graDUation BAll DillEMa..

maYRam

assalamu alaikum!

i have a problem and i hope my sisters here can help me..
i have an upcoming graduation ball on the 25th and as a school tradition, we should wear a cocktail dress..

As a not so new and being the only Muslimah in my University, i know i will be an outcast there.. CAN MY SISTERS SUGGEST WHAT I SHOULD WEAR ON THAT EVENT?

thank u so much!!
May Allah bless us all.. :hijabi:

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah

I agree with sister Basicofislam ... These dances usually contain many haraam aspects such as Music, Mixing, Alcohol, etc

How much does your need to go compare to the need to preserve Imaan? Because as you said, you're the only Muslimah, this already is not an ideal situation. And going to these places, surrounding yourself with these people... I don't believe that will bring about any good from experience - not to mention it probably isnt allowed.

We Muslims are different, we are strangers in this life, and Allaah has showered glad tidings upon such strangers -- so you shouldn't worry about being an outcast. Being unique, standing up for what you believe in, never compromising your Deen, these are all aspects of being a Muslim. The honor and blessings that Allaah have given us, we should not throw them away for entertainment or enjoyment.

This is just how I feel. Allaah knows best sis, but what are the benefits of going may I ask?

wasalam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
As a not so new and being the only Muslimah in my University, i know i will be an outcast there..

"Islam began strange and it will return to being strange as it began, so Tuba for the strangers."
(Muslim; Ahmad; Tirmidhi)

so feel honoured that you are a stranger. Allah will bless them with Tuba tree in Jannah. a place with all fun and enjoyment and no worries and duties.