Halal Food help

komal

Hi, I work at burger king and really need this to be answered. Would a big fish burger be considered halal if its cooked in the same oil as chicken. We only cook chicken and fish together and thats it and we make the fries seperate. And we also use vegetable oil. Can someone please answer this for me.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
Depends on who killed the chicken. Remember that fish is always Halal (as most scholars believe) but if the chicken wasn't killed by a Christian, Jew, or Muslim, or if the chicken was killed in a bad way (I.E. slamming it against a wall; something that Western Meat Sellers usually do) then it is Haram and so is the chicken.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam

Not if the Chicken is haram and the Oil is not Animal fat.

Fast food sucks anyway. If Muslim going to eat from a non-Muslim place.. ask following questions.

1. Did they cut those "Vegetarian" sandwiches using the same knife they spread greasy lard over the bacon sandwiches?

2. Did they fry those chips/fries in same oil that they dunked their sick haram sausages.

Obviously, there other hygenic questions and factors you should look into, I dont trust these places anyway. Even Muslim owned ones, mainly due to cleanliness and preperation of food. i.e they dont wash vegetables, they dont keep place clean, they dont wash or cut the fat off the meat before preparing it, they use old meat etc So many things....

Although, there some really good clean halal restaurants I love to go to, and have really high standard, but they not in UK. :p I dont think the culture over here demands that level of scrutiny.

muslim forever

:salam2:
should muslims work and surve haram foods

with alchol nobody get any were close to it but
it comen to work at mc donals ect

komal

Well the chicken was probably killed by a christian or a jew and the vegetables already come cut and trust me, I make the fries and nobody dumps a sausage in the fryer for the fries. And also buger king as actually a very clean place.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Well the chicken was probably killed by a christian or a jew and the vegetables already come cut and trust me, I make the fries and nobody dumps a sausage in the fryer for the fries. And also buger king as actually a very clean place.

Assalamu Alaykum
This is a problem in Western Countries when it comes to Halal/Haram foods: the mixing of religions. There's a growing number of Atheists in America, and also remember how diverse this country is. The Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) warned us to stay away from doubtful matters. You'd be taking a big risk...

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
SALAM

WELL ITS STRAIGHT UP HARAM. EVEN WHEN I GO TO PIZZA HUTT I TELL THEM NOT TO CUT THE PIZZA CUZ THEY USE THE SAME KNIFE FOR EVERY PIZZA. I GUESS EVERYWHERE IN A NON-MUSLIM COUNTRY YOU GOTTA BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ORDER:SMILY149:

Fahim01

Asalamu alaikum akhi wa oukhti

There is one little thing here what need some attention...

It is truth that we can eat (cow, chicken) meat slaught by jahudi or christian.
BUT!!! on a few conditions!!!! That the jahudi or christian slaught the meat on the islamic way with the islamic rituals

"And the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them" (5:5).

This is the qoranic proof that we can

But since i don't know any big food company in the west like McD and KFC and Burger king who does this type of slaughtering it is better to stay away from it.

BUT NOW....
More important information to stay away from it

“Hafiz ibn Jawzi (RA) has narrated with his Sanad (chain of narrators) from Ali, Radi-Allahu anhu, 'Do not consume the slaughter of the Christians of Banu Taghlib since they have not held to any more of Christianity than their drinking of wine.'” (Ibid pg.460 - from Tafseer Mazhari)

From this hadeeth and others we can learn that most of the christian and jahudi become Mushrikoen or atheists.

Like christians who said that Isa as is the son of Allah swt or pray to maryam (mary) this is no christianity those people are mushrikoen

the same story for jahudi.

So the change that a fabric of producing food for those big food company's has a staff of people who are righious christian or jahudi is so smal , I won't count on it..

the best thing is to stay away from those big food company's in the west.

If anything is wrong from what i say its from me and not from allah swt

May allah guide us to siraatul mustaqeem and make from us the people of djennah

Excuse me for my bad english i'm not a native engelish person

Wa alaikum salam

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
uh uh uh

well i have also worked at burger king and they fry the fish in the same oil as the chicken.you are correct about the fries tho, but who knows when ur not lookin or your not there and by accident someone does slip a sausage..:SMILY286: .lol allah swt knows best.:SMILY139: yeah its clean -sanitizewise not halal-wise:muslim_child:eek:h i just saw that i answered your question..lol you shouldnt eat the fish