Getting divorced

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:
You know what, surprisingly, my husband seems to be unhappy with me since he heard that my friend has been swearing at her husband and is a hardcore feminist. He told me that he is dubious about me, like what if I will try and behave like my friend. I don't blame him, he said that one is known by the company one keeps,
i tell you what sister even if it wasn't your friend and your husband had heard of something like this he would have had his doubts about you.may be he wouldn't have told you but it would have crossed his mind for sure.it happens with my mom n dad all the time.everytime she hears something related to girls who are ermwell not nice.she gets alil protective of us.but when we stay the way we are without complaining things come back to normal.

inshallah your family will always stay under ALLAH's mercy and you'll all remain contended.:hijabi:

Thanks again for you help and support, Plz plz plz, if you are married and have impatient husband, its your duty to please him, if he doesn't return the favor immediately, he will in a few years, trust me, its experience talking.
:lol:sister no.i'm far from being married.but thanks for the experience talk.jazakallah

DON'T BE A FEMINIST,
never was never will be inshallah.i only wish to have the power t cann people like that.they make life difficult for other ppl.

P.S. she isn't going to give in because she is surrounded by a feminist family who treat their husbands like dirt, so you know what i am talking about.
that sure is sad.though i'll still pray for her.ALLAH can do anything.if HE wants to guide her.her family can't do anything about it.poor guys.......men and women ought to respect eachother.

ya ALLAH we all need your guidance.:tti_sister:

a_stranger

:salam2:
She is not ready for a change, even now, she blames her husband for being impatient and rude to her. And as for the post no 10, i am not offended at all, i was her friend and did give her books to read on how to be soft and be a good wife, books about the prophets wives' life and such. Today my husband went to see her husband to try once more to persuade him to not divorce her but he told my husband was shocking. My husband came home with his jaw dropped and had red ears and face. When he asked him to forgive and be a bit more patient, her husband said that he has been sworn at with contempt countless times by his wife. I was really ashamed of calling her my friend infront of my husband and only words that i said were i would not swear or say such words even if he said them to me (he has never said anything like this to me).

I would like to take this opportunity to say something about my practice at home, it might help some sisters as it has helped me secure a special relationship with my husband.

I take care of his house, keep it clean and tidy.
I cook for him, wash for him and make sure his clothes are ready and ironed. I dont spend from his money even though he has allowed me to, unless its absolutely necessary, besides, he never forgets to take care of me.
If he comes back home angry (he is always angry when he is back) from his office, i just stay quiet, don't ask him any kind of questions and just smile and listen to him, after a few mins he starts smiling too :)
He has never found me or my things untidy or unpresentable or smelly for that matter so he takes care of himself to return the favor.
I aplogize even if it was his mistake and dont expect an apology, he has a big ego and I dont want him feel pinned.
I never stop him from disciplining our son, I never kiss and hug our son after he has been clipped for something really bad by his father (who by the way loves his son more than his life and it seldom happens), after all he is the father and he is doing it for our son's and our good.
And last but not the least, I always make him feel that HE IS OUR ULTIMATE LEADER after Allah's law.

Some people might call it slavery but infact I can say that with the grace of Allah, i have tasted such sweetness of marriage which only 1 in a 1000 couples would.

My husband has said that if my friend gets divorced, i will have to stop talking to her as he doesn't want a bad friend for his wife which could influence his 'hoor' of a wife (i just love it when he calls me that) and if he says so, then he is the leader and I will obey for on judgement day, i will be asked about my disobedience to my husband and i have already tried my best to help my friend. May Allah help her...

:wasalam:

:salam2: sister

You are showing the beauty of Islam : May Allah grant you a high degree in Janna. Allah swt teaches us how to make happy families but it is our fault when we ignore the teachings and ruin our families.