gym with nasheed: is it allowed?

Ukht2

Assalam Aleycum to all of you,
i just would like to ask you a question: i teach gentle gym to some sisters and recently one of these asked to me to put a nasheed cd as background to our class..so i am wondering if it is allowed and in this case if it is reccomanded....
many thanks, ukht2

ps:eek:f course i am talking about halal nasheed ,the one with no music..

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
Assalam Aleycum to all of you,
i just would like to ask you a question: i teach gentle gym to some sisters and recently one of these asked to me to put a nasheed cd as background to our class..so i am wondering if it is allowed and in this case if it is reccomanded....
many thanks, ukht2

ps:eek:f course i am talking about halal nasheed ,the one with no music..

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu,

I don't know the ruling on it, as such..

However, I wouldn't! If you can actually find a nasheed without music :biggrin:, it has words in that are praising Allah, mentioning the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam), and some even include a little Qur'anic recitation. I would think it disrespectful. If it has any Qur'anic recitation in, it is our obligation to listen to it. If it mentions the beloved Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam).. everyone in class better be prepared to send blessings to him, etc. etc...

... just my 2 cents worth.

I'd love to hear what others think/know about this.

As-salaamu'alaykum

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2: ukhti!!

I've been looking for a fatwa about it but nothing. :(
I agree with sister Amtullah... what sense would be since in the nasheeds as well there are words from the Qur'an and mentioning of the Prophet :saw: .... then in the real islamic nasheeds there's a bit of remembrance of our deen.... would you really be concentrate on it while "moving"? :confused: Let's leave what we have doubts about and follow what is free of them(doubts) insh'Allah.

Ukht2

assalam aleycum sisters many thanks to give me your opinion! now i have the right conclusion inshallah! ma salama ukht2