gloval peace & unity event waaahhh!!!

Dawoodi

salamu alikum w

i just saw a video of the event, and i must say cuple of thing i saw on it were wooohoooo out of the sunnah and islam i must say i feel so sad.

may Allah subhanah wata'allah gide them.

what do u think about it?

salamu alikum

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

considering the lineup of speakers I guessed it would be from before.

I have seen some worrying statements by some of those people, including Yvonne (her over-praising of the thinker Syed Qutb in a recent article),

Wallahu A'lam it is important for our Muslim brothers and sisters to try and relate more to actual scholars of the Quran and Sunnah.

waslam

Dawoodi

salam w

salam walaikum

""" in London, U.K., on the 26th of Nov. 2006. The Global Peace and Unity Event is the largest gathering of Muslims in the Western world"""

i saw some of the speakers and yes many staments were really bad and besides the music it looks like a concert of pop stars, stafirulah!

the audience was screaming and wisiling, claping like mad and dancing.

with the excuse of unity they are making halal what is haram.

shame shame shame!!!!11

salamu alikum w.

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
:salam2:
May Allah protect us from such Satanic acts.Previous nations were destroyed bcoz they changed the word of God.

Globalpeace

Banned
Global Peace & Unity Event!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I just searched and read up on this event...

What can I say so many speakers, Nasheed Artists (dudes/dudetts), Imam of Haram, but as they used to say in the 60's: it ain't really my bag BABY!

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
They may be doing what is Haram (I don't think so, but meh), but I'm glad that there's a gathering of Muslims. It helps motivate the Muslim Community. They may be thinking "We should help people stay with Allah/turn to Him no matter what".

samiha

---------
Staff member
assalamu alaykum.

Hey u all, i wasn't at the Global Peace Unity event, being across the ocean of course, but I've gotten sour of "Islamic Conventions"

I went to this years ISNA Convention. I realize that there being so many people may have attributed to the fact that things weren't managed as well, but I mean I wouldn't go again. Truth of the matter actually.

I spent the entire time walking through crowded halls trying to find the right room, walking into the room only to find that the speaker is late. Or we have the best subjects on at the same time. Or the fact that there are so many topics that are off the topics of Tawheed and Aqeedah and more that are pointing to Islam and Media, Terrorism and Islam.

I realize that these are important in present day, but if a person has no TAWHEED, why would it matter how much he or she knew about the Media? Why would it mattered how much he or she could defend Terrorism?

Islam is rooted in some things, and I feel that these things were not given enough attention.

People talking so much. Women not covered properly walking and mixing freely with the men. Seemed like more people came to the convention to go to the Bazaar than to listen to the lectures. Open socialization, I didn't like the bazaar, too many people, too close, too crowded... i got samples of stuff handed to me everywhere... I gotta admit that was a bit interesting... ;)

all my opinion, I dont know about This conference, thus I can't judge, but on the whole, i don't like these things much.

Wassalam.

Dawoodi

sw

salam walaikum w.

wheo this is the idea....do u know how can some one lie better? simple just use as much as true as u can and twist it in a very sutil way.

this is an example of why this gatherings are so bad... yes i know some speakers were good... and in general the idea of unity its ok but......

in a very sutil way they introduce bidah big time!!

one speaker said it was ok to be sufi or shia or any other grop as long u muslim .....woohoo unityyy ...yeah rigth!!!!!:astag:

another a pop star say hey i'm brave enough to bring for the first time a woman singer to the stage... and woohoooo its ok to play haram instruments my school alaw it i'm sufiiiii.....yeah rigth!!!!:astag:

ohh yeah what about the claping wisiling and dancing.....yeahhh men in front of all the male muslims no problem ...yeah rigth!!!!!!:astag:

do u want me to continue? weo for u who think its ok be aware of ignorance the line its very thin.

i know many of this events ... when i was new in islam i was atracted to them until i gain a bit of understanding.

but what do u spect if it was organice by beardless brothers and non jiyab sisters so call liberal muslims, with a cuple of dollars from the goverment.

:angryred:

salam walaikum w

Kashmiri

Subhanallah they calling to Allah Subhanhuwatala in a haram way. Brother i think it was wrong and was clearly going against the sunnah. Girls in hijabs wearing makeup, women speakers Subhanallah girls screaming cheering? etc Pls someome show me a hadith stating WHERE ALL OF THIS IS ALOWED!

Whats going on these are clearly signs of what our Beloved messenger salallahualayahi wasalaam said that there would be a time where holding onto the sunnah would be like holding on to hot coal!

And Sister yvone????? (not just her but also other women) Subahnallah women are not alowwed to be on tv? Sister needs to wear an abaya:shymuslima1: May Allah Subhanhuwatala show her a better understanding of the deen ameen

I seek refuge with Allah!

Pls read this inshallah

The virtue of adhering to the Sunnah at times of widespread evil

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=89878&ln=eng

Wa Alaykum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu

Kashmiri

another a pop star say hey i'm brave enough to bring for the first time a woman singer to the stage... and woohoooo its ok to play haram instruments my school alaw it i'm sufiiiii.....yeah rigth!!!!:astag:

LA ILAA HA ILALA!!!!

:tti_sister: May Allah Subhanhuwatala help this ummah verily the hour is near.

Wa Alaykum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Subhanallah they calling to Allah Subhanhuwatala in a haram way. Brother i think it was wrong and was clearly going against the sunnah. Girls in hijabs wearing makeup, women speakers Subhanallah girls screaming cheering? etc Pls someome show me a hadith stating WHERE ALL OF THIS IS ALOWED!

Huh!? Where is it stated that women aren't allowed to speak and teach the Ummah? The Qur'an and the Sunnah are like the brain and the rest of the body, respectively. The Sunnah cannot forbid what the Qur'an does not.

The whole makeup thing of course is obvious, but women speakers? That's definatly allowed by Allah according to His Qur'an (the main source for Religious Jurisdiction).

Kayote

Huh!? Where is it stated that women aren't allowed to speak and teach the Ummah? The Qur'an and the Sunnah are like the brain and the rest of the body, respectively. The Sunnah cannot forbid what the Qur'an does not.

The whole makeup thing of course is obvious, but women speakers? That's definatly allowed by Allah according to His Qur'an (the main source for Religious Jurisdiction).

Women are allowed & have an active part to play in the community. But it is different to men's.

But I have to agree with Kashmiri about the women dancing, is that not mockery?

:wasalam: