Shishani

Staff member
Has Islaam been Properly Conveyed to non-Muslims

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen

www.madeenah.com/article.cfm?id=1191

Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid
Reference: Fataawa al A-imah: p.55

Upon commenting on the saying of Allaah the Elevated:

{This Quraan has been revealed to me that I may therewith warn you and whomsoever it may reach.} [Al An'aam: 19]

The Shaykh said:

{…that I may therewith warn you…}

[Meaning] To warn you from defiance by it, His saying:

{…and whomsoever it may reach.}

This indicates that the evidences are not established upon those whom the Quraan has not been conveyed to. Likewise are those whom the Quraan has been conveyed to in a distorted manner, the evidences are not established upon them either, but their excuse is not the same as the excuse of those whom the Quraan has not been conveyed to at all, because it is upon those whom the Quraan has reached in a distorted manner to further investigate. However they may trust the person who conveyed the Quraan to them to a point where they do not need to investigate [for themselves].

The question is: Has the Islaamic religion been conveyed to the masses of non-Muslims in a manner that is not distorted?

The Answer: No! Never! And when the affair of those who act without wisdom emerged, it distorted the picture of Islaam even further in the eyes of the westerners and other than them. Those who plant bombs in the midst of people claiming that this is Jihaad. The truth is that they harm Islaam and further turn people away from it.