hell and heaven

db92509

Hello forum

I would like to start a a conversion on the subject of hell and heaven as ultimately if one holds to a particular religious view then heaven and hell is ultimatley the reason for your actions or non actions.

my first question is whether you end up in heaven or hell, will you still retain your human characteristics, your memories of your time on earth? will you still have a human body and will it be the same body you had at the time of death?

my subsequent questions will be dependent on hte answer to this question. i hope there is a difinite answer and not a variety of varied responses

regards

mhamzah

Hi there,

Can't write a detailed reponse right now, will try later Insha'Allah [if Allah swt wills].

Just wanted to clarify one thing. The Quran does not say people will go to heaven, rather it talks about Jannah [Garden]. Heaven is something else.

a_stranger

37:51 (Asad) One of them speaks thus: “Behold, I had [on earth] a close companion
37:52 (Asad) who was wont to ask [me], ‘Why - art thou really one of those who believe it to be true
37:53 (Asad) [that] after we have died and become mere dust and bones we shall, forsooth, be brought to judgment?”’
37:54 (Asad) [And] he adds: “Would you like to look [and see him]?” –
37:55 (Asad) and then he looks and sees that [companion of his] in the midst of the blazing fire,
37:56 (Asad) and says: “By God! Verily, thou hast almost destroyed me [too, O my erstwhile companion]
37:57 (Asad) for had it not been for my Sustainer’s favour, I would surely be [now] among those who are given over [to suffering]!
37:58 (Asad) But then, [O my friends in paradise,] is it [really] so that we are not to die
37:59 (Asad) [again,] beyond our previous death, and that we shall never [again] be made to suffer?
37:60 (Asad) Verily, this - this indeed - is the triumph supreme!”
37:61 (Asad) For the like of this, then, let them labour, those who labour [in God’s way]!

Translation of the meanings of Quran

mhamzah

And give good tidings to those who believe and do righteous deeds that they will have gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow. Whenever they are provided with a provision of fruit there from, they will say, "This is what we were provided with before." And it is given to them in likeness. And they will have therein purified spouses, and they will abide therein eternally. (2:25)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
yes those who enter jannah or hellwill have memories of their life here and maintain the same body.though peaple in jannah wud be more beautiful and more stronger and taller..........that's in short what i gathered from hadiths i've heard...........

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
I would like to start a a conversion on the subject of hell and heaven as ultimately if one holds to a particular religious view then heaven and hell is ultimatley the reason for your actions or non actions.

Allah says is the Quran that not only you have to have faith in Him but also have to do good deeds then you become eligible to go to the heaven or Paradise which is called Jannah in Arabic. So one become eligible to go to the paradise but one will go only by the mercy of Allah the Glorious and the Merciful and the Forgiving.

my first question is whether you end up in heaven or hell, will you still retain your human characteristics, your memories of your time on earth? will you still have a human body and will it be the same body you had at the time of death?

When we will be brought back to life on the Day of Judgment we will have the same body as we have on this earth. Except every one's will be 33 years old, a person who died as an infant or a person who died old at age 100, they all will have a body of a 33 year old. We will also be given back all the memories of our life on this earth.

Those who never received the message of Allah on earth will be tested there on that day. One Hadees (saying of Prophet) says that angels will come to those people and show them evidance that they have been sent by Allah and tell them that He wants them to jump into the Hellfire. Those who will obey and do jump into the fire will be plucked away by the angels and taken to the Paradise and those who will refuse to do they will ironically be dragged to the Hellfire.

Those who will be lucky to go to Jannah (Paradise) will first go thru a process of purification and transformation. They will be brought to a fountain and they will drink its water and it will purify their heart and it will remove any bad feelings and grudges they had against anyone, and also remove jelousy, anger, ego or any other bad characteristics from that person. Then that person will be brought to an another fountain and when they will drink its water it will magically transform their bodies. The person will become tall and very very very beautiful. That beauty cannot be compared to anything existing in this world. Then they will be taken to their own Paradise.

The Paradise will be spread accross the whole universe. Probably every one will have a whole planet or many planets to himself or herself. Prophet Mohammad has said that the last person coming out of hell will get a Paradise equal to 10 earths. So we can imagine those who will be in higher levels will have lightyears of realstate for them.

It will be a new universe. This whole current universe will be dismantaled down to its smallest energy strings and then will be recreated with new strings with all its coordinates uncurled. (See String Theory) That is why we will be able to see Allah. And the people of Paradise will love nothong more pleasureable than seeing their Lord Allah (SWT).

And those who will be sent to Hell... Well... Hell will have many levels too, and based on that level you will be given that body. The worst of the worst will be thrown into a hell which will be very hot and very deep, a 6 feet tall person will become a dust in a few seconds. The inhabitants of this hell according to Prophet Mohammad, molar teeth of these people will be the size of Ohud (a hill near Medina), which means their shoulders will be 200 miles wide and they will be over 800 miles tall. That is how they will be able to sustain such severe punishment and not just blown away as dust. They will be so huge and so powerful yet will be easily subdued by even more stronger angels. When their bodies will be charred a liquid will be poured on them which will bring new flesh and new skin and then the same cycle will continue.

If this sounds strange to you then it is because you do not believe on God. He can do anything he wants. He is the designer, the inventor, the fashioner of all that exists in this universe and beyond. And He can redesign it in any way He would want.

We all should seek refuge of Allah from His punishment and ask for his mercy and his Paradise.

Hope I answered your question.

:wasalam:

arzafar

:salam2:

If this sounds strange to you then it is because you do not believe on God. He can do anything he wants. He is the designer, the inventor, the fashioner of all that exists in this universe and beyond. And He can redesign it in any way He would want.

We all should seek refuge of Allah from His punishment and ask for his mercy and his Paradise.

Hope I answered your question.

:wasalam:

exactly! there is no point in debating religious beliefs with an atheist. Without belief in Allah there is nothing! SO far he hasn't asked for any proof for the existence of god which is surprising.