Greek Cypriot Revert in the UK!!!

Savas

As salaamu alaikum.

Hi, im Savas.
Im a Greek Cypriot revert living in the West Midlands UK.
I came to the UK when i was a baby as a refugee, after the (USA / UK sponsored) Turkish invasion of Cyprus.
I grew up in a devout Greek Orthodox family & community & even contemplated becoming a priest.
I think i found it much easier than other reverts did to revert to Islam as many of the practices are very similiar.
As a Greek Orthodox Christian i would pray several times a day at percific times towards the east using prostrations.
I would fast for 40 days during lent & every wednesday & friday.
So why did i revert???
Simple, the Trinitarian doctrine & worship to Mary & Icons was always a problem to me.
As i started to mix with mainly Lebanese, Palestinian, Moroccan, Pakistani people, i started to take an interest in Islam.
Even though i still have a lot to learn, i feel i have finaly found the peace that i lacked & the answers i was searching for in Islam.

Wa salaam
Savas

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
We alejkum selam
Welcome brother to TTI and congratulation for reverting to islam
I can sure you that you have found the right and the only true
religion ,islam.May ALL-LLAH Almighty guide you so much more
in islam.Have a great time here brother.Wes-selam alejkum

Kakorot

Wa'alaykum asalaam (and to you be peace).

Alhamdulillaah (praise be to Allaah) that He has guided you to His Straight Path. MashaAllaah (because Allaah willed). Just a piece of advise, make sure that you stick around the right crowd InshaAllaah (God willing) because having righteous company is very important, as we all get very easily influenced by those who are around us.

hana*

truely God guides whom He wills, which is the exact reason He chose for you to come here- He had a Master Plan for you :mashallah:

congratulations on your reversion and welcome aboard

wa'alaikum asalam

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
wa alaikom assalam

welcome home my brother and congratulations you found truth and peace
I have many Orthodox friends on internet I may ask you some Qs when need =)

May Allah keep you on the right way

welcome again !

Savas

wa alaikom assalam

welcome home my brother and congratulations you found truth and peace
I have many Orthodox friends on internet I may ask you some Qs when need =)

May Allah keep you on the right way

welcome again !

Thankyou.

No problem, anything you wish to know when talking with your Orthodox friends, just ask & if i know the answer, i'll gladly help.
Maybe i might need to ask you some question's too.
Wa salaam Savas.

canab1973

Wa, alaykum salam wr wb my brother, welcome to Islam and congratulations. May Allah keep you on his right way of Islam.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Thankyou.

No problem, anything you wish to know when talking with your Orthodox friends, just ask & if i know the answer, i'll gladly help.
Maybe i might need to ask you some question's too.
Wa salaam Savas.

Thanks my brother .
If you have any question you can ask me Insha'a Allah I'll have the answer .
although I know what the Qs are about , here I used to be asked about my country SA and women here and the rules applied here .

I know the most have a " dark idea " about us , I don't care because al7amdulillah we live in love and peace :)

Savas

Salaam

Thanks my brother .
If you have any question you can ask me Insha'a Allah I'll have the answer .
although I know what the Qs are about , here I used to be asked about my country SA and women here and the rules applied here .

I know the most have a " dark idea " about us , I don't care because al7amdulillah we live in love and peace :)

Why do they have "dark ideas" about your country?
My sister has lived in Dubai for 5 years & she has been to Saudi Arabia & Oman & had no problems.
I meant questions about Islam as i still have so much to learn.
What sort of questions do you have for when you talk with your Orthodox friends?

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Why do they have "dark ideas" about your country?
My sister has lived in Dubai for 5 years & she has been to Saudi Arabia & Oman & had no problems.
I meant questions about Islam as i still have so much to learn.
What sort of questions do you have for when you talk with your Orthodox friends?

Do you ask me why ?? I think you the west knows the answer , the media has played the biggest role to give a bad image about us .

Ok about Qs about Islam here we all help each other , you can just post your question and you'll get the answer soon insha'a Allah :)

one of them is a Russian , he kept on saying bad things about the prophet Muhammad - Peace be upon him - , I think he has already studied Islam but in the wrong way , he seems only has got the information in a wrong way .

And about Esa ( Jesus ) - peace be upon him - , another one is a christian ( I think he is an orthodox as well ) , he doesn't like saying about Esa he is a prophet , he said he is son of God as he believes and he wants me to believe in that , and he always says strange things about saints =)

so let me ask you , how did u change your idea about Esa PBUH ? how did u believe in him as a Prophet not a son of God ?

I was reading in Arabian forums many discussions with Arab Christians ( and Moslims always the winner ! ) I concluded that I really need to improve my knowldge about christianity before I talk with its followers .

Savas

My best answer

Do you ask me why ?? I think you the west knows the answer , the media has played the biggest role to give a bad image about us .

Ok about Qs about Islam here we all help each other , you can just post your question and you'll get the answer soon insha'a Allah :)

one of them is a Russian , he kept on saying bad things about the prophet Muhammad - Peace be upon him - , I think he has already studied Islam but in the wrong way , he seems only has got the information in a wrong way .

And about Esa ( Jesus ) - peace be upon him - , another one is a christian ( I think he is an orthodox as well ) , he doesn't like saying about Esa he is a prophet , he said he is son of God as he believes and he wants me to believe in that , and he always says strange things about saints =)

so let me ask you , how did u change your idea about Esa PBUH ? how did u believe in him as a Prophet not a son of God ?

I was reading in Arabian forums many discussions with Arab Christians ( and Moslims always the winner ! ) I concluded that I really need to improve my knowldge about christianity before I talk with its followers .

Ok, i'll try my best to answer you.

As i said above, i was born & grew up as a Greek Orthodox Christian.
As an Orthodox Christian i would pray several times a day (6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12am) called the hours.
Orthodox Christians also prostrate in prayer facing east.
I would also fast for 40 days at Lent, also every wednesday & friday.
We even use a prayer rope with 33 beads & a tassel when reciting the attributes of God.
There were many similiarities with the way an Orthodox Christian practices religion with the way a Muslim does.
The reason i reverted is simple.
I always had a problem with the idea of the Trinity.
It just didn't make sense to me.
How could Jesus be God, Gods son & then die & then come back to life.
Why would Jesus pray to God if he was also God.
Also the worship of Mary & Icons didn't seem right to me.

Savas

Also

Apart from my problem with the idea of the Trinity, worship of Mary & Icons (religious pictures) i started to feel that Muslims & Islam was closer to how early Christians & Christianity.
The first 400 years of Christianity, Christians called Jesus (pbuh) the servant of God, not the Son of God.
Christians never used Icons & when they started to in the 4th centuary, there were wars over it but the suporters of Icons won.
From the begining until the last 20 years, Orthodox Christian women dressed like Mary (how Muslim women dress with hijab) & our Churches didnt have chairs because we are supose to prostrate.
As i started to look more towards Islam for answers, i began to see things more clear.
I could see how Christians had allowed man made ideas & laws to change Christianity from how it was in the begining.
So i came home to my Gods religion ISLAM
:sal

maYRam

:salam2:
alhamd'Allah he guided u towards the right path..
congratulations on ur reversion!
i'm so happy for you!
we're always here for you whenever u need us!
insha'Allah u'll enjoy here!
:hijabi:
:wasalam:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Apart from my problem with the idea of the Trinity, worship of Mary & Icons (religious pictures) i started to feel that Muslims & Islam was closer to how early Christians & Christianity.
The first 400 years of Christianity, Christians called Jesus (pbuh) the servant of God, not the Son of God.
Christians never used Icons & when they started to in the 4th centuary, there were wars over it but the suporters of Icons won.
From the begining until the last 20 years, Orthodox Christian women dressed like Mary (how Muslim women dress with hijab) & our Churches didnt have chairs because we are supose to prostrate.
As i started to look more towards Islam for answers, i began to see things more clear.
I could see how Christians had allowed man made ideas & laws to change Christianity from how it was in the begining.
So i came home to my Gods religion ISLAM
:sal

Oh I got it thanks .
he always says you Moslims don't understand the Trinity :rolleyes:

Thanks 4 answer again .

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Maa shaa' Allaah. Welcome to the site akhi, inshaa' Allaah you'll benefit here and be a source of benefit for others.

Was-salaam

Savas

What Trinity?

Oh I got it thanks .
he always says you Moslims don't understand the Trinity :rolleyes:

Thanks 4 answer again .

How are Muslims supose to understand the Trinity when not many Christians do :-D:-D:-D

I would love to exchange views with these Arab Orthodox Christians because as a former Greek Orthodox Christian who studied & practiced devoutly before reverting to Islam, they wouldnt be able to use any of their stupid ideas against me.
The simple answer is this.
How can somebody be the son of himself & have a 3rd that comes from the other 2?
How can 3 divided entities be 1 united undivided entity.
Its such a stupid idea & i cant believe its believed by over 2 billion people & has been accepted for over 2000 years.