Getting Ridiculous

dianek

I read the below article and I am just really irritated that people make mountains out of mole hills. And equally irritated that something so innocent is making Scottish muslims protest. I find this on the level of Muslim clerics calling for a non-muslim person in a NON-MUSLIM country to be tried for insulting Mohammad. When will people realize that the WORLD is not under islamic law and you can't hold non-muslims ACCOUNTABLE for not holding or practicing your own beliefs. What happened to Tolerance people?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,374564,00.html

Salaam,

I always wondered where you got your news from. Almost every Western media tries to pick on Muslims and stir debates. I find it "ridiculous" that the media focuses on such a topic when you have Israeli's bulldozing and occupying Palestinian land, you have US soldiers trying to kill innocent Muslims whom they call "militants" & "insurgents", you have innocent Muslims in Guantanamo who receive no attention. We Muslims know they are trying to laser & bash Muslims & Islam. They do this for their own interest! Their history speaks for itself....

dianek

I'll see you that......I read the article about the Bulldozer incident in Israel and I was, probably to your disbelief....thinking, Well they get what they give......they do it to the Palestinians so turn about is fair play.......

Salem9022

Protesting is Forbidden in Islam, not everyone who is the Head of the Masjid around the World is knowledgable in Islam and the Qur'an and the Sunnah or have gotten the Opinions of Scholars. You can't blame them for doing what they do, they do this because of Emotions rather then Based upon Islam.

dianek

Speaking to my earlier post about the Muslim world holding non-muslims accountable for the muslim faith, please see below....

Nevermind I removed as I didn't see the end which even I found offensive...

dianek

Basically the video I just removed was someone denouncing how Europe is turning into apologists the muslim faith and how Muslim cleric are winning the cause to make insulting the islamic faith a crime in all society.......which he was stating to be wrong as we would not make it a crime if muslims were to insult christianity or Judaism... Anyhow....if everyone would just leave the other person alone....to each his own in their own affairs, the world would be a much better place....

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

The thing is that Muslims have to tell non muslims the messege of Islam. Its an obligation If they like it or they dont thats the issue, the issue is that the messege has to be said. Muslims will never insult the jewish faith or chrisatin faith with no reason. I'm all out for criticism but it has to be rational and logical which is not based on narrow views or personal opinions. It has to be based on sound evidence.

dianek

It still remains that you can't hold all people of the world hostage to your faith. So what if someone criticizes Jesus or Mohammad. They will have to pay for that in their afterlife....why do so many muslims demand the person to be punished in this life under the ideals of the islamic faith when that person neither lives in a muslim country or is muslim themselves? There is a gentleman on Youtube Pat Condell is his name....he is an equally opportunity insulter of ALL things religious but he is valid in points about the world stepping on egg shells not to piss off various faiths.... check him out sometime.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

nobody has the right of insulting anyone, constructive critcism is ok as long as it is based on sound evidence but just insulting peoples faith for the hell of it is not right and thats what a lot of people do when they criticize Jesus or Mohammad (pbut).

Its like what are they trying to achieve by criticising religious figures???

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
wow sister ,so much critisizing about Islam and Muslims from you recently ...
Please dont mix Islam as religion and Muslims as those who just represent it ..
And youtube or the fox news is the worst source to learn something ..
I advice you to educate yourself about Islam from better sources ..

waaleikum salam

a_brother

Make dua for us all
It still remains that you can't hold all people of the world hostage to your faith. So what if someone criticizes Jesus or Mohammad. They will have to pay for that in their afterlife....why do so many muslims demand the person to be punished in this life under the ideals of the islamic faith when that person neither lives in a muslim country or is muslim themselves? There is a gentleman on Youtube Pat Condell is his name....he is an equally opportunity insulter of ALL things religious but he is valid in points about the world stepping on egg shells not to piss off various faiths.... check him out sometime.

diane are you still a muslim?

are you trying to promote Pat Condell? why don't you tell us what attracted you to him, and we'll try to clear it up...

why do you always try to look at the faults of other... if i was to tell you to write for me a list of the wrong things you did in your life (small and big) how long would the list be?!... Diane, NO ONE is perfect... you look at muslims (people who are not perfect!)...

can you find anything wrong from the Quran???

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
sure we do ,but we use proper videos with correct information
I have 2 channels on youtube ,but I still will critisize youtube and I find it the worst source to learn something ..

waaleikum salam

dianek

I research all sides of everything....I just found him to be interesting.

I don't quiet know what I am anymore....disheartened definitely.

dianek

I have no negative opinions of the qu'ran whatsoever.....have I read it cover to cover NO. Have I read the Bible cover to cover NO.........I believe there is a God but I don't think he intended for all the world to fight over him......I am spiritual but as for identifiying myself any longer with one particular faith I can't do. I want a relationship with God. I will take the common threads of all three monotheistic religions and live by those guidelines. Because if it is in all 3 holy books, it must be truth.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

salam aleikum

Allah said in the Quran, “Verily Allah will never change the condition of a people until they change themselves” (13:11)

May be its time to look at ourselves ,instead of criticizing others and the whole world . Allah SWT will take care of everyone's fault and He is the perfect Judge ,He is the All-Knowing ...We all will be standing in front of Allah SWT and everyone will be responsible for their actions ,nobody will help us that day.
Its better to focus on our own faults ,our own life .Nobody guarantee us tomorrow ...

waaleikum salam

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

You need read the quran because it does not support certain things that the bible talks about like jesus dying for your sins, trinity and others. There are important differences between these books, if you read them you will see.

I will advice you to read.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
I research all sides of everything....I just found him to be interesting.

I don't quiet know what I am anymore....disheartened definitely.

You are a grown up sister... Don't let anyone spoon feed you...

take a break sister, as i mentioned before... when one is tired, he goes to sleep... "the brain" needs a break too!... you'll be able to think "out of the box" at that point, and been more efficient...

dianek

Salaam

You need read the quran because it does not support certain things that the bible talks about like jesus dying for your sins, trinity and others. There are important differences between these books, if you read them you will see.

I will advice you to read.

Not stupid, I know that. But I won't swallow the hadiths.......can't do it!