Getting the most out of ramadan

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Jazaak Allahu Kharin.

I must add the section on avoiding useless behavior was very pertinent to me. I will do my best Insha'Allah to avoid useless speech.

ummrayhan

SIGNS.... Ramadan

:salam2:
SIGNS THAT RAMADAN HAS BEEN ACCEPTED....
Following good deeds with good deed is a sign that (this act) has been accepted, whether it is pertaining to Ramadan or other that it. If the muslim is in good state after Ramadan, performing many good deeds and righteous actions, then this is a proof of acceptance.

SIGNS THAT RAMADAN HASN'T BEEN ACCEPTED...
If the opposite is true, and he follows good with evil, and as soon as Ramadan is over he follows on from this with sins, heedlessness and turning away from the obedience of Allah (SWT), then this is a proof that it hasn't been accepted.
Every person knows their true situation after Ramadan. So let them look, if they are in a better state, then let them thank Allah (SWT), as this shows (that it has been) accepted. If their state is worse, then let them repent to Allah (SWT) and seek the forgivness of Allah (SWT), as this is a proof that it hasn't been accepted and it is a proof negligence and carelessness.

Hope this is benificial for everyone.
May Allah (SWT) except everyones ramadan and make this month most blessed for you and your family
:wasalam:

Abu Ibrahim

This is certainly a great month.

This is such a great month, and it's a great blessing that Allah has given us this chance to renew our spirits, remove our sins, and redo our character.

Inshallah, I hope all of you get the most out of this blessed month.

What do you think is the best thing about Ramadan for you?

Some people love the unity of breaking fast together, some love the sacrifice, some love the extra prayers, some love completing the quran.

But what is YOUR favorite aspect of Ramadan?

Here are some wonderful Islamic events connected to Ramadan:

1. The Night of Power - It's amazing that so few non-Muslims know anything about the best night of the year. Many know about Ramadan, but are completely ignorant of Laylatul Qadr

2. Zakah - Ramadan is also the month where you can purify your wealth and share some of your sustenance with others.

3. Eid ul Fitr - This is a great holiday for us all. I'm sure your kids and family look forward to the two Eid's. And it's a time for Muslims to be united for at least a day.

So people...the question remains.

What is your favorite part of the whole Ramadan experience?