Have few questions to ask about solat

Amirul32

salam all,

i have few questions to ask hopefully somebody can help me on this

1) born a muslim, during last many few years i didnt perform shalat and always didnt complete my fasting to 30 days, alhamdulillah Allah has shown me the way back since last few weeks i'm not missing any solat and at the same time trying to be a better muslim and learn more about islam. my question is for all the years that i left solat and fast should i replace it back? i think about 12 years all over. if the answer is yes what is the best way for me to do it 12 years have a lot of salat i'm not sure how long i can complete it in few years time

2) is it true i heard somebody were saying Allah will not accept the tarawikh prayer from a person that havent repay back all the solat that he has missed before? if it is true then what about other sunnat prayer for example the prayer before maghrib and after maghrib

3) i have performed solat sunat taubat on few occasions hoping that Allah will forgive all my bad doings in the past and also for not performing salat and so on. my question is , is it sufficient to perform it just a few times in hope for Allah to accept it or i should do it many times more . how can i know if Allah has accept my taubat, will he give me the instinct knowing it or i will never know or i can just assume it is accepted because Allah is all forgiving

hopefully somebody can help to clarify , many thanks

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: brother

Please read this fatwa
for the fatwa numbers mentioned below, please go to their website and click on the number to be taking to the fatwa
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=E&Id=93053&Option=FatwaId

Question

I am 25 year old muslim following Shafee Madh'hab. I have a very big problem. I have missed my salat until the age of 25 from the age of my puberty (10 yrs). Now I have 15 years of Qadha prayers to make up. I don't know where to start. I've planned to pray 1 missed salat with every fardh salat. My question is, how do you make the intention for the missed salat? Other question: What about the sunnah salats that accompany the fardh salats? (ex: 4 rakahs before dhuhar salat). Is it a must to pray them? or can I pray qadha in place of those sunnah salats? What about the other salats like thahajjuth/ishraq/luha/witr? should i pray qadha in place of these too? If so, assuming i pray qadha of fajr in place of thahajjuth do I have to recite 'dua of tahajjut salat' before i start praying? 3rd question: what about thasbeeh salat / and shukriya salat? And how do you make the intention for 2 rakahs shukriya salat? Jazak Allah Khair for your time and efforts. May Allah (SWT) bless you with Jannah.

Fatwa

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

Our answer to you will be summarized in the following points:

1- We have already issued Fatwa 84403 clarifying how to make up for missed prayers if they are so many, so please refer to it.

2- The stressed supererogatory prayers which are performed before or after obligatory prayers, the Sunnah of Fajr prayer and other supererogatory prayers, all of them are not obligatory prayers, so you are not obliged in principle to perform them at all, and thus you are not obliged to make up for them if you have missed any. Moreover, the scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them differed into two opinions about a person who had missed obligatory prayers whether or not he should perform supererogatory and voluntary prayers. Their views are mentioned in Fatwa 88217, so please refer to it.

3- We have already issued Fataawa 83600, 83877 and 89834 about the method of performing Tasaabeeh prayer, so please refer to them.

4- We are not aware of any prayer called the prayer of thankfulness. What is confirmed in the Sunnah of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) however, is the prostration of thankfulness; for more benefit, please refer to Fatwa 83280.

5- We have not come across any supplication called the 'supplication of Tahajjud'. What is confirmed is the supplication of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) which he used to say after Takbeeratul-Ihraam (saying Allaahu Akbar to start the prayer) and before reciting the Quran when performing the night prayer or any other prayers, this is called by the scholars may Allaah have mercy upon them as the supplication of starting the prayer; for more benefit, please refer to Fatwa 90050. This supplication is legislated for all prayers whether obligatory or supererogatory.

6- Finally, please refer to Fataawa 84248 and 82878 about following the Schools of jurisprudence and details of their foundation.

Allaah Knows best.

Salam brother

Assalamualaikum brother,

I can try and answer point 3. You would know when your heart is no longer worry and is at ease. You and only you will be able to feel when you are feeling at peace, in mind and heart. It is magical. It is advisable that we keep continuing solat tahajud and solat taubat but we must make sure solat fardhu is perform before we do the extras.