Happy B-day Nelson Mandela!

dianek

What a wonderful celebration of life well lived!!!! This man is a gem among men! Happy 90th Nelson! May your passion and love endure through those you touch and the world learn to live by your example of what it means to one with humanity!!!!!

Achmat_Samsodien

:salam2:

Just a note to muslims Nelson Mandela is a self-professed atheist.
Also as a South African, many give Nelson Mandela too much credit. There were many others who done much more in the struggle (Robert Sobukwe), just because Mandela became our first president now the world considers him so GREAT!
THE WORLD DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE MARTYR IMAAM HAROON (May Allah grant him a high place in Jannah) the man was tortured during apartheid and upon his death Cape Town had an earth tremor, Allahu Akbar!

Nelson Mandela has done many a good things for the country but ultimately one evil has replaces itself with another. After he had stepped down our country has just been deteriorating. Too many promises that started with him have NEVER been fulfilled and you can still the repercussions of it.

I guess this is just proof that democracy is a big joke in the end. Man does not know what is good for himself. Sister I know you meant well with this post and I by no means intend on upsetting you or anyone else for that matter but I don't think that muslims should really praise Kaafirs. Rather look at the exaple of our Nabie Muhammad SAW, the ambiyaa and the 4 rightly guided Khalifas, there is no better example than those men in leadership

dianek

:salam2:

Just a note to muslims Nelson Mandela is a self-professed atheist.
Also as a South African, many give Nelson Mandela too much credit. There were many others who done much more in the struggle (Robert Sobukwe), just because Mandela became our first president now the world considers him so GREAT!
THE WORLD DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE MARTYR IMAAM HAROON (May Allah grant him a high place in Jannah) the man was tortured during apartheid and upon his death Cape Town had an earth tremor, Allahu Akbar!

Nelson Mandela has done many a good things for the country but ultimately one evil has replaces itself with another. After he had stepped down our country has just been deteriorating. Too many promises that started with him have NEVER been fulfilled and you can still the repercussions of it.

I guess this is just proof that democracy is a big joke in the end. Man does not know what is good for himself. Sister I know you meant well with this post and I by no means intend on upsetting you or anyone else for that matter but I don't think that muslims should really praise Kaafirs. Rather look at the exaple of our Nabie Muhammad SAW, the ambiyaa and the 4 rightly guided Khalifas, there is no better example than those men in leadership

Regardless of his faith, he works for the causes of mankind, fighting Aids, poverty, serving 30 years in prison against apartheid.....I admire this man greatly.........though he may not be religious he is virtuous and humble.........the world could use many more of his kind.