Haircuts

adz_222

Asalamualaikum Brothers and Sisters.
I havent posted in a long time and had a question about haircut for men.
I like to cut my hair from the sides and leave the top and just wanted to know if that was haram? Its just i like my hair to look good i dont do it for anyone but for myself and im very certain that the prophet pbuh said to look after your hair but he also said dont imitate the kaffir? Can someone help me on this? jazakallah khair

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Assalamu Alaykum,

Forbidden Haircuts

Hadith - Bukhari 7:803, Narrated Ubaidullah bin Hafs

that 'Umar bin Nafi' told him that Nafi', Maula 'Abdullah had heard 'Umar saying, "I heard Allah's Apostle forbidding Al-Qaza'." 'Ubaidullah added: I said, "What is Al-Qaza'?" 'Ubaidullah pointed (towards his head) to show us and added, "Nafi' said, 'It is when a boy has his head shaved leaving a tuft of hair here and a tuft of hair there." Ubaidullah pointed towards his forehead and the sides of his head. 'Ubaidullah was asked, "Does this apply to both girls and boys?" He said, "I don't know," but Nafi' said, -The boy." 'Ubaidullah added, "I asked Nafi' again, and he said, 'As for leaving hair on the temples and the back part of the boy's head, there is no harm, but Al-Qaza' is to leave a tuft of hair on his forehead unshaved while there is no hair on the rest of his head, and also to leave hair on either side of his head.'

adz_222

jazakallah khair for the reply. im kind of confused now as to wat to do with my hair. ive been gettin it like this for like 4-5 years. i try to stay away from the major sins but i guess no1 is perfect. allah knows best