Going To Syria

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
Well it's official I'm going to Syria, wahoo!!!!!! The only bad thing...well sorta, is that we were planning on going to england, but we have to put that off for a bit, probably won't be able to go until next year, but we'll see.
My husband and I are leaving inshAllah on Sept 30th and will be back on Jan 30th, so we'll be there for both of the Eids inshAllah. This is my first long distance trip so I'm extremely excited!!!! And whats even more exciting is being able to spend part of Ramadan there, yah.
OK I do have a question after all this talk. Has anyone here been to Syria before? it's been 6 years since my husband has been there, so I'm sure things have changed at least a little bit. Or are there any tips anyone could give me about Syria or the 23 hour trip we'll be making??
:) thanks
:wasalam:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

MashaAllah
I'm so happy for you sister.InshaAllah u will have a wonderful trip,and u will be there in Ramadan,thats beautiful...
:):):)
waaleikum salam

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
You will be astonished to how inexpensive life there is. People are very kind there. Although in Ramadan people in the middle east, especially in Syria, tend to mix the religious practices of Ramadan with parites and gatherings that are sometimes unIslamic at all. However, there are still other great places to go and gatherings and it's you who choose at the end ;)
I wish u a happy trip sister :)

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
This is great news sister!

I think you will enjoy ramadan in a muslim country more than England.

You will have to let us sisters know when you are coming to the UK!

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Congrats sis,

Enjoy your trip to Syria

Syria had a very rich Islamic history.
Specially that of Sutan Salahuddin Ayubi.Who won jerusaalemfrom Crusaders.May Allah reward him,Ameen.

Hope u will share with us abt ur trip.
We will be waiting 4 ur post.

abdellah007

salam

salam alayki sister jabba,
well i wish u a good trip. what i can say is the only thing u will like is ramadan athmosphere and also the EIDS. u gonna see the brotherhood of muslims.

wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister, Allah subhana talla has given you a fortune. Enjoy and learn. You will see the meaning of Muslim hospitality. Please eat a date for me when you first arrive. Wow..go girl!!

Globalpeace

Banned
Syria

Asslamo Allaikum,

Beautiful country, SUPERB people, GREAT atmosphere, cheap and plentiful, GREAT sense of humour (like the Egyptians)

EXCEPT

For the Shia! Watch your BACK (& I mean it!); some of them carry weapons in person & cars...And they DON'T LIKE SUNNES (make no mistakes about it!)

Walk around Damascus in the night & it is ABSOLUTELY serene!

If your are into star-gazing and enjoying the beautiful sky...drive out of Damascus on a clear night & you will love it.

If you take Syrian Airlines, it connects through Heathrow & Syrian Airlines gives a free stay-over in UK. Have you checked?

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

Thanks everyone!!! I'm really greatful I have the oppertunity to experience a different culture and a different country, inshAllah I'll come back with lots of interesting stories.
Brother GP thats a neat gimick they offer, but my hubby needs a visa to stay a night in the UK, so we'll just go straight through, but thats good to know.