Glogi - Finnish hot drink

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
1529_article.jpg

250 ml good quality red grape or blackcurrant juice (or half of both)
about 3 - 5 cm piece of cinnamon stick
2 - 3 whole cloves
5 - 7 whole cardamom seeds
very small piece of fresh ginger or a pinch of ginger powder
a few thin strips of fresh orange peel

for serving:
5 - 6 almonds
about 6 - 8 dark raisins

With a vegetable peeler, peel a few thin slices of the zest of a thoroughly washed and brushed orange — preferably use organically grown fruit. Scald and peel the almonds.

Pour the juice(s) in a small saucepan. Add the cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom seeds, allspice berries, ginger and the orange peel strips. Bring the mixture just to the boil and turn off the heat. To enhance the flavour, allow the spices to steep in the hot juice for a few minutes. Reheat before serving, if necessary.

Drop some almonds and raisins in a serving mug or a tea-glass with a spoon in it and strain the hot glögg over. Serve immediately.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Thank you!

1529_article.jpg

:salam2:

:ma:
From the look of it i can tell it taste
sssuper good.:SMILY126:

Thank you for sharing
this sister
:jazaak:

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Its Finnish name is Glögi (o with two dots) but I think most of you don´t use Scandinavic letters, so easier to say just "glogi".

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Sister Harb, I do not like hot drinks at all.
But insha'Allah I will try this one just for you <3

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

I love the name Glogi !

^LOL! I actually chuckled when I saw it and just had to check out what it was.. Glogi. Hehe! sounds funny(dont mean it in an offensive way, ukhti harb:)).

Sister harb, how does it taste without the cinnamon and cloves..and possibly the cardamom seeds? Don't really like having those stuff in my drinks..

UmmTalal

Alhumdullah!
Wa Alaykum Salam mashAllah sis this looks good <3 To bad I can not get black current anything here :(