Giving Excuses to NonMuslims?

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

My message is in context of the doubts in many Muslims' minds whether they can give any excuse to nonMuslims, for their any obligatory Islamic act, such as fasting, prayer etc.

For example:
If some Muslim is Fasting, then he might be asked by nonMuslims around him about why he is not going to take lunch with them. In response, that Muslim does not tell that he is fasting, but he gives them some excuses (lies), such as he has trouble in stomach etc.​

OR

If you have to go to offer obligatory prayer, then you have to tell your colleagues that you are going to washroom etc.​

Are you really that shy of being Muslims?
Do you really feel shameful in front of nonMuslims that you cant even tell them "Yes, I am fasting; Yes I am going to offer my prayer, Because I am different, I am a MUSLIM".

The first perception of many nonMuslims may happen to be like following:

1- They observed a Muslims, then they thought he is odd/different.

2- They felt awkward, why does he pray 5 times, or why does he do certain things the certain way.

3- This strange perception about that Muslim caused them to be curious to know what is actually that faith he has, that he leave anything just to praise his God, what kid of God is that this Muslim person is so much dedicated about?

4- This curiosity or strange feeling motivates the people around that Muslim to study about Islam. (what is Islam OR what the heck is that religion which makes this guy so much dedicated).

5- They study Islam.

6- Many of them find truth of Islam.​

Why the heck will anybody get inspiration from the character of Muslims if Muslims themselves are "NO DIFFERENT"???

Please remember:

Allah (swt) says in the Qur’an: Say, (O Muhammad):

“If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your relatives, wealth which you have obtained, commerce wherein you fear decline, and dwellings with which you are pleased are more beloved to you than Allah and His Messenger and Jihad (i.e. striving) in His cause, then wait until Allah executes His command.

(Quran 9:24)

May Allah SWT have mercy on me that I follow the best way and May Allah SWT have mercy on all of you to follow the best way.

WassalaamuAlaikum WRWB.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

My message is not pointing to anyone. Many Muslims use such excuses, so I thought to motivate them as well as myself.

I must acknowledge that, even many Muslims give excuses in their good intention and they dont mean to tell lies, but we should strive to the maximum extent that we avoid such lies and minimize our excuses.

Wassalaam