAKE FRIENDSHIP WITH THE UNBELIEVERS?
A:3 Friendship with the unbelievers and assisting them are not allowed. The Almighty says: “And he amongst that turns to them (for friendship) is of them.” (Qur’ân 5:51) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “The so-and-so clan or kinsfolk are not (necessarily) my friends.” (Sound Hâdîth, Ahmad)

Q: 4 WHO IS WALIY (SAINT)?
A: 4 A WALIY is any Pious believer. The Almighty says: “Behold, verily on the friends of Allâh there is no fear, nor shall they grieve; those who believe and (constantly) guard against evil.” (Qur’ân 10:62) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Allâh and the pious believers are only my friends.” (Sound Hâdîth, Ahmad)

Q: 5 WHAT SHOULD THE MUSLIMS JUDGE?
A: 5 Muslims should judge by the Qur’ân and the authentic Ahâdîth. The Almighty says “Judge between them by what Allâh has revealed.” (Qur’ân 5:49) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “The Knower of the Unseen and the Manifest You judge between Your servants.” (Muslim)

ACTING IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE QUR’ÂN AND THE HÂDÎTH
Q: 1 WHY DID ALLÂH SEND THE OUR’AN?
A:1 Allâh sent the Qur’ân for us to act in accordance with. The Almighty says: “Follow (O men) the revelation given unto you from your Rabb.” (Qur’ân 7:3) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Keep reading the Qur’ân and act in accordance with it and make it not a means of sustenance.” (Sound Hâdîth, Ahmad)

Q:2 WHAT IS THE RULING CONCERNING THE ACTING IN ACCORDANCE WITH A SOUND HÂDÎTH?
A: 2 Acting in accordance with a sound Hâdîth is obligatory as the Almighty says: “So take what the Messenger assigns to you and deny yourselves that which he withholds from you.” (Qur’ân 59:7) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Hold fast to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided Caliphs. Stick to them.” (Sound Hâdîth, Ahmad)

Q: 3 SHOULD WE HOLD ON TO THE OUR’AN AND DISPENSE WITH THE HÂDÎTH?
A: 3 We should hold on to the Qur’ân and should not dispense with the Hâdîth. Allâh the Almighty says: “And we have sent down unto you (also) the Message: that you may explain clearly to men what is sent for them.” (Qur’ân 16:44) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Verily, I have been given the Qur’ân and a likeness of it with it (i.e. the Sunnah).” (Sound Hâdîth, Abu Dawud and others)

Q: 4 SHOULD WE PUT WORDS AHEAD OF THE WORD OF ALLÂH AND HIS MESSENGER?
A: 4 We should not put any words ahead of the word of Allâh and His Messenger r because the Almighty says: “O you who believe! Put not yourselves forward before Allâh and His Messenger; but fear Allâh .” (Qur’ân 49:1) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Do not obey any one who disobeys the Creator.” (Sound Hâdîth, Tabrani) Ibn Abbas said: “I fear that stones from the sky may fall upon you. I say to you: 'Allâh ’s Messenger said and you say: Abu Bakr and Umar said!”

Q: 5 WHAT SHOULD WE DO WHEN WE DIFFER AMONG OURSELVES?
A: 5 We should turn to the Book of Allâh (the Holy Qur’ân ) and the Sound Tradition of the Prophet (the Sunnah). Allâh The Almighty says: “If you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allâh and His Messenger if you do believe in Allâh and the Last Day: that is best and most suitable far final determination.” (Qur’ân 4:59) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Hold fast to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided Caliphs and stick to them.” (Sound Hâdîth, Ahmad)

Q: 6 HOW DO YOU LOVE ALLÂH AND HIS MESSENGER?
A: 6 Love them by following them and obeying their commands. The Almighty says: “Say: if you do love Allâh , follow me: Allâh will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allâh is Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful.” (Qur’ân 3:31) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “None of you (truly) believes until I become dearer to him than his son, father and all people.” (Agreed Upon)

Q: 7 SHOULD WE GIVE UP DOING GOOD WORKS AND PUT OUR TRUST ON FATE?
A: 7 We should not give up good work because the Almighty says: “So he who gives (in charity) and fears (Allâh ) and (in all sincerity) testifies to the best, We will indeed make easy for him the path to bliss.” (Qur’ân 92:5) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Do (good) work for each (person) thrives according to that which is destined to him.” (Bukhâri and Muslim)

THE SUNNAH (PROPHETIC TRADITION) VERSUS BID'AH (INNOVATION)
Q:1 IS THERE “A GOOD INNOVATION” IN THE RELIGION?
A: 1 There is no good innovation in the Religion. Proof from the Qur’ân is the Saying of the Almighty: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed my favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islâm as your religion.” (Qur’ân 5:3) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Every innovation is misguidance and every misguidance is in Hell-fire.” (Sound Hâdîth, Ahmad and others)

Q: 2 WHAT IS BID'AH (INNOVATION) IN THE RELIGION?
A: 2 Innovation in the religion is to create additions or deletions in it. In objecting to the innovations of those who ascribe a partner with Him, Allâh the Almighty says: “What? Have they partners (in godhead) who have established for them some religion without the permission of Allâh ?” (Qur’ân . 42:21) Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “He whoever innovates something in our practices that is not of it will have it rejected.” (Agreed Upon)

Q: 3 IS THERE IN ISLÂM SUNNAH AL-HASANAH (HABITUAL PRACTICE SANCTIONED BY THE TRADITION)?
A: 3 Yes, there is Sunnat Al-Hasanah in Islâm . Allâh ’s Messenger r said: “Whoever introduces in Islâm Sunnat Al-Hasanah will have its reward and will also be rewarded for whoever acted by it without reducing anything from the rewards of those acting by it.” (Bukhâri)

Q: 4 WHEN WILL THE MUSLIMS BE VICTORIOUS?

A: 4 Muslims will achieve victory when they return to the application of the Book of their Rabb (the Qur’ân ) and the Sunnah of their Prophet r; and undertake the spreading of TAWHÎD (the Oneness of Allâh ); and warn against SHIRK (the associating of partners with Allâh ) in all its forms; and confront their enemies with all possible strength. The Almighty says: “O you who believe f if you will aid (the cause of) Allâh , He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly.” (Qur’ân 47:7) Again the Almighty says: “Allâh has promised to those among you who believe and do righteous deeds that He will, for a surety, grant them in the land inheritance (or power) as He granted it to those before them. That He will establish in authority their religion ¾ the one which He has chosen for them; and that He will change (their state) after the fear in which they (lived) to one of security and peace.” (Qur’ân 24:55)

irfi84

salaam walaikum brother

thanks for the info and all i am sorry for the thread that i started regarding this topic , salaam walaikum