halal marriage gone haraam?

ummyaniah

:girl3: Asalaamu alaikum to all. inshaallah im in a halal marriage, we followed the sunnah, we met through my wali n didnt c each untl after nikah, however, since we been married i've witnessed about 3 salats n 1 2gether. i still only know of the sunnah n deen with what i came with, thers no teachn involved. I am the only one who works. Also, sadly to mentioned i have not recieved a waliema or dowry. intialy i married for knowledge but made very clear that i wanted somthing material within 3months of marriage, ive been married since april! ive lost total interst in this marriage, and each day im being cursed by the angles because im no no longer being a good wife. my wali is away. is this permissable to seek divorce?:shymuslima1: pleas provide help soon.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
Sorry I might have missed something, but do you want to divorce your husband because he hasn't given you your dowry??
What do you mean you lost interest in your marriage?
Ok sister my advice would be to talk to your husband about this, your obviously feeling things that he doesn't know about. Marriage shouldn't be taken for granted, if he's not cheating on you or abusing you then you can work it out inshAllah.
:wasalam:

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

First of all welcome to TTI sister, and we hope that you enjoy your stay here inshallah.

Regarding your post, I am not a scholar to answer your questions, and neither I have the right to give my own opinion in this sensitive issue, because it requires huge knowledge of the Qur'an and Sunnah. But I would kindly suggest that you speak to your local imam regarding this issue, as they we will be able to clarify the situation and answer your questions effeciently.

You can call the below masjids to speak to imam:

1) Muhammad's Mosque of Islam, 2508 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19132
(215) 228-6044

2) Al-Aqsa Islamic Society, 1502 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19122
(215) 765-2743 www.islamicfinder.org... [/I][/I]

I ask Allah (SWT) to help you in your situation, and give you His (SWT) blessings in every situiation inshallah. Amiin..... Inshallah khair!

:wasalam:

MubarekMuslimah

Wasalaams sister

I can give you some sincere naseehah if I may insha'allah

First of all masha'allah on meeting and getting married to your husband the correct way - mubarek. Secondly - do not consider your marriage haraam please sister - haraam is a strong word to use

Marriage is a test sister - it is not an opportunity to be married to a perfect person - none of us are perefect. A successful marriage is one where both partners go to Jannah insha'allah. A marriage is an opportunity to help one one in the the Deen. It is a test of patience and iman and like any test from Allah swt, alhamdulillah, it is a chance to use it to turn towards Allah swt and relish the challenge that you face - solve the problem with Allah swt in mind.

If your husband is not praying - first of all be sure of this. Is it not possible that he prays when you are not in the room? What does he do or say when you say you are going to pray insha'allah? If it turns out he is not doing his 5 x prayers then you have opportunity as his partner and wife to give him Dawah - that is don't leave him! No! give him dawah sis and help him pray 5 x a day - talk to him, teach him, guide him and support him. For this insha'allah you and he will both get reward insha'allah and it will help strengthen both your imans and keep your marriage successful and healthy and islamic

Regarding the dowry - remind him insha'allah. You say you are the only one who works? So you must give him leniency on this if he has no income of his own - your dowry cannot come from your own income after all. How much dowry do you want? is he clear on how much you want? Maybe you only want a little but he is under the false impression that you want a lot - and is struggling becasue of that. Be clear so he doesnt sweat it thinking you want lots of £££

Work at your marriage sister - dont lose interest!! How can you lose interest in something that is half your deen??? something that has ample tests for you to insha'allah please Allah swt?? Persevere and patience sister - it is crucial to strong iman and a strong marriage

Make du'a for him sister and for your relationship and COMMUNICATE with him.

Many problems occur in a relationship when a couple does not communicate. Talk, listen, and dont be shy express your emotions ( both of you. ) He sounds like he is a good brother masha'allah with all the good start to the marriage - don't give up on him - Allah swt is testing you both - pass the test together insha'allah and your marriage will blossom both in this life and the next insha'allah

Waslaams

muharram23

Staff member
:girl3: Asalaamu alaikum to all. inshaallah im in a halal marriage, we followed the sunnah, we met through my wali n didnt c each untl after nikah, however, since we been married i've witnessed about 3 salats n 1 2gether. i still only know of the sunnah n deen with what i came with, thers no teachn involved. I am the only one who works. Also, sadly to mentioned i have not recieved a waliema or dowry. intialy i married for knowledge but made very clear that i wanted somthing material within 3months of marriage, ive been married since april! ive lost total interst in this marriage, and each day im being cursed by the angles because im no no longer being a good wife. my wali is away. is this permissable to seek divorce?:shymuslima1: pleas provide help soon.

Salamu alaykum sister,

Sister ur asking for advice about issues of marriage/divorce which u should ask knowledgable people. You can go on islamqa.com and post a question to a learned scholar. May Allah s.v.a make ur husband better inshaALlah and full field ur rights in islam and make u a riches wife. Ameen

Muharram