Having doubt about Islam

orko

I firmly believe in a higher intelligence, but I have recently began to doubt Islam. Its not that I am afraid of death. I still pray 5 times a day & try my best to refrain from shirk, but I am not 100% sure. Shall I be forgiven?

{Verily! Allâh forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners in worship with Him, but He forgives whom he pleases sins other than that, …}

Do I have to believe in it, or some doubts will be forgiven, provided I repent? If I repent continuosly will my doubts be forgiven?

I am looking for expert answers!

ahmet hakan

there is not any doubt about islam because allah created the earth in 6 days you know we believe quran and everything had been written by allah than ALLAH send to our prophet Hz.Muhammed we know all of this than we believe just be relax and go on you praying never change your way because there are almost 3 billion people in muslim religion that's way you should believe this religion 3 billion people don't make mistake.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
I want to share the following words, which I hold in very high regard, in fact, I read them everyday: The more you gain knowledge and learn, the more you realise the extent of your ignorance.

Repenting is essential to any Muslims life, but it is not the solution to removing your doubt. Our Aqeedah, and all our articles of faith, is based on sincere yaqeen, sincere trust and belief in what we have not seen. That is the difference between a believer and one who has doubts. You need to clarify why you have them, and understand the logical explanations by actively seeking these answers, if truly, you would like to dispel doubt.

May Allah forever enlighten our minds, hearts and souls.

orko

I cannot know with 100 percent surety until I die. But the works of people like Zakir Naik, are a proof that the Quran came from a divine source, but not necessarily from the Creator. There are also miracles associated with Tibetan Buddhism (read Dr.Stanislav Grof's books of the dead). I can't know for sure which of these is true with guarantee until further research is done. Someone please read Dr.Grof's works especially the books of the dead for inquiry into the miracles of Eastern religions. Can we know for sure which one is correct?

ahmet hakan

definitely we can sure which is correct because in the buddhism religion there are some gods which they believed.those gods make up from the idol like cow,how the cow create this earth you can say allah is unview but allah send quran and 3 billion people muslim almost 1.5 billion make their quest and they read quran that's way the quran is the best way because allah send us through our prophet hz. Muhammet :saw: read with translate your language than you will understand which is true

Umm Abdullah

Assalamu aleykum brother.

I found this in the book called Fortification of the Muslim

Supplication Said by One afflicted with D0ubt in His belief:

1. " He should seek refuge with Allah"
2." He should stop dwelling on that which arises in his thoughts"
3. "He should say : " Aamantu billahi wa rusulihi" ( I believe in Allah and His Messenger)

orko

Please read books of the dead by stanislav grof, & read about the works of Stanislav Grof as this may represent one of the few real threats to the spread of islam. Please refute it if i is refutable. Stanislav Grof is one of the founders of Transpersonal Psychology.

Please read books of the dead by stanislav grof, & read about the works of Stanislav Grof as this may represent one of the few real threats to the spread of islam. Please refute it if i is refutable. Stanislav Grof is one of the founders of Transpersonal Psychology.
hello, i have been reading your posts and i am not sure what exactly are u doubting about islam. i am willing to help you. :D

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaika warahmatullaah, brother.

I cannot know with 100 percent surety until I die.
With all due respect, you seem to have a serious problem with `ilmul ghayb (knowledge of the unseen, which none but Allaah knows).
But the works of people like Zakir Naik, are a proof that the Quran came from a divine source, but not necessarily from the Creator.
So you're basically saying there's a "divine source" out there but it isn't Allaah? How many Divine Sources do you believe there to be? Who created the Universe, the galaxies, the Earth and the Sky and all that's within them? Is there another Creator besides Allaah? Another Originator besides Allaah? Another One who takes life and gives it, besides Allaah?

Brother, before I go to a library to get that book by Dr. Grof (or buy it from Amazon for $5), I'd like you to study Tawheed in it's entirety. Study `Aqeedah. You shouldn't go around reading books by non-Muslims about "the dead", or whatever else that deals with life outside of this dunya, without first having a firm belief in Allaah `azza wa jall. I'm not saying this because I'm keeping you from really finding out the "truth" that's out there or because I'm afraid you'll find out the "reality" of what/how Islaam really is, but I'm saying this for your own good. If you're firm in your `Aqeedah, you should definitely be able to distinguish between truth and falsehood and there'll be no room for doubts such as this.

This Dr., Stanislav Grof, has no knowledge of Allaah `azza wa jall. He was once a disciple of Freud. (some of his *theories* are just appalling) These guys, their work is based on "theories" and a few experiments here and there. You can't come to a conclusion about Islam by reading their work. That's not what a man of sound mind would do.

I also think that you're having doubts about the concept of "mawt"(Death) and not all of Islaam, right? Could you maybe point out a few things you don't agree with isntead of making us read a book (that if I have to be honest, we could all do without) and we'll try to shed light on them to the best of our knowledge inshaa'Allaah... And, by "expert answers" I think you meant scholars? Sorry, we're all just regular folks here not scholars.

orko

go to this link & download the torrent, I think at least one muslim should be well versed in these. Someone who has time & someone who is knoledgable must read his works~!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
^Brother, please fear Allaah and remove that link. No one should have to see those disgusting Ads o there!! If you want us to read something, look for a better site and share that.

May Allaah forgive us all for our shortcomings.

since you havent gave me a certain answer for my question then i am sorry to say i agree with the previous post for our sister, if you are having doubts about the qurans divinity then you are ignorant from its meaning and have never read it while understanding it which could be the major cause for your doubt. If you want to have a conversation concerning this then please clarify your point and say it so we can discuss it deeply.

orko

It is too big to explain here, read about the works of Grof, especially books of the dead

Mahzala

Lack of clarity in the thread urges the need for this question to be asked.

Orko, are you Muslim, by birth? If so, it is likely many of the responses will not be in favour of engaging in your request to read works by the authors you suggest. The emphasis here is to expel your doubt without dwelling on it and by seeking the answers of 'experts', as you call them, on Islam itself, and not reading into the contrasting argument and basing your belief on that. And if you're not a Muslim, it makes sense, only then, that the reasons for debate become legitimate.

orko

yes, I was born in a muslim family, but these works have created doubts in my mind, & for this reason I have requested other muslims to understand these so as to see both arguments & see which are stronger. Transpersonal psychology is a very interesting study by itself.

Mahzala

The reason I asked was to point out that essentially, and ultimately, what you are trying to do is escalate your own doubts, and potentially put someone else in the same situation. Why would you take responsibility for such a thing? As I said earlier, if you're Muslim, and you're asking your fellow Muslims to do the same thing, chances are, the response is not going to be very favourable. What you fail to see is you are comparing a Divine being with a concept, a theory, and at its root, an idea. In your attempt to communicate your concerns about your faith crisis, I would say you have received some pretty good suggestions. From here, figure those out, and then move on to the other arguments you wish for others to understand (if you still need to). Because at the end of the day, the Muslims you are communicating with do not need further convincing, those arguments do not reduce the weight on their end of the scale.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
yes, I was born in a muslim family, but these works have created doubts in my mind, & for this reason I have requested other muslims to understand these so as to see both arguments & see which are stronger. Transpersonal psychology is a very interesting study by itself.

:salam:

I would be more than happy to read the books you mentioned akhi, but problem is I still have a long list of books to finish. Assuming that Transpersonal psychology is very interesting, I have a few questions which I would request you to answer: Does it teach you how to live a life? Does it answer how to carry out your day to day activities? What is permissible and where the line has to be drawn? Does it help me realize my Creator better?

Awaiting your response.
Peace.