Have you heard of "Persepolis"?

msaeed

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahebarkatuh,

Has anyone heard of the animated cartoon "Persepolis"? I think it's originally in French. I'm trying to find out what exactly it portrays about Islam. It's written by an Iranian woman, like an autobiography. I know that it has something to do with Islam, Iran, following rules like hijaab or niqaab, etc but I dont know if she or her 'cartoon' actually try to hint that Islam is the one that says "wear hijaab/niqaab or die" type of attitude AstaghferAllaah or if shes just saying that some extreme ppl were forcing that. I ask because my French teacher gave us a short article of the cartoon and apparently we're supposed to discuss it and answer questions like 'do you know any veiled women? are they forced to wear the veil?', etc. I wear the niqaab at school so that might be a little interesting but I just want to make sure that this article/ animated cartoon does not incite hate, ignorance or discrimination and that it does not actually associate false things with Islam or Muslims because if it does then I have to speak with my professor as soon as possible so I can clear that up with her. Its a university environment and we do have rights here Alhamdulilah so at least they cannot bring in and promote something in an educational setting IF it indeed is anti-Islamic.

JazakAllaahukhairan.

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahebarkatuh.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahebarkatuh,

Has anyone heard of the animated cartoon "Persepolis"? I think it's originally in French. I'm trying to find out what exactly it portrays about Islam. It's written by an Iranian woman, like an autobiography. I know that it has something to do with Islam, Iran, following rules like hijaab or niqaab, etc but I dont know if she or her 'cartoon' actually try to hint that Islam is the one that says "wear hijaab/niqaab or die" type of attitude AstaghferAllaah or if shes just saying that some extreme ppl were forcing that. I ask because my French teacher gave us a short article of the cartoon and apparently we're supposed to discuss it and answer questions like 'do you know any veiled women? are they forced to wear the veil?', etc. I wear the niqaab at school so that might be a little interesting but I just want to make sure that this article/ animated cartoon does not incite hate, ignorance or discrimination and that it does not actually associate false things with Islam or Muslims because if it does then I have to speak with my professor as soon as possible so I can clear that up with her. Its a university environment and we do have rights here Alhamdulilah so at least they cannot bring in and promote something in an educational setting IF it indeed is anti-Islamic.

JazakAllaahukhairan.

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahebarkatuh.

:salam2:

From what I know, it was originally a graphic novel about a little girl growing up in Iran. It's about how she dealt with the government and such. I never read, or watched the cartoon but I saw an interview with the author of the graphic novel and that's what she was saying. I don't think it directly deals with Islam, but just how it's like growing up in Iran I believe.

:wasalam:

muslimahsara

muslamah HAMDOULILAH
salam alaikum

Yeah just about a week ago I saw it: it's a cartoon in back and white and the story is about Marjane a young iranian girl who tell her story during the SHa era, before the revolution, and after the Mullahs came in the government.

We follow the story through Marjane eyes ( little girl of 9 i thnink) and it's kind of funny becose she is always in rebelion ( parents, state....) and she is very very secular and maybe anti religion.

I think it' a must see to understand iran and its people.
Voila
Take care sister