Have You Belittled Yourself?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
On the authority of Abu Sa’id (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“Let not any one of you belittle himself.”

They said:

“O Messenger of Allah, how can any one of us belittle himself?”

He said:

“He finds a matter concerning Allah about which he should say something, and he does not say [it],

so Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says to him on the Day of Resurrection:

‘What prevented you from saying something about such-and-such and such-and-such?’

He will say:

‘It was] out of fear of people.’

Then He says:

‘Rather it is I whom you should more properly fear.’”
It was related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain of authorities.
(From The 40 Qudsi [Sacred] Hadiths)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum sister....
what if you have said something about *that matter* yet you see the same person go about it.....then you keep silent! coz you dont want to repeat...is that belitteling ones self???
JazkaAllah khairan for sharing this with us by the way :D
it's very interesting :D
Allah hafiz NOW and alwayss :D

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Mash'allah, All praises be to Allaah, Thankyou very much. Can you please post more like this, I want to collect them. PLease.

May Allah bless you. You are on true guidance, you are a good believer.

:wasalam:

And May Allah bless you akhi..jazaka Allah khair for your kind words (inshallah I will be amongst those you described)..and I will inshallah provide you with a link which contains all the Qudsi Hadiths (all 40 of them) I just have to dig for the link in my bookmarks :)

jazakallah kahir for sharing sis
May ALLAH bless you and the ummah.Ameen
walikum salam

Wa iyaki habibati fi Allah..may Allah bless you and this ummah with His Favor and Mercy Ameen!

Assalamu Alaikum sister....
what if you have said something about *that matter* yet you see the same person go about it.....then you keep silent! coz you dont want to repeat...is that belitteling ones self???
JazkaAllah khairan for sharing this with us by the way :D
it's very interesting :D
Allah hafiz NOW and alwayss :D

Wouldn't silence be a halt to you earning ajer in addition to that possibility of *belittlement* though sister? :)..if the person goes about *that matter* as they always did..then change your method of advising them..and inshallah you will earn the ajer and keep belittlement at bay :)..wa baraka Allaho feeki habibati fi Allah

Assalamualaikum sis, jazakAllah khair for sharing :)

Wa jazaka Allah aj-jannah akhi :)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MahsaAllah that is very useful for me. May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) prevent us all from being among those who does not care about themselves and do not prevent them from Jahannam.

WajazakiAllahu khair Ukhti.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Asslamu Alaikum my sweettteessst ukhti filAzziz!!!:D:D:D:D
Wouldn't silence be a halt to you earning ajer in addition to that possibility of *belittlement* though sister? ..if the person goes about *that matter* as they always did..then change your method of advising them..and inshallah you will earn the ajer and keep belittlement at bay ..wa baraka Allaho feeki habibati fi Allah
I totally understand where you are coming from, but I have kinda given up on this matter, it's just that the only option I see now is to make alot of duas for that person...and Allah knows best! but I sencerly thank you from the bottom of my heart for replying to me in such a good manner! may Allah blesss you and grant you Jannah, in return for the help you give to your brothers and sisters in Islam.ameen ya rabal Alameen!!
JazakaAllah khairan :D
I SOO LOVE you for ALLAH'S sake sister!!!!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

MahsaAllah that is very useful for me. May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) prevent us all from being among those who does not care about themselves and do not prevent them from Jahannam.

WajazakiAllahu khair Ukhti.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Alhamdulillah that I have brought something of benefit to you akhi..ameen to your dua'a..and baraka Allaho feek wa ahsana ilayk

Asslamu Alaikum my sweettteessst ukhti filAzziz!!!:D:D:D:D
I totally understand where you are coming from, but I have kinda given up on this matter, it's just that the only option I see now is to make alot of duas for that person...and Allah knows best! but I sencerly thank you from the bottom of my heart for replying to me in such a good manner! may Allah blesss you and grant you Jannah, in return for the help you give to your brothers and sisters in Islam.ameen ya rabal Alameen!!
JazakaAllah khairan :D
I SOO LOVE you for ALLAH'S sake sister!!!!

I am sure you know this person and all of the situation better than I ever would :)..I wanted to remind you of the great ajer you could be earning..and inshallah you will continue to earn..the fact that you want to make dua'a..indicates an ardent will to help even if indirectly..and surely..Allah (swt) is more generous than not to reward you for that :)..Ameen to your dua'a ukhti..and May Allah (swt) allow us all the bliss of His jannah..Ameen!

Baraka Allaho feeki for your kind words..and I love you for the sake of The Almighty as well! :)

safiya58

very good thread. mashaallah.

sometimes i c ppl they are very quite and shy... but when someone says something wrong about Allah, astagfirullah.. or the deen of Allah... or the servants of Allah... despite their shyness you see them protecting the deen in such a high mettled way... subanallah.... this is how Islam effects the hearts...

Muhammad Saleh

On the authority of Abu Sa’id (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“Let not any one of you belittle himself.”

They said:

“O Messenger of Allah, how can any one of us belittle himself?”

He said:

“He finds a matter concerning Allah about which he should say something, and he does not say [it],

so Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says to him on the Day of Resurrection:

‘What prevented you from saying something about such-and-such and such-and-such?’

He will say:

‘It was] out of fear of people.’

Then He says:

‘Rather it is I whom you should more properly fear.’”
It was related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain of authorities.
(From The 40 Qudsi [Sacred] Hadiths)

May Allah forgive us for putting ourselves down everyday and every moment. Allah has given us the perfect code of conduct but we dont find it implemented fully anywhere. He sent His messengers with clear ayahs so that we could implement the commands of Allah as He wants us to. Some of us dont find it practical anymore and the rest are waiting for Mahdi. We might not be desecrating Allah by our words but we are doing it all the times with our actions. We have confined the role of Allah in ourlives. We think the political, social, economic issues are beyond the purview of Allah. This is the worst form of desecration. we are so content with offering some rituals. I think we all know why we dont try establish His deen as we try to establish prayers. The former requires sacrifices, patience, courage, determination and perseverance which we dont try to learn while we offer our rituals.

I wish we were as passionate about Allah and His Deen as we are about our races, nationalities, families, careers and everything which is personal.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2: Ukhtii

JazakAllah khair katheer for sharing this with us, SubhanAllah!
May Allah blesss you, keep 'em coming ;)

Wassalaam