hadith

lovefordeen

assalaamu alaikum wa rahmathulahi wa barakathuhu

‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Allaah has cursed the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows (al-naamisah) and the one who has it done (al-mutanammisah), and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.”

i used to pluck my eyebrows till recently,Asthagfirulah and i do regret that..i hope that women don't do this and husbands don't let their wives do it either

assalamu alaikum

sister_solider

Can you plz tell me where in the Quran.....that it says can not pluck eyebrows? If I couldnt do my eyebrows .....OMgoodness.....I wouldnt know what to do.

lovefordeen

Can you plz tell me where in the Quran.....that it says can not pluck eyebrows? If I couldnt do my eyebrows .....OMgoodness.....I wouldnt know what to do.

assalaamu alaikum sister

masha'allah u seem to be keen to follow the Qur'an...

nowhere in the Qur'an is it mentioned about plucking eyebrows...

But Allah swt says in the Qur'an to obey His Messenger(saws)..

Allah swt says in the Qur'an...

Say: "Obey Allah and His Messenger.: But if they turn back, Allah loveth not those who reject Faith."(3:32)

as translated by yusuf ali

if Allah's messenger Muhammed (saws) has cursed the women who pluck eyebrows,tattoos herself and the women who do this for another woman,then we have to obey him(saws) by not plucking our eyebrows and tattooing..

and by obeyng Allah's messenger(saws),we obey Allah and by disobeying Allah's messenger(saws),we disobey Allah..

i hope its' clear to you now sister..

assallamu alaikum

lovefordeen

assalaamu alaikum sister

i found this video by sheikh salah of huda tv...his explanation of the prohibition is obviously better than mine...

http://youtu.be/9gNevpKwKGs

sorry that the eyebrow part comes towards the end of the video...

can anybody plz help me in embedding a video here..i have tried many times,but failed...

jazakallah khairan